PDA

View Full Version : Suhr "Doug Aldrich" Humbuckers

Plank_Spanker
May 15th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Put a set into my LP Studio and all I can say is WOW!. These pickups have the throaty midrange that tone wet dreams are made of. They have a great high end and a real smooth bottom end - no flub, dirt or hair.

They're fairly hot, but clear and musical all the way to the stops. All in all the best humbuckers I've ever played.

Spudman
May 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM
These pickups have the throaty midrange that tone wet dreams are made of.

Signature material here folks.:D

Robert
May 15th, 2008, 07:36 AM
Suhr makes really good stuff, so I am not surprised to hear about the wet dreams.

Nelskie
May 15th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Wet dreams . . . as in Tawny Kitaen spread-eagled on the hood of a Jaguar kind of stuff?

Indeed. But who is Doug Aldrich . . . ?

Well, for those of you not in the know, guitarist Doug Aldrich is one half of the two-headed guitar monster that comprises the latest Whitesnake line-up. The other half being Reb Beach, former fretboard pyrotechnician of Winger / Dokken / Alice Cooper fame.

If you’d like to check out Doug (*he’s the dude with the Les Paul) & Reb in action on a track from Whitesnake’s latest release - “Lay Down Your Love” - here’s a link to the ‘Snake’s official site. And by all means, turn it up LOUD!

http://whitesnake.com/redsite/index.asp#media

Plank, if your guitar sounds like Doug's in the video, you may want to seek therapy . . . ! Wow.

Being a long-time fan of Whitesnake, I’ll also mention that their latest CD “Good To Be Bad” (*just released a week or two ago) is every bit as good as you might imagine it would be. Of course, there’s a few ballads, and very good ones at that. But the heavier stuff is jaw-dropping-ly good. Doug and Reb add a fresh, yet undeniably authoritative take on the classic Whitesnake groove. Add David Coverdale’s smoky growl and charismatic delivery into that equation, put in front of a thundering 80’s rhythm section, and it’s the stuff of . . . well, I think you get the picture.

If you dig heavy guitars, killer hard rock vocals, and great songs - - the kind that make you raise your lighter / beer / fist in the air, then look no further. “Good To Be Bad” is built for speed, and will be in heavy rotation during the Nelskie Summer of 2008 soundtrack.

Now if I could only fit into those ripped jeans.

Plank_Spanker
May 15th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Nelskie,

I bought the pickups on the recommendation of a trusted friend. While I know who Aldrich is, I'm not seeking his sound..........................but I'll give him props for endorsing these pickups.

They rawk..................:rockon:

Nelskie
May 15th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Just though a few folks might like to know a bit about Doug . . . that's all. Doing your own thing with sig gear is always where its at. Peace.

SuperSwede
May 16th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Wet dreams . . . as in Tawny Kitaen spread-eagled on the hood of a Jaguar kind of stuff?

Indeed. But who is Tawny Kitaen . . . ?

Spudman
May 16th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Indeed. But who is Tawny Kitaen . . . ?

This hottie. :rotflmao:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/showimage.jpg

Plank_Spanker
May 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Just though a few folks might like to know a bit about Doug . . . that's all. Doing your own thing with sig gear is always where its at. Peace.

Nelskie,

I certainly didn't mean to come across as a smarta$$. Sorry if it read like that.

SuperSwede
May 17th, 2008, 07:39 AM
This hottie. :rotflmao:

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/People/showimage.jpg

ohhhh :AOK: :D

duhvoodooman
May 17th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Ahh, nothing better than a good celebrity arrest photo! So what's ol' Tawny been up to after her infamous assault of former husband, Angels pitcher Chuck Finley? Booze, coke, crack? Whatever it is, it's added some serious mileage....

Spudman
May 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Ahh, nothing better than a good celebrity arrest photo! So what's ol' Tawny been up to after her infamous assault of former husband, Angels pitcher Chuck Finley? Booze, coke, crack? Whatever it is, it's added some serious mileage....

My guess is that she's been doing a lot of Diet Coke. All that Aspartame really messes with a person.

She's certainly not on my hit list any more.

SuperSwede
May 17th, 2008, 09:01 AM
well, she does look as some of my regular customers at work.

"I didnt do it!!!"

Kazz
May 20th, 2008, 03:44 AM
best known for her performance in this Whitesnake Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKTiwCez6Zs)

And as Tom Hanks' Fiancee in Bachelor Party....and my favorite as one of the main players in Witchboard.

bigoldron
May 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
My guess is that she's been doing a lot of Diet Coke. All that Aspartame really messes with a person.

She's certainly not on my hit list any more.

She looks like, as we like to say, she's been rode hard and put up wet, a few too many times. I remember Bachelor Party all too well and YES SHE DID used to be a hottie. Obviously, she hasn't held up too well. :messedup:

'Course, I can't rightly brag too much about myself either. I'm neither as lean and mean or near as purty as I used to be. Lately, there's been some grumpy old fart impersonating me in the mirror. Guess I need a new mirror... ;)