PDA

View Full Version : Area 61s Revisited

marnold
May 3rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Now that I'm in my Underground Lair (tm) I can crank my AD30VT and really hear these Area 61s. It's making me rethink everything I've taken for granted before. Maybe it's because these are the first decent single coils I've ever owned. What I mean is that, for example, my volume knob has become useful. Cutting back between 6-8 cleans things up and lowers the treble without losing any definition. Changing the location where I pluck the string changes the tone entirely (right over the neck pup, middle, or somewhere in between). I'm really quite amazed.

I thought I had lost my Black 2x12 plus TO800 tone when I cranked it up. It got a bit harsh. Backing off on the volume a bit brought it back again. I guess the old saying it true. You really have to crank it up to hear it.

Robert
May 3rd, 2008, 08:33 PM
Good to hear, I might buy these pickups too eventually. DiMarzio make kick booty good single coil pickups.

M29
May 4th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Hello,

I put two Area 61's in my Jazzmaster and I love em. Thanks for the tip marnold:AOK: I can't believe how quiet they are, I love em:AOK: I am experimenting with the pickup height as suggested:D

M29