PDA

View Full Version : Bela Lugosi: Best actor ever!

SuperSwede
May 9th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Watch and enjoy!

IVPxAgy7lBA

Tone2TheBone
May 10th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Agreed. This is one of my favorite films and we love watching it every Halloween. I think both actors in this particular scene really broke their legs that evening. Bravo Bela and Edward.

Kazz
May 10th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I love Bela and Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney Jr. All of those Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy and Wolfman movies were awesome.....I also loved the ones where they mixed the monsters with Abbot and Costello

Brian Krashpad
May 12th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I love Bela and Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney Jr. All of those Dracula, Frankenstein, Mummy and Wolfman movies were awesome.....I also loved the ones where they mixed the monsters with Abbot and Costello

Iirc we have that'un on videotape, the kids love it.

Re Lugosi's acting, I was REALLY hoping the clip would be from "Plan 9 From Outer Space."

:D

SuperSwede
May 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
This is another great Bela Lugosi clip.. but I havent actually seen this movie. I must try to find it !

0cE1fzfOogo

Robert
May 13th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I love Karloff and especially Lugosi too. I have always been a fan of this type of movies too! :AOK:
Good find, SuperSwede. Thankski.

thearabianmage
May 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Iirc we have that'un on videotape, the kids love it.

Re Lugosi's acting, I was REALLY hoping the clip would be from "Plan 9 From Outer Space."

:D
Plan 9 From Outer Space! HAHA! Mr. Ed Wood at his tranny best/worst, depending on how you look at it. To be honest though, I prefer Plan 9 to most the cack coming out today!

Brian Krashpad
May 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Plan 9 From Outer Space! HAHA! Mr. Ed Wood at his tranny best/worst, depending on how you look at it. To be honest though, I prefer Plan 9 to most the cack coming out today!

Iirc Lugosi was also in "Glen or Glenda?"

markb
May 13th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Well, you asked for it...

2HqQuYUeGEw

sunvalleylaw
May 13th, 2008, 05:09 PM
LOL! I remember watching some of the black and white sci-fi stuff on Saturday or Sunday afternoons once in a while when my Mom would let me get away with it. There must be a cable station that has all that old stuff on it.

Brian Krashpad
May 14th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Well, you asked for it...

2HqQuYUeGEw

Haha, I love how in half of that trailer, the Bela character was a head taller than Bela.

He died during production so every time you see long shot of the guy with the cape covering his face, it's probably a stand-in.

Oh, and don't do heroin kids.

markb
May 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Haha, I love how in half of that trailer, the Bela character was a head taller than Bela.

He died during production so every time you see long shot of the guy with the cape covering his face, it's probably a stand-in.

Oh, and don't do heroin kids.

The stand in was Ed Wood's wife's chiropractor who had no acting experience but worked cheap. Truly great movie making :bravo:

Spudman
May 14th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I don't know....I'm scared now. :o :(

Tig
April 30th, 2011, 01:05 PM
The stand in was Ed Wood's wife's chiropractor who had no acting experience but worked cheap. Truly great movie making :bravo:

Best. Movie. Evarrr!