PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Radiohead Tonight!!!!

R_of_G
May 6th, 2008, 11:10 AM
The day is finally here!!! Radiohead plays Tampa, FL tonight and my wife and I will be there. This will be our second time seeing them [the first was in W. Palm Beach in 2003]. I cannot wait to hear/see them again. I will be sure to post a review of the show in the coming days. Is anybody else seeing any of the shows on this summer's tour?

Algonquin
May 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Have a good time tonight. :AOK:
Should be a great show!
Cheers,

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM
have a great time....looking forward to the review!

ww

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
You lucky ____________________!!!!

I want to hear the review when you are rested.

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Rock on R O' G!!!

sunvalleylaw
May 6th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Have a great time! Report back please!

R_of_G
May 7th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Ok, what an AMAZING show that was! The setlist, which I will include below, was a great mix of the new In Rainbows material and songs from most of their previous albums. They also did a great job of mixing up the upbeat rocking songs with some of the slower more contemplative numbers.

I noticed Thom Yorke was playing at least two guitars I had not seen on previous tours. One was a shiny red SG with a big-*** tailpiece on it, the other a Les Paul - I couldn't tell quite what color it was bc of the lights.

Ok, about the lights... the last time I saw them play in 2003 I thought their light show was the coolest thing I had ever seen in my life [it looked like a giant LiteBrite]. That was NOTHING compared to what they have for this tour. It's hard to describe but the stage is surrounded by enormous glass tubes hanging from the scaffolds that light up in all kinds of crazy colors and patterns depending on what's going on with the music. There was a also a long rectangular video screen behind the stage split into five sections. On each of these sections were isolation-camera shots of each band member playing. Once again, their visual presentation was very suited to their music.

Below is the setlist from the show. I was THRILLED that they played "Lucky" so early in the show. It is my fav of their songs and was the first of their songs I learned how to play. I thought all of the songs were performed very well - the band seemed to be "on" from the very beginning and just picked up steam as they went along - but some other highlights were "Bangers & Mash" [which featured Thom Yorke on a tiny little drum kit], as well as "Just" and "National Anthem" both of which almost blew the roof off the building. Also, they played "The Tourist" which is pretty rare, and was a very nice treat so late in the show.

Overall, I enjoyed it even more the 2003 show that I saw [which was also a great show]. My only real complaint was the girl sitting behind me reacting like she was at a 1964 Beatles show [by which I mean just shrieking at the top of her lungs all night long]. If any of you get the chance to see this band, do not miss it!!!

Radiohead - Ford Amphitheatre - Tampa, FL 5-6-08

1. All I Need
2. There There
3. Lucky
4. Bangers and Mash
5. 15 Step
6. Nude
7. Pyramid Song
8. Optimistic
9. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
10. National Anthem
11. Idioteque
12. You And Whose Army?
13. Reckoner
14. Everything In Its Right Place
15. Airbag
16. Bodysnatchers
17. Videotape

First Encore

18. The Gloaming
19. The Tourist
20. Just
21. Faust Arp
22. Exit Music

Second Encore

23. The Bends
24. House of Cards

just strum
May 7th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Ok, what an AMAZING show that was! The setlist, which I will include below, was a great mix of the new In Rainbows material and songs from most of their previous albums. They also did a great job of mixing up the upbeat rocking songs with some of the slower more contemplative numbers.

Sounds like a great show, I think I need to start taking in concerts again.

... My only real complaint was the girl sitting behind me reacting like she was at a 1964 Beatles show [by which I mean just shrieking at the top of her lungs all night long].

Are you sure that wasn't Warren??? Or someone sitting next to him when they found out he was wearing his pancake making outfit?

aeolian
May 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Wish I were there!

Radiohead bonus - all barre chords arpeggio:
G (3rd fret)
B (7th fret)
C (8th fret)
Cm (8th fret)

warren0728
May 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Are you sure that wasn't Warren??? Or someone sitting next to him when they found out he was wearing his pancake making outfit?
you're right...the ladies do squeal when i'm in my pancake making attire! :pancake: :pancake: (from what i can remember... :thwap: )

ww

just strum
May 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
you're right...the ladies do squeal when i'm in my pancake making attire! :pancake: :pancake: (from what i can remember... :thwap: )

ww

You're doing better than me, I can't remember that far back and don't forget I'm the same age as Kris:D

Rabies
May 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Man, I'm so jealous. Seriously. I'm a huge Radiohead geek. Currently listening to the 'Hail to the Thief' album...though lately I've really been stuck on, and studying 'In Rainbows'.

Radiohead, to me, is SO inventive. I know a lot of people probably don't get it...a lot of it is REALLY out there by most standards. Not your typical I - IV - V blues groove, or today's mainstream type of jive (not to say I don't dig the blues grooves...:master: ). But, wow...I loves me some Radiohead! :AOK:

R_of_G
May 8th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Radiohead, to me, is SO inventive. I know a lot of people probably don't get it...a lot of it is REALLY out there by most standards. Not your typical I - IV - V blues groove, or today's mainstream type of jive (not to say I don't dig the blues grooves...:master: ).

I agree Rabies, they are definitely a band comfortable with experimentation. I thik that is what always impresses me the most about seeing/hearing them live. For a band that has such a complex and textured studio sound, they have a remarkable ability to replicate much of their sound in their live performances. Watching them you see that this is not an easy feat to accomplish but when they are on they function like a well-oiled machine.

Definitely glad to know there are other RH geeks in this forum. They're a subject I could talk about for hours. :AOK: