PDA

View Full Version : These guys do it right...

duhvoodooman
May 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
.....Newegg.com, that is. First place I always go for computer hardware & accessories. The website works correctly, the prices are consistently among the very lowest available, and product selection is fantastic. And once you order, the communication of your order status and the speed of shipping is exemplary. I hadn't bought anything from them in quite a few months, and had to order a replacement for my daughter's crapped-out old video card. Ordered it Sunday evening and it's on the delivery truck this morning.

The big music e-tailers should take a lesson from these guys on how business SHOULD be done!! :AOK: :dude: :bravo:

Bloozcat
May 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I absolutely agree, DVM.

I bought a pair of memory sticks from them a couple of months ago. It was my first order with them after searching the web for the best price I could find. Something went slightly awry with the order when on the electronic receipt they sent me, there was a shipping charge when the item was supposed to ship free. I contacted them by e-mail, and not only did they immediately credit me for the the shipping charge, but they also credited me for $10.00 on the order for the mistake. Then, about a week later after I had submitted a favorable review of their service, they sent me a free hat in the mail.

All for one order...

These guys are very good...:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
May 13th, 2008, 11:41 AM
I also had a great experience some time back. I have not used them in a while, and it is great to hear they are still doing a good job.

stingx
May 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
They rock. They ship lightning fast! They are the ONLY place I consistency use for computer parts. They make TigerDirect look like amateurs.

Justaguyin_nc
May 13th, 2008, 12:55 PM
agreed..great prices..great service..

Robert
May 13th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks, that is good to know!

I have to counter of course, with http://store.apple.com/us !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Spudman
May 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I'm with you on this one too. I've had great experiences (best price and service) with them.

sunvalleylaw
May 13th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks, that is good to know!

I have to counter of course, with http://store.apple.com/us !!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Yep, to get Apple products, the Apple store is just about as good as anywhere. I have bought iPods at Best Buy for my kids, and purchased the relatively cheap replacement policy Best Buy sells, and even successfully used the replacement policy.

But for basics like external drives, keyboards, other accessories, or even undercabinet CD players, etc., I still buy from outfits like this or even at Costco rather than the Apple store.

Bloozcat
May 19th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I just ordered a new 8 megapixel Cannon Powershot A590 IS digital camera from Newegg today.

With the coupon code it was $134.99 plus $7.29 guaranteed 3-day shipping. That's a great price, and a very reasonable cost for three day shipping. Even if I could have found the camera locally for the same price (which is impossible), the tax would have been more than the shipping at $8.10. And I didn't have to burn any $3.80 a gallon gas to go get it either.

duhvoodooman
May 21st, 2008, 07:14 AM
Just another typical Newegg service example:

I decided to order an aftermarket CPU cooler to replace the puny stock one on the Intel Core 2 Duo processor I'd purchased the previous day for my son's PC upgrade. I placed the order at 2:30 PM yesterday afternoon, and it's on the UPS local delivery truck as of 6:03 AM this morning. That's 15.55 hours elapsed time. Even considering that the cooler was in stock at their Edison, NJ distribution warehouse 180 miles south of here, that's still pretty freakin' impressive to completely process and ship an order that quickly. Plus, I got both a detailed invoice and a UPS tracking number notification by e-mail. :AOK: :dude: :bravo:

Bloozcat
May 21st, 2008, 09:10 AM
My order will take just a little bit longer, but considering where it's coming from, not much.

I placed the order this past Monday at approx. 2:30 pm. It shipped out of La Puente California at 7:20:40 pm that same day (I assume that this time was listed as EDT which would have been 4:20:40 pm CA time when UPS was still open). That would make it about 2 hours to process the order and get it out the door. Impressive.

The order is in Orlando right now, and will be on the delivery truck tomorrow to my house. Good timing too. We're leaving Friday for NYC for a long weekend. By the time the wheels touch down at LaGuardia, I should have read through the operating manual a couple of times over...:D

I'll always consider Newegg first for any needs I have.

Rabies
May 21st, 2008, 11:44 PM
Just another typical Newegg service example:

I decided to order an aftermarket CPU cooler to replace the puny stock one on the Intel Core 2 Duo processor I'd purchased the previous day for my son's PC upgrade. I placed the order at 2:30 PM yesterday afternoon, and it's on the UPS local delivery truck as of 6:03 AM this morning. That's 15.55 hours elapsed time. Even considering that the cooler was in stock at their Edison, NJ distribution warehouse 180 miles south of here, that's still pretty freakin' impressive to completely process and ship an order that quickly. Plus, I got both a detailed invoice and a UPS tracking number notification by e-mail. :AOK: :dude: :bravo:

Yeah...NewEgg is quick about stuff. Had many outstanding results from them, myself.

I sure wish MF did things the same. It just took Musicians Friend about 36 hours to do the same thing you said NewEgg took 15 to do. :whatever: :reallymad:

I WANT MY BUDGET TELE!!!:reallymad: :reallymad: :reallymad:

Kazz
May 22nd, 2008, 03:22 AM
My top 3 are:

geeks.com (mainly for hard to find stuff as this is mostly closeout items)
mwave.com (they have the absolute best pricing on motherboard/cpu/memory bundles)
newegg.com (they are the world leader afterall)

I also use Amazon alot these days. You can find anything on that place.

Bloozcat
May 22nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Out for delivery...

My new digital camera is rattling around in the back of the big brown truck as I type this.

Whoo Hoo!

duhvoodooman
May 29th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Just got this notification from NewEgg:

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/74483eba03d6455.gif

Not that they have any choice, but this amounts to an instant ~8% price hike for us New Yorkers! Sure am glad I didn't wait longer to order the nearly $800 worth of parts for my son's new PC that I bought a couple of weeks ago! Timing is everything....