PDA

View Full Version : Fender G-Dec

tehuti
October 20th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Well someone had to do it! I know there are legions of people who have or are considering this cool practice amp. So I figured they needed a place to congregate on this site.

EscalonJon
October 20th, 2005, 03:48 PM
I've been wondering about them. I'm thinking about buying one as a gift, and maybe one for myself. Tell us more...

tehuti
November 4th, 2005, 03:49 PM
To me the G-Dec is ideal as a practice amp. There are plenty of detractors out there who complain about the different effects not being very good, or the backing tracks. But I have yet to see anything else as versatile for a practice amp. We're not talking about gigging with the thing. Could it sound better? Sure. Is it good enough for practice? Absolutely. Throw in the tuner, effects, backing tracks, phrase sampler and inputs for CD and to me it's a no brainer.

Justaguyin_nc
November 6th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I just found out that Band-In-A-Box or any program with midi out can output the Midi's to this little practice amp making backing tracks unlimited with all the midi's out there, Although you cannot store the midis to it so you would be tied to the computer. Now I am wondering how good do midi files sound playing through a G-Dec? I have converted some band in the box to CD and enjoyed those as backings.. have you used it in such a way Tehuti? The G-Dec Demo sounds pretty good and yes as a practice amp, not a high end gigging amp. Read numerous posts about hissing and noise being a downfall, this true?