PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy: Vintage wound Tele bridge pickup

Tone2TheBone
May 7th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Anyone have a vintage wound Telecaster bridge pickup they'd like to sell? Maybe some of you swapped out your stock pup for a hot wound new one or something. Already got the hot wound sound...I now want the traditional Tele bridge twang. Any sitting in your parts boxes out there in internet land?

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Nevermind. I just lowered the pickup quite a bit and the twang jumped up and bit me.

SuperSwede
May 8th, 2008, 11:20 AM
The stock pups on your muddy tele sounds good enough for my ears! You really dont need to replace them :R

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2008, 11:44 AM
The stock pups on your muddy tele sounds good enough for my ears! You really dont need to replace them :R

Well I think the problem with the bridge pup was that it was a little too close to the strings. It was almost humbucker like in tone and output. I backed the bridge pickup way off last night and now it sounds like a Tele. Open airy and twangy. You're right I don't need to replace the bridge.

SuperSwede
May 8th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Does the muddy neck pup have a filter capacitor (or whatever those are called) ?

I really dig teles without those, and I think you can remove them. Makes the neck pickup more airy and bright.

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I don't know dude. I've opened up the wiring cavity once but I didn't notice. I soldered a cap to the volume pot for the treble bleed. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the neck pickup on my guitar it sounds wunnerful. Great lows and great highs. Bridge pickup lowered is now fine too.