PDA

View Full Version : Gibson ES-335 Dot Reissue & Trademark TM30 amp

elavd
May 10th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I've just uploaded to YouTube a video of me playing various styles on my Gibson ES-335 (Dot Reissue) through my Tech 21 Trademark 30 amp in all 3 available amp simulations (Fender, Marshall, Mesa Boogie).

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f283/elavd/ES335/gibby_01.jpg

As I did with this clip (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=6896) of mine, during the video recording, I was simultanuously recording my playing on SONAR. I later used the audio track that I had recorded as an overdub on the video file for better audio quality.

On this clip you can hear the sound without any effect.

I used some VST effects (delay, reverb) in some points in order to enhance the sound....

I'd like to hear your opinions about this video ;)

dWqNwUu8rRU

PS: Please ignore the last part of the video. It's meant to be a joke for Greeks (this awful sound that I am trying to recreate, is very often by folklore musicians in Greece :D )

SuperSwede
May 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM
A mighty fine sansamp tone Elias! Cheers for your tech 21 tone and your excellent playing! :)

Algonquin
May 10th, 2008, 02:46 PM
The sound quality you're getting by separately recording the audio, then syncing up with the video is outstanding. :bravo:

Man that's a beautiful guitar Elias!

Cheers :beer:
David

elavd
May 10th, 2008, 02:48 PM
The sound quality you're getting by separately recording the audio, then syncing up with the video is outstanding. :bravo:

Man that's a beautiful guitar Elias!

Thanks David!

I am glad that you liked it ;) :D

helliott
May 10th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Great sound and playing! Wish I had an amp that gave that sort of tonal variety but kept the quality. Nicely done. I think the Gary Moore bit was my favourite. I like the tone of my Epi Sheraton, but it pales compared to that beauty.

marnold
May 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I don't know what I'm impressed with more: your playing, the guitar, or the amp!

warren0728
May 10th, 2008, 05:08 PM
man you coaxed a lot of great sounds out of that guitar (what a beauty by the way) and your playing is great too!! :bravo:

ww

elavd
May 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Thank you guys SO MUCH!!!

sunvalleylaw
May 10th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Man, that was just great! Great tones, playing, the whole package.

P.S., my guitar instructor just assigned the Tom Petty "Mary Jane" piece to me so it is nice to see you perform a bit of it. :)

warren0728
May 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM
that's a great tom petty tune...but then i like most everything tom petty did....

ww

just strum
May 10th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Those ES335 are such a sweet sounding guitar and you do a very nice job of getting the best out of it.

street music
May 11th, 2008, 12:15 PM
elavd, I love the sound of the 335 that is my dream guitar, that I probally will never own.

FrankAxtell
May 12th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I own the same guitar... you've got a good tone and I really enjoyed your blues ideas. :bravo:

elavd
May 14th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Thank you guys!!!

Last week was almost ready to order a Bare Knuckle "Stormy Mondays" (http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZH-stormymonday.html) set, in order to replace my 335's Classic 57 pickups.

But, after watching over and over my clip (especially the blues part) I realized that my current pickups suit perfectly with my playing style !!!

So I'll keep them and save the 250€ that I was ready to spend... :)