PDA

View Full Version : How old are you?

Robert
May 6th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Just want to get it confirmed that we are mostly old farts here!

ted s
May 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
You haven't broke through the 40 yet Rob, does that mean you're just a fart ?:rotflmao:

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
coming up on 46 in a couple of months :eek:

Childbride
May 6th, 2008, 05:13 PM
1.5 years shy of one of those painful milestone thingies...:( ;)

Robert
May 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
You haven't broke through the 40 yet Rob, does that mean you're just a fart ?:rotflmao:

Darn right you are!

Spudman
May 6th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Looks like I'm in the largest demographic too. What should I color my hair with?

piebaldpython
May 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
1.63 Yrs past One Of Those Milestone Thingees!!
51 And Counting!!!

pes_laul
May 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
well I think I am the youngest one hear turned 14 like a week ago.

luvmyshiner
May 6th, 2008, 05:34 PM
17.:beer: :beer:

CB was a member of an obscure west Texas polygamist cult when she married me that allowed women to marry young boys. Sniff . . . I feel so violated.:cry:

player
May 6th, 2008, 05:42 PM

CB was a member of an obscure west Texas polygamist cult when she married me that allowed women to marry young boys. Sniff . . . I feel so violated.:cry:

OMG shiner(but you love it and her):rotflmao: Nov. 1952 here been with AARP a few years but can still jam.:dude: ah huh

Childbride
May 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM

ummm... honey... about that. ;)

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 05:44 PM
1.5 years shy of one of those painful milestone thingies...:( ;)

58.5???? Where does the nick name Child Bride come from. Unless Shiner is 86.

As for me, I'm 14 and go to school with Kris.

aeolian
May 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'm one year away from entering territory uncharted by Fret Netters.

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I'm one year away from entering territory uncharted by Fret Netters.

When that time it arrives - Happy 5th Birth Day

Algonquin
May 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Looks like I'm in the largest demographic too. What should I color my hair with?

You still have hair! :reallymad:

Lucky Bugger :cry:

t_ross33
May 6th, 2008, 06:37 PM

Kris was my lab partner until he stole my girlfriend... well I wanted her to be my girlfriend, but she didn't know that... anyway once she found out what a great guitar player Kris was she started following him around, so I tried to learn guitar too so I could impress her, but she didn't like my Don Rich, Roy Nichols and Luther Perkins impressions... :thwap:

Oops... just gave it away there didn't I ;)

Guitar Gal
May 6th, 2008, 06:52 PM
What exactly IS an "old fart" :confused:

Does everyone start off as "young farts" and then turn into "old farts"? When, how does this happen?

Is there a heirarchy of farts......"baby farts", "junior farts", "adolescent farts", "young adult farts", and then "old farts"?

Are "old farts" the highest level of fartdom? Have I reached my plateau? Is there a fart nirvana?

:bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Ahhhhh.......I think the answers to my questions lie within.....:whatever:

Looks like I am part of the largest demographic in the voting so far.....

GG

bigoldron
May 6th, 2008, 06:52 PM

I go along with Algonquin, "what hair?" I'm not bald yet, but it's a whole lot thinner than it used to be. And it's DEFINITELY a lot grayer.

I'm glad we've got some kids like Kris who can actually communicate in an intelligent manner. Makes me feel good about our future. The former forum that a lot of us 'Burn fans came from is being overrun with kids who think they're on MySpace.

As for the age thingie, 47 in July! If I could find a few guys around here who'd be willing to play, I'd like to start a band called the "Grumpy Old Farts". We'd play Southern, Classic and whatever other kinds we wanted. If we felt like it. Or if we could remember what it was we're supposed to play... :confused:

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 07:00 PM
They used to lie within, but have since been expressed ;).

I'm sure there is a fart-free period somewhere in there, but it doesn't last long.

I'm 47.

street music
May 6th, 2008, 07:07 PM
Robert, I think that I'm old enough to still have a rockin good time at the age of 52 going on 53. So what if I don't have trouble farting at will (sometimes without warnings). I feel young everytime I hear some great upbeat classic rock and I can still handle myself without the need of 24 hour healthcare. I'm learning to play guitar, able to get up in the morning and go to work or just sit in the morning air and pick on the strings, still keep the wife half-way happy.

Childbride
May 6th, 2008, 07:11 PM

speaking of which, mr. 14, you have your 15th birfday coming up pretty darned soon. dang, 6 more years [after that] until you're legal in texas. better delay that Marathon Battery trip... :rotflmao:

luvmyshiner
May 6th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Oh dude, where do I start.:beer:

When that time it arrives - Happy 5th Birth Day

Strum, I think there's only three people on the forum who passed that age emotionally, and you and I ain't on the short list brother.:D

What exactly IS an "old fart" :confused:

Does everyone start off as "young farts" and then turn into "old farts"? When, how does this happen?

Is there a heirarchy of farts......"baby farts", "junior farts", "adolescent farts", "young adult farts", and then "old farts"?

Are "old farts" the highest level of fartdom? Have I reached my plateau? Is there a fart nirvana?

:bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Looks like I am part of the largest demographic in the voting so far.....

GG

Heh, heh . . . GG . . . you said fart!:bravo:

As for the age thingie, 47 in July! If I could find a few guys around here who'd be willing to play, I'd like to start a band called the "Grumpy Old Farts".

Heh, heh . . bigoldron . . . you said fart too!:bravo: And I'll be 47 in July too. Um . . . that is if I wasn't 14 when CB married me.:D

So what if I don't have trouble farting at will (sometimes without warnings).

Snicker . . . snarf . . . my inner five year old is very happy right now.:AOK:

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 07:40 PM
my birthday is in july too....but i'll only be 46....

oh yeah and i can't believe gg said fart!! :bootyshake: :poke:

ww :greenguitar:

Childbride
May 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
[snicker... snarf snarf]

i was born in 69.

i love saying that.

:D :D :D

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 07:42 PM
i was born in 69.

i love saying that.
oh boy....that's signature material right there boys!! :poke: :pancake:

ww

just strum
May 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I go along with Algonquin, "what hair?" I'm not bald yet, but it's a whole lot thinner than it used to be. And it's DEFINITELY a lot grayer.

It's historical remnants and repeat after me - I'm bald and proud!!!

I know what you're thinking, how does a 14 year old kid become bald so early? Well, simple - I shave my head so I look older.

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2008, 07:47 PM
[snicker... snarf snarf]

i was born in 69.

Jeez, I didn't know that could make someone pregnant...I'm very, very worried.:eek:

Childbride
May 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Jeez, I didn't know that could make someone pregnant...I'm very, very worried.:eek:
:rotflmao:

Justaguyin_nc
May 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Just want to get it confirmed that we are mostly old farts here!

Fart :thwap:

M29
May 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Man it is starting to smell funny around here. Must be them fret farts.

M29

sumitomo
May 6th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Man I,m a classic 1957,and your only an old fart if ya see dust,as for me you better run for fresh air cause its purple haze.Sumi :D :dude: :bootyshake:

tjcurtin1
May 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I'm 54 - that is, I think I am, if I remember correctly.....

Ha ha - I see I'm in the up-and-coming demographic! Watch out you 40-49 youngsters!

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm 54
hey you are the same age as my truck...a good year! :bravo:

ww

Tone2TheBone
May 6th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Youngsters? OH THANK YOU TJC! I'm 44 and I got tons of hair...cept it's grey but who cares I don't have to wear caps on purpose!

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Youngsters? OH THANK YOU TJC! I'm 44 and I got tons of hair...cept it's grey but who cares I don't have to wear caps on purpose!
yep same here....quantity of hair is not the issue....i've been grey for years though....guess that's what happens when you start your own business and become a stay at home dad at the same time (11 years ago)....been thinking about growing it out long one more time before i really get old....

ww

sunvalleylaw
May 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
45'er from late '62. Attended the Seattle edition of the World's Fair in vitro when my Mom worked there. Where were you in '62 baby!

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Where were you in '62 baby!
well i started in virginia (in vitro) but my parents moved to florida before i was born....so i am a florida native! :pancake:

ww

sunvalleylaw
May 6th, 2008, 09:35 PM
So you have 46 coming up as well. I just looked but didn't find it. When?

warren0728
May 6th, 2008, 09:42 PM
So you have 46 coming up as well. I just looked but didn't find it. When?
if i tell it will happen! july 28th is the day....should probably put it in my profile....that way all the 20 year old girls on the forum will quit hitting on me!! :pancake: :rotflmao:

ww

bigoldron
May 6th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Is it me, or is there starting to be a really noxious green cloud floating around here? :puke: If only I could get somebody to pull my finger... :tongue:

player
May 6th, 2008, 10:41 PM
[snicker... snarf snarf]

i was born in 69.

i love saying that.

Went to The Concert of the decade that year.I love saying that.brings back fond memories :D

Kazz
May 7th, 2008, 03:33 AM
39 up until September 2nd....

PAPPY
May 7th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I had a birthday about two weeks ago and someone asked me how old I was but I've been thirty nine so long I couldn't remember how old I really am. All I know is that I'm older than most dirt and you can't be clasified as old until you reach senior citizen age and I passed that a ways back. It's not years that make you old, it's the miles that you put on your body that make you old and I've put on so many of them they named me after them but I still have a few more left to go and am enjoying each and every one of them, heck if I'd known I was gonna live this long I'd a took better care of me when I was young (40-59) Old enough to relate to Tom T. when he talked about old dogs and children and watermellon wine.

P.J.MILES
aka
PAPPY

Katastrophe
May 7th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Is there a fart nirvana?
GG

Yes, there is, but it's a very lonely place.:D

I just celebrated the 15th anniversary of my 21st birthday in February.:AOK:

Bloozcat
May 7th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Well, at the age of 55, I can honestly say that I've lived through the whole Rock & Roll era...

I have no direct recollections of Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, and The Big Bopper at the height of their popularity, but I was around none-the-less. I'm sure I heard them, and maybe even rocked my playpen to their music, but I don't remember it specifically. Besides, with my parents it was more likely that I was listening to Harry James, Benny Goodman, Glen Miller, Tommy Dorsey (my father's favorite), Duke Ellington, and several others when I wasn't listening to jazz or classical.

The Fender Broadcaster/Telecaster still has a few years on me, but I'm a year older than my favorite, the Stratocaster. Tube amplification isn't just an old technology that I've read about and use today as a better, older form of guitar amplification. It was the technology that powered our TV's and radios when I was a toddler. I remember when every store that had a hardware department, also had one of those big tube testers the size of a pinball machine, and underneath a cabinet full of future NOS tubes fresh from the factory.

But, before the inevitable questions arise, I want to make a couple of things clear. I didn't walk to school 10-miles each way, in the snow, uphill both ways. Nor did I do my homework by candlelight, milk the cows by hand at 4:00am, or ride to town on Saturdays in a horse drawn carriage. Oh, and we did know that the world was not flat and that the moon was not made of green cheese..;)

It's kind of cool to have lived through a musical era from it's inception to the present...although it ain't so cool to have to get old right along with the first of that music. But, since no one else gets out of the whole aging thing either, it's been, and remains, a good time to be alive. :AOK:

Spudman
May 7th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Guitar Gal
Is there a fart nirvana?
GG

Yes, there is, but it's a very lonely place.:D

This is classic.:rotflmao:

R_of_G
May 7th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I will be 38 in August

Ro3b
May 7th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I'm 43. Aging like fine cheese.

sumitomo
May 7th, 2008, 08:26 AM
AH HA thats it they call us old farts because as we get older we smell like limbuger cheese. Sumi :D

marnold
May 7th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I'm 206.

OK, so I'm 40. I just feel 206.

Spudman
May 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Looking at the poll results it appears we are mostly middle aged. Phew! I was beginning to worry. We still got along time left.

Bloozcat
May 7th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Well, from some of the posts I've seen here, I'm a little relieved. I still have all of my hair, and it's still mostly dark. Just some gray around the edges for that distinguished look...:rotflmao:

Kodiak3D
May 8th, 2008, 04:38 AM
I'm 31.

Odd to see no one in their twenties on here so far.

Brian Krashpad
May 8th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Just made it in the 40-49 group.

50 next week.

M29
May 8th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I posted this picture back when I first jointed TheFret.Net. It is from a past Readers Digest magazine that some of the newer members may not have seen. What a gas...ooops, I mean a laugh :rockon:

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/oldrock2.jpg

M29

Bloozcat
May 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
That's a great picture. M29. I've got that one "saved" too. I love the look on the daughter's face coming down the stairs...:D

bigoldron
May 8th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I posted this picture back when I first jointed TheFret.Net. It is from a past Readers Digest magazine that some of the newer members may not have seen. What a gas...ooops, I mean a laugh :rockon:

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/oldrock2.jpg

M29

Hey! That's my group, The Grumpy Old Farts!!!

Don't you just love the look of disgust on the young girls face? Having a 17 year old daughter really makes that hit home! :D

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I'm 31.

Odd to see no one in their twenties on here so far.

You know why don't you? That's cause all the 20 year olds are out living real lives away from their computers! :D

just strum
May 8th, 2008, 10:53 AM
You know why don't you? That's cause all the 20 year olds are out living real lives away from their computers! :D

Tone, I was thinking about that yesterday - people in their 20's have lives.

But hey, we can be just as immature as them, so who cares.

sunvalleylaw
May 8th, 2008, 11:14 AM

Don't you just love the look of disgust on the young girls face? Having a 17 year old daughter really makes that hit home! :D

That is classic!!! :AOK: :rockon:

Tim
May 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM

Isn't that the Via*ra Band? I saw them on television.

Robert
May 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Isn't that the Via*ra Band? I saw them on television.

Did you put in an order, Tim? :D

hubberjub
May 8th, 2008, 02:45 PM
A young 29 here.

Robert
May 8th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Finally, a 20-something!

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Barely.

sumitomo
May 8th, 2008, 03:26 PM
You see Im really 15,because Im from venusa,that equals to 51 earth years.Well that is what Jack Nicholson told me anyway.Sumi:D

Spudman
May 8th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Finally, a 20-something!

But he's been in his 20s for the last 15 years.:D

just strum
May 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
A young 29 here.

Yep, and so are about 50% of us here at the fret.

luvmyshiner
May 8th, 2008, 04:31 PM
A young 29 here.

Young punk.:poke:

hubberjub
May 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
But he's been in his 20s for the last 15 years.:D

I can verify it if need be. My hairline is starting to make me question my age too. :thwap:

tjcurtin1
May 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM
well i started in virginia (in vitro) but my parents moved to florida before i was born....so i am a florida native! :pancake:

ww

Wow, Warren! You and Sunvalley are cutting edge old! You were both test-tube (in vitro) babies?!?!?:poke:

tot_Ou_tard
May 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Well, from some of the posts I've seen here, I'm a little relieved. I still have all of my hair, and it's still mostly dark. Just some gray around the edges for that distinguished look...:rotflmao:
Oh, I thought that was a MONKEY with that shotgun in your avatar ;).

warren0728
May 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Wow, Warren! You and Sunvalley are cutting edge old! You were both test-tube (in vitro) babies?!?!?:poke:
oops....guess it was "in utero" instead :thwap: or is that "in da tummy-o" :D

ww

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2008, 07:04 AM
Well, my Mom worked on a NASA project at Boeing at the time. Maybe I was in a test tube? ;-)

duhvoodooman
May 9th, 2008, 07:54 AM
[snicker... snarf snarf]

i was born in 69.

i love saying that.
You've shattered any pretense of personal sophistication & refinement in this thread, CB! :nono: ;) :rotflmao:

That said, I graduated from HS in '69. Yes, that's right--I'm a member of the "Class of '69"! I love saying that! :D

Turned 57 in Feb.

Gil Janus
May 10th, 2008, 12:17 PM
63+ :rotflmao:

Hey, all you young punks - get off my lawn - do I have to come out there and kick your butts :crazyguy:

Gil :cool:

just strum
May 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
63+ :rotflmao:

Hey, all you young punks - get off my lawn - do I have to come out there and kick your butts :crazyguy:

Gil :cool:

If our guitars land in your yard, you are probably the grump that keeps them:D

Maybe that's where spud got all those guitars.:rockon:

Mr Grumpy
May 10th, 2008, 12:25 PM

Sprinter
May 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm 42

Sprinter

Blaze
May 13th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Turning 50 june the first

Blazes:dude:

Bloozcat
May 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Oh, I thought that was a MONKEY with that shotgun in your avatar ;).

Quite all right tot...a common misconception...;)

TS808
May 13th, 2008, 06:25 PM
I'm 47 going on 12.

bigoldron
May 14th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I'm 47 going on 12.

Aren't we all - going on 12 that is? :dude: