PDA

View Full Version : Over 50 mph on my bicycle

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I had to take a break from all this recording and it's a beautiful day in the upper 60s so I went for a little bike ride. I hit this on the way home...and no the cops weren't chasing me.:cool:
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Junk/computer003.jpg

Algonquin
May 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM
51 MPH :eek: That's scary fast!

I can sometimes get the canoe up to about 4 :D

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I can sometimes get the canoe up to about 4 :D
Put it in the water & you might go a little faster :D.

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Put it in the water & you might go a little faster :D.
:rotflmao:

Algonquin
May 4th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Put it in the water & you might go a little faster :D.Dooh! :thwap:

Spudman... You'd want to stay focused at those kind of speeds, wouldn't want to hit a racoon at that clip. I bet it felt great though!

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Hmmm, 51 mph huh. If I were you I would take precautions and being a fellow fretter, I will look out for your best interest.

I'm sending you a form to fill out and sign that just states what is to become of your worldly possesions in the event of...well, let's call it a mishap. It's just your standard form, you know the usual boilerplate text that could be found in any form such as the one I am sending you - "in the event of an accident all guitars and guitar related gear is to be shipped to "Just Strum's Guitar and Guitar Gear Safe Storge." I know, you think it's a scam, but I am in no way affiliated with the company, but I have read good reviews about equipment in their care.

Again, just looking out for your best interest. Oh, and helmets are overrated, you can go even faster without one.

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Dooh! :thwap:

What'd'ya think them paddles were for? Wacking the bees that hide in the canoe as you carry it over your head (see avatar)?

Again, just looking out for your best interest. Oh, and helments are overrated, you can go even faster without one. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I hope there's enough space behind

Just Strum's Guitar and Guitar Gear Safe Storage

for a decent roof shot.

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Dooh! :thwap:

Spudman... You'd want to stay focused at those kind of speeds, wouldn't want to hit a racoon at that clip. I bet it felt great though!

Even a bumble bee will about knock me off the bike. It kind of takes my breath away for just an instant much in the same way the gusty cross winds do when I get going over 50.:eek:

Oh Strum, just fax that over and I'll get it right back to you. Maybe I should have Shiner read it first?

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Even a bumble bee will about knock me off the bike. It kind of takes my breath away for just an instant much in the same way the gusty cross winds do when I get going over 50.:eek:

Oh Strum, just fax that over and I'll get it right back to you. Maybe I should have Shiner read it first?

Just remember at that speed, breath through your nose unless you want to have lunch on the fly or a fly for lunch.

markb
May 4th, 2008, 03:37 PM
I refuse to be impressed unless you were riding a fixed gear :rotflmao:

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Just remember at that speed, breath through your nose unless you want to have lunch on the fly or a fly for lunch.
Speaking of...years ago I was out for a long ride with a buddy while the Tour De France was going on. He was telling me about how one of the guys in the tour (might have been Shaun Kelly) was stung in the mouth when a bee flew in...at just that instant a bee flew into and stung my friend in his mouth and he is allergic. Fortunately the endorphins kept the swelling and shock at bay.
Weird huh?

luvmyshiner
May 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM

Hmm, I think that might be a good idea Spud. And not to cause any problems, but I understand that another company named "CB's Guitar and Guitar Gear Safe Storage . . . Inc." . . . has a better reputation. Plus, their CEO knows how to spell "Storage".:poke:

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Hmm, I think that might be a good idea Spud. And not to cause any problems, but I understand that another company named "CB's Guitar and Guitar Gear Safe Storage . . . Inc." . . . has a better reputation. Plus, their CEO knows how to spell "Storage".:poke:

Hey that is a, ummm, it's a ahhhhh, it's a marketing gimmick that is commonly used by the better storage facilities.

Childbride
May 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Spud, i never ever rode remotely that fast. must have been a scary, thrilling thing. :)

i miss it, but i'm glad i did [and was able to do] the miles all over that i rode. :D

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Speaking of...years ago I was out for a long ride with a buddy while the Tour De France was going on. He was telling me about how one of the guys in the tour (might have been Shaun Kelly) was stung in the mouth when a bee flew in...at just that instant a bee flew into and stung my friend in his mouth and he is allergic. Fortunately the endorphins kept the swelling and shock at bay.
Weird huh?
I had a no speed version of that event.

I was out back on a hot summer's day with a can of lemonade.

I remarked to myself (which I'm rather inclined to do on occaision) that the lemonade was mighty pulpy with a powerful tang.

It turned out that the "pulp" was the bee wandering around dazed & confused in my mouth. The origin of the

TANG?

was his instrument of beestruction.
Luckily I realized before the sucker committed hari-kari. As a child I blew up like a ballon whenever I stepped on a bee.

You'd think that I'd put on shoes after that...but NO I was just that stupid.

Same thing with rusty nails. I'd play barefoot in the housing construction behind my house. Three rusty nails inna foot in one summer & No it wasn't in Texas :rotflmao:;) :rotflmao:.

Spudman
May 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
I hope nobody says "hey, this one time I saw a piano fall on a guy from a 6th story window."

warren0728
May 4th, 2008, 07:47 PM
ok...i have to ask....how the heck did you actually get to that speed on a bicycle? :confused:

were you going downhill or did you have a really long road and a 48 speed bike?

ww

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
ok...i have to ask....how the heck did you actually get to that speed on a bicycle? :confused:

ww

It said Harley on the gas tank.

I think he could do it with a slight downhill assist. If he tells us he was going uphill, well then...

ZMAN
May 4th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Watch out for Turkeys.

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2008, 07:52 PM

ww & how'd'you take a photo of the speedometer at that

speeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeed?!?

Come to think of it, it looks like it is pitch black & you just had an 11.3% Trappist Rochefort #10.

:master:Dear lordy-O thanks for bringing the Spudmaster back from the brink O' death so that he may seranade us summore with the Luke O' Wonders. :master:

just strum
May 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM
hey, this one time I saw a piano fall on a guy from a 6th story window. Oh never mind, no one will believe me.

Guitar Gal
May 5th, 2008, 05:30 PM
51 MPH is pretty darn fast on a bike Spudman :bravo: Should we be looking for you this July in France?

I've hit a top speed of 40 MPH on my bike and felt like I was flying. Afterwards, I was just glad I did not hit loose rock or a road pizza (or pancake).....it might have been ugly :thwap:

GG

just strum
May 5th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I know - off topic. GG where have you been? I was starting to think you left us.

Guitar Gal
May 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I know - off topic. GG where have you been? I was starting to think you left us.

No.....have not left.....just been crazy busy with work and had some home projects that needed to be done ASAP......

just the usual life getting in the way of me doing what I really want to do

:poke:

GG