PDA

View Full Version : Cocaine

stingx
May 11th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Here's a cover of Clapton's Cocaine with my friend Bob Morrison on vocals. I supplied the guitars and the mixing.

http://www.box.net/shared/b17gnzx8g4

warren0728
May 11th, 2008, 11:42 AM
nice job...was there a backing track involved or did you provide the rhythm guitar as well as the leads?

ww

street music
May 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Yes, nice job on a favorite.

SuperSwede
May 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Pete that was great.. I really like your guitar sound on this one..

Spudman
May 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Nice job. :bravo:

just strum
May 11th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Nicely done. I just finished up listening to a couple of Clapton CD's and his sound is fresh in my mind and I must say you and your friend did a nice job.

marnold
May 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Brought a smile to my face. I like the more metallic tone for the rhythm part.

stingx
May 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
nice job...was there a backing track involved or did you provide the rhythm guitar as well as the leads?

ww

Thanks, Warren - all actually - for the kind words. I did all the guitars on this. I used a backing track that consisted of drums and bass. I used the PodXT for the lead and rhythm work with custom patches for both parts for better seating in the mix. I was still using Cubase at the time as that's what I used to mate and mix all the parts. Also used Ozone on the final mix to polish up some.

Note: Edited for factuality.

Algonquin
May 11th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Sounded great Pete. :AOK:

warren0728
May 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Warren - all actually - for the kind words. I did all the guitars on this. I used a backing track that consisted of drums and bass. I used the PodXT for the lead and rhythm work with custom patches for both parts for better seating in the mix. I was still using Cubase at the time as that's what I used to mate and mix all the parts. Also used Ozone on the final mix to polish up some.
thanks for the details....excellent job....i agree with rev rock...the metally (is that a word?) rhytym tone was a cool touch! :rockon:

ww

FrankAxtell
May 12th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Nice production...J.J. Cale writes some great stuff. Keep up the excellent work. Thanks for sharing.

helliott
May 12th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Nice job, Pete. Your friend's voice reminds me of Tom Wilson, of Blackie and the Rodeo Kings and before that Junkhouse. Very cool sound all 'round.
Howard

Kazz
May 13th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Very nice.....the guitar rhythm part has a lot of fire to it...I love it....adding to my "The Fret Players" Ipod playlist :-)

bigoldron
May 13th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Great job, Stingx! Clapton's Cocaine is one of my all time favorites and you and your friend Morrison did it justice! Keep up the good work! :rockon: :dude: