PDA

View Full Version : Rats! Someone w/Paypal, outbid me, please!

Brian Krashpad
May 8th, 2008, 06:07 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130220198946

http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/eb/1d/3876_1.JPGhttp://i13.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/eb/1d/3c1e_1.JPG

Dammit, I bid on this and then noticed I need stupid Paypal to pay for the thing. It's a cool cheapo Strat with GFS P-90's and also comes with the original scratchplate with a single bridgebucker. So it's a good deal. The SX P-90 Strats over at Rondo are $109, don't come with GFS P-90's or CTS pots, and don't come with the pre-wired additional humbucker pickguard.

I do not want to run this through Visa/Paypal as it would alert Mrs. K, even if after the fact, plus I don't even know how to use paypal and it'd be a pain in the a**.

Somebody outbid me by a dollar! $102 and it's yours!

Thx kbye

warren0728
May 8th, 2008, 08:33 AM
i think you can retract your bid.....but i might be wrong....or do you want someone to win the bid and then sell it to you (so the misses doesn't get in the loop)?

ww

Brian Krashpad
May 8th, 2008, 10:26 AM
i think you can retract your bid.....but i might be wrong....or do you want someone to win the bid and then sell it to you (so the misses doesn't get in the loop)?

ww

My concern about bid retraction is that I think it shows up in your bid history, and some sellers may bar people with retractions from bidding on their items. I wanna keep my bid history as clean as possible.

Someone over at Harmony-Central has offered to buy the guitar on their paypal and have it delivered to me instead of him, and I will send him a money order (along with a small thank-you present), if I don't get outbid. But it'd actually be simpler if I just get outbid and that way don't have to involve any third parties.

There's still a few days, so hopefully someone besides me will take a liking to it. If not, my bud over at H-C has got my back, and even if that weren't to happen, I can still bite the bullet and buy it with paypal. I have the cash on hand, but we've had some unexpected houshold repairs crop up lately and the timing is just kinda wrong for me to be buying a guitar, even a cheapie and even with my 50th birthday coming up next week.

Tone2TheBone
May 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Can't you just send a message to the seller and ask if you can send him a money order if you win? I'm sure he might be willing to do that.

Brian Krashpad
May 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Can't you just send a message to the seller and ask if you can send him a money order if you win? I'm sure he might be willing to do that.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Then he could avoid Paypal fees as well.

That was the first thing I tried. He refused. :whatever:

just strum
May 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Current bid is $99, did you manage to get out?

Algonquin
May 8th, 2008, 10:51 AM
You could always get a speeding ticket to redirect wifeys attention from the PayPal bill... :D

Just thinking out loud here Krash.

Brian Krashpad
May 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Current bid is $99, did you manage to get out?

No that's me. That was their minimum bid. I put in $101.01 as my maximum, so someone else will have to bid something higher than $101.01 to outbid me.

Like I said, a bud from H-C is providing cover for me if I don't get outbid, which is very kind of him.

Brian Krashpad
May 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
You could always get a speeding ticket to redirect wifeys attention from the PayPal bill... :D

Just thinking out loud here Krash.

Haha, man y'all got a memory like an elephant!

Brian Krashpad
May 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Well looks like I'll be getting this after all. An online bud of mine agreed to outbid me by a dollar and redirect the guitar back to me.

Will send him a money order and thank-you present.

bigoldron
May 12th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Well looks like I'll be getting this after all. An online bud of mine agreed to outbid me by a dollar and redirect the guitar back to me.

Will send him a money order and thank-you present.

What better birthday present to yourself than a new ax?! Enjoy it, BK! :rockon: