PDA

View Full Version : Good beer

Spudman
May 3rd, 2008, 08:49 PM
If I had to talk right now I'd sound really stupid. It's a good thing I can correct my typing mistakes before I post.:o

Anybody ever tried ths beer? I hate to thing what two of them in a row would do to me. :messedup:

It's verry tastie stufff.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Junk/beer.jpg

Robert
May 3rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
Never tried that one. What type of beer is it?

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2008, 11:27 PM
Looks like it's a strong type! 11.3%!

markb
May 4th, 2008, 12:05 AM
It's a Belgian abbe style trippel. Falling-over water if I ever saw it :D . Dubbel types come in at about 8% if you feel like taking it easy ;) . Maybe this is why trappist monks don't speak, they're too smashed to form a sentence.
My favourite Belgian beers are the Duvel type lagers, bone dry and 8-9%.
:beer:

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 12:55 AM
Mark - you nailed it. "Falling over water" for sure. I haven't felt that stupis since the time I drove the tractor in through the front wall of the barn.

Katastrophe
May 4th, 2008, 05:12 AM
MUST POST CLIPS.... NOW.:rotflmao: :D

Looks like strong stuff. Take it easy and keep hydrating this morning!

Kazz
May 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM
11.3% wow....

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Yes I've tried that beer Spud. It is one of the world's greatest beers.

So sez me.

Have anudder one ;).

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Well Spud, have you recovered or are you still drinking?:messedup:

Did the beer come with a free subscription of Guitar Player or was that the free gift that accompanied the Guitar Player subscription?

Hopefully you didn't drink too many and decide to end your night of playing by doing a little Townsend on Luke.

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Townsend on my Luke!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have to say that not only is that beer extremely tasty but it's lethal or at least zombie state inducing material. I got up today to find out that I had left all my recording gear still turned on. :thwap:

My neighbors brought it back for me from their trip to Italy.

marnold
May 4th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Very nice beer. Excellent example of the style.

ZMAN
May 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yea that's about the same as our light beer up here in Canada!
I just finished a nice Faxe Festbock. A lowly 7.7 Alcohol. Danish. They were out of my favourite Tuborg.
Just watching the Penguins winning 2 to 0.

markb
May 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Townsend on my Luke!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have to say that not only is that beer extremely tasty but it's lethal or at least zombie state inducing material. I got up today to find out that I had left all my recording gear still turned on. :thwap:

My neighbors brought it back for me from their trip to Italy.

You should be glad your neighbours brought you this and not Italian beer :D

luvmyshiner
May 4th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I haven't felt that stupis since the time I drove the tractor in through the front wall of the barn.

WHAAAAT?????:eek: :eek: How could you do that to a poor innocent tractor?:cry: At least tell me you didn't spill the beer during that horrid tractor incident.:beer:

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 03:05 PM
WHAAAAT?????:eek: :eek: How could you do that to a poor innocent tractor?:cry: At least tell me you didn't spill the beer during that horrid tractor incident.:beer:
No I didn't spill my beer but my mom took my coke away.

luvmyshiner
May 4th, 2008, 03:52 PM
. . . but my mom took my coke away.

Hmmm, a "double entendre" . . . very nice Spud.:D And y'all thought we Texan's didn't know nothin' with more than two sylla . . . sylob . . . slobac . . . never mind.:cry:

Tim
May 5th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Well speaking of beer, I have been drinking Yuengling beer since arriving in Pittsburgh. I never heard of it until I went over to my sisters house one day. She claims it the oldest beer in the USA. It is great on tap. The bottled and can beer I can take or leave. That beer Spuds been discussing sound very interesting. How many cans to bring on the buzz? My guess is 3 max. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Spudman
May 5th, 2008, 07:03 PM
That beer Spuds been discussing sound very interesting. How many cans to bring on the buzz? My guess is 3 max. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Oh no! Far less than 3. Three will bring about a coma.

Hmmm, a "double entendre" . . . very nice Spud.

Nice catch.;)