PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Vacation! (back from the island of Cyprus)

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Hello Boys and Girls!

You probably havent missed me too much but I just wanted to chime in and say that I am back from a LOVELY week at the island of Cyprus!

Friendly people, nice climate and cool drinks. Its been great!

The only strange thing is that you are now allowed to flush down toilet paper. You have to throw it in a little bin besides the toilet! :confused:
Its the same at Crete so it must be a island thing....

I found out that driving a scooter is so much fun. I bought one today and hopefully I will be making the streets unsafe this weekend! :R

Now I will enjoy a cup of black coffee and play some geetar..

Tone2TheBone
May 6th, 2008, 09:18 AM
They probably have the same toilet paper restrictions in Venice. Think about it...where does the water go? ;) Welcome back buddy!

Robert
May 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Welcome back! Did you see any local music talents playing? When I went to Turkey, there were local performers all over the place. Some were good on guitar too.

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah I saw a bouzoki (spelling?) show that was awesome.. I tried to find a music store so I could try one out myself.. Bouzoki is awesome!

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 10:32 AM
welcome back swede....we need pics of that scooter....action shots of you riding it preferred! :beer:

ww

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Welcome back Super dude.:wave:

Sorry but I drank that really good beer that I was saving for you.:(

Algonquin
May 6th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Hello Boys and Girls!

The only strange thing is that you are now allowed to flush down toilet paper. You have to throw it in a little bin besides the toilet! :confused:
Its the same at Crete so it must be a island thing....
Ummm... :confused: Don't worry about the 'Pics, or it didn't happen' thingy that goes on here... we believe you!

Welcome back SuperSwede, and yes... you were missed! :)

Cheers

abraxas
May 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Hold on a moment SS.... you were in Cyprus??

And you got there... via Greece??

And not a pm sent??? :confused:

Or you were at the occupied northern part of the island?

I'm just pulling your leg, REALLY glad you had a good time man! :AOK:

Also, please Robert, mentioning Cyprus and Turkey in the same sentence is rather painful for a Greek... you see this astonishingly beautiful Emerald Island, is the last place in Europe under military occupation and the only divided country in the Old Continent.... :mad:

Damn, my posts are getting political in a depressing manner, as of late... :confused:

Robert
May 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Sorry, abraxas - no harm meant! You guys should just all move to Canada. We have lots of space and :beer: - just bring your warm gloves and winter hat.

abraxas
May 6th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry, abraxas - no harm meant! You guys should just all move to Canada. We have lots of space and :beer: - just bring your warm gloves and winter hat.

I hear you friend, sorry for perhaps being over-sensitive.

Hmmm... maybe I'd be moving to Sweden, in fact this is not an option to be dismissed for the (not to distant) future. ;)

SuperSwede
May 6th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hold on a moment SS.... you were in Cyprus??

And you got there... via Greece??

And not a pm sent??? :confused:

Or you were at the occupied northern part of the island?

I'm just pulling your leg, REALLY glad you had a good time man! :AOK:

Also, please Robert, mentioning Cyprus and Turkey in the same sentence is rather painful for a Greek... you see this astonishingly beautiful Emerald Island, is the last place in Europe under military occupation and the only divided country in the Old Continent.... :mad:

Damn, my posts are getting political in a depressing manner, as of late... :confused:

We flew from Gothenburg straight to Larnaka Airport (the old with the SHORT runway).

We never visited the northern side but we saw a couple of turkish (and british!) fortifications that the greek-cypriots really could live without.

Next time we could have a fret.net conference at Callisto Hotel? We are definately going back!

Warren, I have to wait until thursday for the scooter. Its brand new and they were going to register it and whatever they do with new scooters.

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2009, 12:33 AM
*bump*

Flying to Cyprus this friday! Same hotel since we enjoyed it so much the last time.

We trying out the "all inclusive" package so save a prayer for my internal organs cause I really dig that Cypriotic Brandy :)

Jimi75
April 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
SS, good to have you back.

The island of the Gods :-) Have you been to the Turkish border? A friend of mine has eyewitnessed some serious trouble going on there, that's the flip side of the medallion ;-)

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2009, 02:17 AM
SS, good to have you back.

The island of the Gods :-) Have you been to the Turkish border? A friend of mine has eyewitnessed some serious trouble going on there, that's the flip side of the medallion ;-)

Well, since the border is open we might take a look on the occupied northern parts.
Flying at 07.00 this friday so we have to drive from home at 03.00 :(

Robert
April 29th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Stay away from the swine flu.

Spudman
April 29th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Have a great time and don't forget to pick up some post cards to send us.

sumitomo
April 29th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Yea have a great time send us a photo of you hitting that buzuki,I mean playing it. Sumi:D

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I´m definately going to look for a vintage ´59 bouzuki.. I wonder if they have any pawn shops ;)