PDA

View Full Version : Mary Long

Spudman
May 9th, 2008, 12:08 PM
This is a Deep Purple cover from "Who Do We Think We Are."

The first time I performed this was for a high school assembly. I think I was a Sophomore. Needless to say as soon as I was done the principal wanted to have a word with me.

http://www.box.net/shared/9jqlu2coog

I just threw this together this morning.

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
I can just see you givin' the assembly some rocking licks and killer guitar face! Too bad there is no vid. I bet it was hilarious watching the teachers' reactions.

Rawk on Bro! Killer effort again! :AOK:

Spudman
May 9th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I can just see you givin' the assembly some rocking licks and killer guitar face! Too bad there is no vid. I bet it was hilarious watching the teachers' reactions.

Rawk on Bro! Killer effort again! :AOK:

I could definitely see the agitation going around the room among the adults. I'll never forget the grimace on the principles face either. If I would have had shoes on I would have started running.

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2008, 02:16 PM
What, you were playing barefoot too? Or did you have clogs on? ;-) The mental pic of the young you running with a guitar in hand makes it even better. Kind of like Tony Alva running from the cops, skateboard in hand, busting the Dogtown boys at a drained pool in Malibu. :D

SuperSwede
May 9th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Awesome! You need to do this track on your roadstar you know :)

Backing track available from Spudmaster Records in a not too distant future?

Spudman
May 9th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Backing track available from Spudmaster Records in a not too distant future?

I didn't think anyone would be interested. Ask and ye shall receive.

Tim
May 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I am interested in hearing about the "words" that the principle had with you later. How bad were the word? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

street music
May 11th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Spud, Can I ask " What do you do for a living"? Just curious , someone with so much talent shouldn't be wasting time around grade schools.

stingx
May 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hey Spud great track to cover, man! Love Purple and this is awesome :bravo:
I mentioned before that I like how well your mixes sound and this is no exception - very well done all 'round. Oh, btw I really enjoyed the track that follows, "medium15.mp3", too - love the guitar tone on this :AOK:

s-m-o-o-v-e :rockon:

Spudman
May 11th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Thanks stingaroo. I love Deep Purple. Good to know some other fretters do too.

M29
May 11th, 2008, 09:12 PM
That was great Spud:rockon: I love the tune too, backing track????:AOK:

M29

Spudman
May 11th, 2008, 09:25 PM
That was great Spud:rockon: I love the tune too, backing track????:AOK:

M29

Yup. It's posted if you want to mess with it.

FrankAxtell
May 12th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Great stuff...I'm Deep Purple fan myself. Thanks for sharing.