PDA

View Full Version : Nu Member. . .

thearabianmage
May 12th, 2008, 06:43 AM
(sorry, I couldn't resist. And No, I don't like 'Nu-Metal')

Hey everybody. I'm a new member, my name is Joe, I'm from Newnan, Georgia originally but live in Draycott, England now for over 6 years. Been playing for almost 7 years. I've got a trans. red (not acrylic) B.C. Rich NJ Warlock, a Jackson DKMG, a Yamaha RBX374, an Ozark shallow-bodied nylon-string (with lush vine inlay!) and two fretless nylon strings (one normal-sized, one half-sized that I de-fretted, sanded, stripped, and re-coated myself)

I've got a few effects thinggies, but my main unit is my fully upgraded Line6 PodXT Pro. It's okay. . . Through a Fender Champion 300 (it's only my little amp. . .I've also got a Marshall AVT100) I wanna change the speaker in my lil amp as well. . .Get a Celestion or something.

My last bit of kit, worth mentioning, is my Boss RC-50. I love these things. I really do. They are so much fun and can help you improve a lot, even though I find their practical application in live settings rather limited.

Umm. . .I'm not exactly sure what people tend to say when they introduce themselves, and I've said a lot already, so I'll just finish off and say that I like to play my rock and shred a bit just everybody else, but in the last couple years, I've been putting more effort into other styles like jazz, blues, latin, Spanish, and even Middle Eastern, Far Eastern, and Indian music. Really, I don't like to think of music in genres, because that's just another way humans classify things for further discrimination. Everyone is classified as something; from what we wear - 'goth', 'punk', 'hippie', to what ethnicity we are - 'Yank', 'Frog', 'Sheep-shagger', to what sports teams you like, to where you live (there are two tiny villages here that are 2 miles apart and the villagers have had a rivalry for well over 50 years), to what you play on a guitar, to everything we do. I just try and cut it down bit by bit. It's got to be defended that this approach of classifying and alienating is one of nature's adaptations for survival (i.e. hanging out with the dude that has a finger or two missing, a scar along his face, and a tattoo of a dragon that covers 60% of his body -including but not limited to the entirety of his back - is probably not a good idea if you want to live. . .) but today's mentality has taken this idea to extremes and it is just ridiculous nowadays.

Anyways. . . Take it easy.

sunvalleylaw
May 12th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Welcome!

SuperSwede
May 12th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Welcome!

Warren will soon give you a proper greeting.

warren0728
May 12th, 2008, 07:52 AM
welcome thearabianmage....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

luvmyshiner
May 12th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Welcome aboard!

Algonquin
May 12th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Welcome to the Fret Joe.
:beer:

Spudman
May 12th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Hey Joe - where you goin with that gun in your hand? :dude:

Welcome.:wave:

Robert
May 12th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Welcome Joe, I agree - screw the genre names! If it sounds good, it is good, no matter what you call it.

mrmudcat
May 12th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Welcome my peach brother!!:beer:

just strum
May 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Welcome Joe, I agree - screw the genre names! If it sounds good, it is good, no matter what you call it.

Welcome Joe.

To add to Robert's statement - If it sounds bad, make it sound good.

ted s
May 12th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Welcome arabianima.... Joe, we'll stick with Joe, it's shorter.

Brian Krashpad
May 14th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Wow, Newnan (I have some inlaws near Fayetteville) to Blighty is quite a trip (in more than one sense)! I'm from down I-75 aways, in Gainesville (the Florida one).

Welcome. Should we call you mate or bubba?

;)

oldguy
May 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Welcome!:)

thearabianmage
May 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Wow, Newnan (I have some inlaws near Fayetteville) to Blighty is quite a trip (in more than one sense)! I'm from down I-75 aways, in Gainesville (the Florida one).

Welcome. Should we call you mate or bubba?

;)

Nice one! People here call me 'mate', but my sister calls me 'bubba' so I'm really all good either way. :AOK:

dws
May 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Hey Joe - where you goin with that gun in your hand? :dude:

Darn. I scrolled down specifically to see if anybody had made that joke already.

Welcome, Joe!

magoo
May 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hi Joe, welcome to the fret.

Spudman
May 21st, 2008, 09:01 PM
Darn. I scrolled down specifically to see if anybody had made that joke already.

Welcome, Joe!

Got to be quick pilgrim.;)