PDA

View Full Version : How often do you eat junk food?

Robert
May 6th, 2008, 04:14 PM
By junk food, I mean fast food like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, Burger King, New York Fries, etc.

I eat junk food probably once a week. I run a lot, so I can justify eating this garbage once in a while! Plus, I love junk food after a hard workout.

ted s
May 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I guess the extent of my garbage intake would be potato or corn chips once in a while. When we eat out it's rarely fast food.
Do Delicio frozen pizza's count ?

sunvalleylaw
May 6th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Where we live, there are almost no junk food restaurants so I am once a month or less typically. I may eat fries once a month at a more family restaurant or bar so that might bring me up to twice a month.

Tone2TheBone
May 6th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Used to be every other day. Not anymore. Probably about once every other week? Do restaurants count? Probably not huh. If it's just limited to fast food yeah about once in a 2 week period. I have been trying to watch what I eat and I exercise more.

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
It's all junk food any more. Since the US Congress issued a statement in the 1920s that our soils are depleted nobody has replenished the soils. Foods are picked prior to maturation and since the growing environment is shy of trace elements they do not have the nutrients they should have.

I still try to eat foods of higher food value most of the time but if I slip I really don't worry about it because I use a great supplement and get all the micro-nutrients, amino's, and fiber that I need on a daily basis.

Bring on the burgers!

t_ross33
May 6th, 2008, 04:39 PM
More than I should, but with busy schedules and Mrs. T on her feet all day every day all summer as a Food and Beverage Services Manager, the LAST thing she wants to do when she gets home is cook :D

While I'm fairly healthy (could afford to shed a pound or two) and work keeps me active, I do have lots of family health history issues that do concern me, so I should be more vigilant than I am.

Just too damn easy to purchase/prepare/consume crap and our systems have gotten so hooked on sugar, processed carbs and fat...

I'll step off the soapbox now :munch:and get back to what I do best :beer:

Trev

pes_laul
May 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
more than I should. Hanging out with friends after school alot, it's just so easy to stop by the local resteraunt

luvmyshiner
May 6th, 2008, 04:48 PM
We eat out twice a week, usually on Monday and Friday for lunch. We have our favorite restaurants that we always hit, Ninfa's on Monday and a locally owned mexican food restaurant called Lollita's on Friday. Occasionally we'll hit a fast food place, but normally less than once or twice a month. When CB's out of town (which is often), I'm a big fan of the dry turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. We rarely eat out in the evenings unless one of the kids is in town, then we always make sure we hit one of their favorite places.

Childbride
May 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
[sigh] we try to be really careful about diet and exercise, and most of the time, i'm pretty proud of myself. :D

but darned it, mexican food is a complete weakness for me. :( :)

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
When I travel I tend to eat on the go - that is when I find the highest level of intake.

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 05:56 PM
...I use a great supplement and get all the micro-nutrients, amino's, and fiber that I need on a daily basis.

Bring on the burgers!

read: I sit on the toilet a lot.:D

Guitar Gal
May 6th, 2008, 07:02 PM
I rarely eat at fast food places. I avoid them as much as I can. Can't remember the last time I had a burger and fries at a fast food place.

I do have my weaknesses for pizza, Mexican food, and pop corn though......some things are just sacred :master:

GG

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
It's all junk food any more. Since the US Congress issued a statement in the 1920s that our soils are depleted nobody has replenished the soils. Foods are picked prior to maturation and since the growing environment is shy of trace elements they do not have the nutrients they should have.

Is there any way out of this save for a population collapse?

Better the soil than us, I guess.

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 09:19 PM
read: I sit on the toilet a lot.:D

Nope but nice try. Adequate fiber makes that whole experience quick and pleasant.

Jipes
May 7th, 2008, 03:55 AM
By junk food, I mean fast food like McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, Burger King, New York Fries, etc.

I eat junk food probably once a week. I run a lot, so I can justify eating this garbage once in a while! Plus, I love junk food after a hard workout.

I'm on diet since three months so no junk food allowed here :D I lost 6kgs and started slowly to run again :rotflmao:

Bloozcat
May 7th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Over the years I've pretty well weaned myself off the junk food. You reach a point where you either quit it, or it'll make you wish you had....:eek:

I'll still get a craving every once in a while for a nice, sloppy, fast food hamburger and some fries, but that's not very often. Since my wife and I both like to cook, we usually eat better than that. When we do go out for dinner, it's almost always to a good, or at least decent, restaurant (traveling sometimes causes an exception to that rule).

marnold
May 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM
That's one nice thing about not having two nickels to rub together. I can't really justify getting fast food with any regularity. There's only a BK in town, nothing else. After a little while, that begins to hang out.