PDA

View Full Version : Well alright!!

Mark
April 23rd, 2006, 09:50 PM
Well I went to Guitar Center by my home today and got my Vox AD50VT, seems Musicians friend sent my new EC Strat and wah without the amp. They havent really impressed me, took three days just to call me to verify that I even placed an order. Then only after I emailed them ask whats up.So my guitar will be here Thurs Mr FedX has it now. My Amp sits somewhere in Kansas city. So I called today to cancel it then went and bought this one today Id surely lose me marbles having a nice new Strat and no amp. I also got a Pick-up to stick in my Old Ovation acoustic so at least I can get to know this amp cause Id surely go nuts just lookin at it all week LOL. So far Im lovin it! Having been out of playing for twenty years this is like wakin up on a new planet! Im gonna be lovin this without a doubt!

One bit of heartbreak. Im at GC and looked at their vintage guitar collection and there sat a white Strat a 1974 for SIX THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS:eek: !!! I didnt know the old ones had appreciated that much, but the kicker is I owned the same year Strat same model but it was stolen in 79. I would guess thats a somewhat inflated price at GC but still I wish I had the old axe now. Thursday is the day Im waitin on now. Ill keep ya posted.

aeolian
April 24th, 2006, 09:55 AM
There is probably nothing worse than having a guitar stolen. I have a 75 Stratocaster hardtail that I bought from a guy back in 1976. He had only had it for 3 weeks. Being one of those CBS Fenders I never figured that it would be worth anything, in fact I saw them for under $1000 on eBay just last year. Now I see them pushing $2000. I like mine, so how much I can sell it for is kind of irrelevant, but I'm still surprised at what amount of money they are fetching. I have to say though that a 1974 is not worth $6500; but then we all talking about GC.

Mark
April 24th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Yea I figured GC would be out thereon the $$$$. Oh well not much you can do about yesterday. I was up way late last night just learning this Vox. I cant believe what I can get out of it and this is with my acoustic and twnety years of rust from not playin much. Come on Fedex!!!!

Spudman
April 24th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Big news Mark. I heard Fed Ex is going on strike Tuesday. Something about a contract dispute.

Got ya! I hope it comes in good shape and soon.

Mark
April 24th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Spud you be pullin my chain, but then a sick mind is a terrible thing to waste. LMAO!!!

Only AFTER comin up dry on a quick news search did I see your fine print. We get kinda touchy when good stuff be in the pipeline. LOL Your worse than me and Im a sick bastage for sure.

warren0728
April 24th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Big news Mark. I heard Fed Ex is going on strike Tuesday. Something about a contract dispute.
lol....wish i would of thought of that!

ww

Spudman
April 25th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I'm Irish so there must be some Imp or Leprechaun in my blood. I have a hard time resisting pranks. Pranks to me are like the Borg to a planet being invaded, "resistance is futile."

Tim
April 25th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Gentlemen, yesterday was April 24th. Not April 1st! But it still was a good one after all.