PDA

View Full Version : Behringer Pedals?

Rabies
May 11th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Anyone have any experience with them?

I've had one, the DR100 Reverb. Bought it when I had my Valve Jr so I could have some verb. It was I thought it was ok for what it was, and what I needed it for.

The reason I'm asking is because I've got my eye on the Behringer Echo Machine. I know a lot of people bash them, and I was just wanting a little feedback on other fretters' experience with Behringer pedals. So if you've got one or more and love them or hate them, let me know!

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/f202f441ebdba6b71f8b8e50dd84dd71.jpg

And, oh...I'll still end up getting the pedal even if everyone that responds in this thread says that Behringer makes turds. :AOK: :D

oldguy
May 11th, 2008, 08:52 AM
The only one I have is the DR100. Like you, I bought it for my V. Jr. for some depth. It's fine for that, and works great.
The only minus I'd give it is the red LED is so bright it's ridiculous, and when I first used it battery only (before I used a power supply), the battery was dead in two hours!

Rabies
May 11th, 2008, 09:01 AM
The only one I have is the DR100. Like you, I bought it for my V. Jr. for some depth. It's fine for that, and works great.
The only minus I'd give it is the red LED is so bright it's ridiculous, and when I first used it battery only (before I used a power supply), the battery was dead in two hours!

Man, you're not lying about that light! I remember I would have to put a finger over it so I could read which knobs I was tweaking. That led was massive bright! :D

I never used it with a battery. And I remember the controls were SO touchy. I used the modulated reverb the most, and it would take surgical precision to get just a touch of reverb. If you turned it up to what would amount to two or three on the dial, you would have just too much. :D

Spudman
May 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I too HAD the DR100 Reverb. Mine was very poor quality and I got rid of it.
I have the UT100 Tremolo and it seems to work all right.
I also have the PB100 Clean Boost which I love.
That's it for me for their pedals except for the Acoustic DI.

Otherwise you can tell I am a big fan of the Vamp Pro because all my clips are done through it.

Rabies
May 11th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I too HAD the DR100 Reverb. Mine was very poor quality and I got rid of it.
I have the UT100 Tremolo and it seems to work all right.
I also have the PB100 Clean Boost which I love.
That's it for me for their pedals except for the Acoustic DI.

Otherwise you can tell I am a big fan of the Vamp Pro because all my clips are done through it.

And all of your clips sound top notch! :AOK:

What did you not like about your DR100? I sold mine only because I sold my VJ and didn't really have a use for a stand alone reverb.

Spudman
May 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM
And all of your clips sound top notch! :AOK:

What did you not like about your DR100? I sold mine only because I sold my VJ and didn't really have a use for a stand alone reverb.

I couldn't get just a little verb. It was too much or not enough so the blend or output wasn't quite right and that damn led. It was like looking at the sun.
I just didn't think the quality of reverb was all that great and the ability to tailor it wasn't good enough for me.

marnold
May 11th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I love my Vintage Tube Overdrive TO800. I had a battery in it at first which lasted a long time. I went to a 1-Spot because the battery is a serious PITA to remove/replace. It's main purpose in life right now is to serve as an "11" switch to throw my AD30VT's UK70s model into convulsions. Twas dirt cheap too.

sunvalleylaw
May 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
I have the PB100 clean boost, and the TU100 tuner. Both work great. Given the cost of most pedal tuners, I think the TU100 is a great deal. It seems to be as accurate as anyone else's tuner I have been around. The clean boost is also a great deal for that matter.

warren0728
May 11th, 2008, 07:00 PM
i have a distortion modeler dm100....it's ok....i really don't use it very much ....has three modes....ds1, d+ and rat with controls for distortion, tone and level....does a decent job, especially for the money.

the battery is a pain in the as$ to change though!

ww

birv2
May 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I've got the OD100. My understanding is most of their pedals are Boss clones. The OD100 is supposedly a clone of the Boss OS-2.

Likes: 4th knob goes from overdrive to distortion and any mix in-between. Lots of gain there to be had and some nice sounds if you fiddle with it enough.

Dislikes: mine is very noisy, with lots of hiss.

Many people really like the Behringer pedals. The prices are good, and it's a good way to see how you like certain sounds without breaking the bank.

Some people really dislike the plastic construction. Since I don't really stomp hard on my pedals, it doesn't bother me.

Many of them get pretty good reviews over on Harmony Central. If you're interested in a particular one, check out the reviews there. If money isn't an issue, I'd recommend going with the Boss pedals, though.

Bob

t_ross33
May 11th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Had a few, only one currently in use is the EQ that I use for my acoustic. We also DI our bass player with a DI-20. No complaints. Used a One-Spot power adapter so the battery changing issue became moot. I've gigged with them with no issues. I like the Blues Overdrive quite a bit, but it's redundant with my Digitech GNX3K setup.

Good fun for the money, and as mentioned a reasonably inexpensive way to experiment with different effects. If I ever go "Pro", I'd likely shell out for the "Real Thing".

GREENMACHINE
May 12th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Hey Rabies,
I own the Behringer Hellbabe wah wah pedal, I think for the price they are really good, the wah wah pedal seems to be pretty solid and has the Q control mid, high and low range and also a fine tuning knob on it too. I really like it although I haven't had very much experience with other wah wah pedals or any other Behringer products but I like them and they are cheaper than some other brands.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

markb
May 12th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Hey Rabies,
I own the Behringer Hellbabe wah wah pedal, I think for the price they are really good, the wah wah pedal seems to be pretty solid and has the Q control mid, high and low range and also a fine tuning knob on it too. I really like it although I haven't had very much experience with other wah wah pedals or any other Behringer products but I like them and they are cheaper than some other brands.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

I'd be interested in the wah, they go pretty cheaply on Trademe. Is the case metal or plastic? It's really hard to tell from the pictures.

scgmhawk
May 12th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Figured I'd chime in. I have the Hellbabe Wah as well. Like Greenmachine, I don't have any experience with any other wahs but it does the job for me and it's built sturdy. It's plastic, by the way.

My son also has a Behringer modeling amp and I also have a V-Amp 2. I think the quality of their stuff is very good for the price.

Iago
May 16th, 2008, 08:49 PM
They're plastic Mark. But I still think that THAT kind of plastic is stronger than the E-H double muff's metal foil enclosure. Talk about thin!

I have the "tube overdrive" TO-100 purple pedal (its analog ss despite the name). I played with the green vintage overdrive, the blues overdrive and the OD400 (not sure about the code number, on the pedal its written only "overdrive" and its light blue).

The vint. overdrive is the most transparent of the bunch, but has a lot less gain. When its all the way up on gain it still doesn't reach 50% of the TO100. It's like adding a hair of sustain and grits. The TO100 is comparable to the Boss SD-1. It has a mid hump and more dirt than the vintage od, sounds somewhat plastic, compressed, specially when the gain is up, but nowhere near as solid state and cold as a Pastrami overdrive by Danelectro (hey let's talk about cheap stuff! hehee) The tone control doesn't go too extreme also, so not much tonal variation. The Blues Drive one is more of a distortion really. Close to the Boss Blues Driver, as the name suggests. Not my thing. Alters the tone too much. It is basically the TO-100 with more gain and bass.

the "Overdrive" is a newer pedal I think. The gain range is probably the same as the TO100 but it sounds maybe cleaner and more trasnparent? I played it in a store for 5 minutes thru a solid state Fender amp, can`t really tell.

so I can resume saying the TO100 is a nice pedal..for the price you pay, you just can`t expect a Barber, Lovetone (put your boutique brand here). Cool pedal for a boost, adding a bit more of smooth fatness and volume. I used live last year in many occasions.

musikerochan
June 2nd, 2008, 12:41 AM
the Behringer Nr100 is pretty annoying. plug in clean on reduction mode is ok. but when you engage it, there seems to be a fizzy sound coming out which gets disturbing. what gives? any solution?

i heard somwhere that using the send/return fucntion eliminates this. im no gear-god, so this presents an issue to me. im thinking of using this feature but not the send/return loop in the amp. presently these are my pedals and currrent set up:
Delay (stereo) > TO100 > NR100 (noise Reducer)
^
guitar > cs100 > GDI21 > OD100 > single looper > chorus > amp

im thinking of using the signal from the whole set up and loop into the send/return of the NR100. i dont know. some say it's best to place the NR100 at the start of the chain, some say at the end. any advise will help alot. thanks.

The Boss
June 3rd, 2008, 07:28 AM
I own a TU300, a DD100 and a TM300. I don't use the Tube Modeler anymore, it's far too noisy. The TU300 does a great job, but I'm not a fan of the overly-bright LED which seems to be a feature of most Behringer pedals. The DD100 is great for the price I paid ($49AUD). The plastic construction hasn't presented a problem for me, especially because I've only ever used them with a power supply so I haven't had to open it.

sunvalleylaw
June 3rd, 2008, 07:45 AM
I kind of like the "laser pointer" LED. LOL! I don't know anything about the NR100 though.

musikerochan
June 3rd, 2008, 09:19 PM
sheeesh, i still have faith in them btw, butfixing the fizz in the nr100 is my main concern right now. i have like 6 other behringer pedals, got no problems with them though. the only one that's giving me hard time is that noise reducer.

robert43
June 13th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Hi I dont mind them cheap to try diffrent pedals with out a great lot of $ but I thing I dont like about them is the 9 volts jack on the side. I bought a dasiy chain for the pedals on the 9 volt & you have to put the pedals so close together to use the dasiy chain. In the end I bought a dasiy chain that had longer leads

sunvalleylaw
June 13th, 2008, 07:18 AM
If I did not already have the pedals/effects DVM is selling in the "For Sale" section, I would jump at his offer to buy three for $55 shipped in the US. A decent starter kit for someone.

duhvoodooman
June 13th, 2008, 07:26 AM
If I did not already have the pedals/effects DVM is selling in the "For Sale" section, I would jump at his offer to buy three for $55 shipped in the US. A decent starter kit for someone.
Now here is a man of wisdom, vision and insight! Heed his sage words, fellow Fretters! The man's an ATTORNEY, for heaven's sake! Consider this free legal advice!! ;) :D

emptysea
July 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I would definitely consider them the next time I'm looking for a pedal since they're so cheap.

Anyone have any experience with them?

I've had one, the DR100 Reverb. Bought it when I had my Valve Jr so I could have some verb. It was I thought it was ok for what it was, and what I needed it for.

The reason I'm asking is because I've got my eye on the Behringer Echo Machine. I know a lot of people bash them, and I was just wanting a little feedback on other fretters' experience with Behringer pedals. So if you've got one or more and love them or hate them, let me know!

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/f202f441ebdba6b71f8b8e50dd84dd71.jpg

And, oh...I'll still end up getting the pedal even if everyone that responds in this thread says that Behringer makes turds. :AOK: :D

musikerochan
July 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM
i figured that the fizz i get from the NR100 was due o my stupidity :D i tried using it at the end and realized it was not a noise gate BUT a noise reducer. also, using batteries nearing total drain adds to the injury. i use a PSU. solved.:rockon:

Rocket
July 29th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I would definitely consider them the next time I'm looking for a pedal since they're so cheap.
There are few things worse than a closet full of orphaned pedals that don't deliver the right effect... but were too inexpensive to pass up, (I know!)
If only there were a trading post where one could twofer them on Boss'.

king_petrucci
August 9th, 2008, 03:00 AM
i have 3 stomps and the hell babe wah. The phaser is pretty good but the acoustic modeler and super metal are pretty ordinary. I enjoyed them more before i really got into my boss pedals which show you get what you pay for.

The power jack being on the side is a pain as mentioned. Makes for a messy pedal board