PDA

View Full Version : Sultans Of Swing

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
This one is for my homey SunValley. I trust this will go on to your ipod?;)
http://www.box.net/shared/99juil6o0g

Luke>Vamp Pro>Cubase

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Way on down south: Londontown!

Man you nailed both the vocals & guitar playing...unless you're trying to scam us with a Knopfler track. ;)

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Ok, now post the picture of Mark Knopfler jamming with you at your house.

Nice job!!!

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Way on down south: Londontown!

Man you nailed both the vocals & guitar playing...unless you're trying to scam us with a Knopfler track. ;)

Nope. Just me and Luke and a bowl of Rasin Bran.

t_ross33
May 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
That's Two Scoops of Awesome! One of my favorite guitar tunes, eh-ver!

Nicely done, Spuds!

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Nope. Just me and Luke and a bowl of Rasin Bran.
Good call on the Raisin Bran, crunchy just doesn't work with Sultanas of Swing ;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultana_(grape)

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM
After doing this I have a whole new respect for Mark Knopfler. He's bloody amazing. I like to think of him as subtly incredible.

sunvalleylaw
May 4th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Oh, yeah, iPod material for inspiration for sure. Smooooooooth! I like what you did with the solo. Has the feel, but definitely your own. You were flatpicking, yes?

P.S. We've (I mean us fretters who harassed you) created a monster!! :rockon:

marnold
May 4th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Did you use the bridge-middle notch position?

sumitomo
May 4th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Good job Spud,Keep em comming I got me an asbestos glove so this lighter wont burn my hand.Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
May 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Incredible job on one of my all-time favorite guitar tunes! I can still remember exactly where I was when I heard that classic for the first time. Thanks for bringing back a flood of memories! :bravo: :AOK:

warren0728
May 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM
ok....i'm selling all my gear....buying an old vw bus....and when spud goes on his "tater tour" i'm gonna follow him to all his shows!! :beer: :master: :bravo:

ww

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 02:04 PM
You were flatpicking, yes?

Nope. Finger picking just like Mark (except sloppier)

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Did you use the bridge-middle notch position?

Neck - middle. :AOK: Anyone who says EMGs are sterile and lifeless doesn't have a clue.

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 02:05 PM
ok....i'm selling all my gear....buying an old vw bus....and when spud goes on his "tater tour" i'm gonna follow him to all his shows!! :beer: :master: :bravo:

ww

I'd be happy to have you. Pancakes are power food!:bravo: :pancake:

street music
May 4th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Spud, I'll book you in Kentucky for October. Awesome job, keep up the good work.

Guitar Gal
May 5th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Very nice Spud :dude: One of my favs :beer:

GG

tjcurtin1
May 5th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Jeez! What did they start puttin' in your water out there, Spud?!

ww

Wow, someone's gonna cash in if we all sell our gear at the same time, Warren - it'll depress the market!

warren0728
May 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'd be happy to have you. Pancakes are power food!:bravo: :pancake:
cool, i could make them in the parking lot and sell them to buy tickets to your shows....just like the dead heads.....guess we would be the spud heads or tater heads....or something :pancake:

ww

Kazz
May 6th, 2008, 04:05 AM
http://www.box.net/shared/eymhdgjpco

Luke>Vamp Pro>Cubase

Ahh...the spud is getting a bit cocky.....presuming this is ipod material LMAO

and now I see why....darn good job there....I love how you brought the backing vocals in on the other track....until I listened closer I thought my wife was singing along with you.....very stellar recording....and great playing too....one comment about your version over Mark Knopflers....I can actually understand the words you are singing.....so I am picking up some things I never understood in his version.

Great Job Spud. You really baked on this one.

Justaguyin_nc
May 6th, 2008, 04:44 AM
My gawd.. give up the day job and get out there!

Really enjoyed this..

Hey, a few more Spudtastic recordings and I got a Spudtastic CD!!

:bravo: :beer: :bravo:

Jipes
May 6th, 2008, 05:44 AM
http://www.box.net/shared/eymhdgjpco

Luke>Vamp Pro>Cubase

Well down Spudman, a great cover indeed, that was quite sometimes that I havn't heard this song and you really make it justice :AOK:

The strat tone is really close to Mr Knopfler himself ;)

Jipes

Katastrophe
May 6th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Very nice again Spud.

You know, that V-amph is putting out some great tones. Impressive!:AOK: :rockon:

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Well down Spudman, a great cover indeed, that was quite sometimes that I havn't heard this song and you really make it justice :AOK:

The strat tone is really close to Mr Knopfler himself ;)

Jipes
Thanks Jipes...but this was done on a Musicman Luke with active pickups. Pretty Strat like for not even being a Strat huh.;)

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2008, 09:03 AM
GREAT clip Spuds!

The Luke sounds awesome! :)

Robert
May 6th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Sound great! Your playing is far from being "Luke-warm"... :D :D

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Sound great! Your playing is far from being "Luke-warm"... :D :D

Funny.:D BTW - have you washed your socks?:rotflmao:

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
cool, i could make them in the parking lot and sell them to buy tickets to your shows....just like the dead heads.....guess we would be the spud heads or tater heads....or something :pancake:

ww
Tater-tots ;).

Given how you've been known to make pancakes, I'm strenously avoiding the parking lot scene on the Luke Skyrawker Tour of the Galaxy.

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 10:00 AM

ww
Messrs. & Mesdames Potato Head.

Given how you've been known to make pancakes, I'm strenously avoiding the parking lot scene on the Luke Skyrawker Tour of the Galaxy.