PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a good but not expensive reverb pedal?

birv2
May 15th, 2008, 07:01 PM
To go with my Pro Jr, which has no reverb?

duhvoodooman
May 16th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I have the same issue with my Valve Jr. and Firefly amps. I initially bought a Danelectro Corned Beef, which was certainly cheap, but sounds that way.

I subsequently found a nice used Digitech Digiverb on eBay, and am very satisfied with that. Much better tone and far more versatile--well worth the extra $$, IMO.

Tone2TheBone
May 16th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I like my used Digiverb too. Good unit and it's pretty quiet when plugged into the input of an amp.

WackyT
May 16th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Had the same issue on my Pignose G40V amp, and got a used Alesis NanoVerb (http://www.alesis.com/nanoverb) off eBay for $35. It has:

Reverb Effects Programs:
3 Concert Hall
3 Room
3 Plate
1 Nonlinear

Pitch Based Effects Programs:
Chorus
Flange
Rotary
2 Chorus/Room

It's also stereo (2 in / 2 out) if you want to use it that way. I use it in it's mono mode (Left in / Left out) with my G40V. It can also run semi-stereo with a mono input (Left in is connected to Right in internally if nothing is physically connected to Right in).

You can also connect a momentary footswitch to it for Bypass.

It definitely gets the job done, and sounds pretty good.

ZMAN
May 16th, 2008, 06:03 PM
For the money I would either sell the pro and buy a Blues Junior or just go out and by the BJ. They are an amazing amp. I have a 65 deluxe, a Vibrolux reverb, and a Blues deluxe reissue, and I alway go back to the BJ. The El84s really are nice, and the 15 watts is killer, Don't even mention the reverb. With all the great Fender amps with reverb I would not even think about a reverb pedal. There are too many other effects to add.

Algonquin
May 16th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I'm not sure you're looking to sell your amp just to get some reverb, but I've got a Digitech Digiverb that has some nice settings on it. T2TB and DVM mentioned they also like theirs. I run mine through the effects loop of my amp and it's very quiet.

Good luck!

birv2
May 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. That Digiverb seems be a popular one, so I think I'm going to try to track one down on ebay.

Will check back later with the results.

Thanks again to the fretters!

:bravo:

Bob

Tone2TheBone
May 17th, 2008, 11:01 PM
For the money I would either sell the pro and buy a Blues Junior or just go out and by the BJ. They are an amazing amp. I have a 65 deluxe, a Vibrolux reverb, and a Blues deluxe reissue, and I alway go back to the BJ. The El84s really are nice, and the 15 watts is killer, Don't even mention the reverb. With all the great Fender amps with reverb I would not even think about a reverb pedal. There are too many other effects to add.

My Blues Jr. is a MIA green circuit board BJ. Notorious for noisy reverb. It sounds fabulous but is a bit too hissy for me. The Digiverb pedal in front of the amp is much less hissy and does a reasonable job of manufacturing some reverb sounds. I only wish the BJ had an effects loop like my Marshall does but for doing some quick and dirty reverb it's not too shabby. Really it does sound great and would shine on a rockin' Pro Jr.

TS808
May 18th, 2008, 07:03 AM
With my Bluesbreaker clone, I've been using the reverb on my Boss ME-50 and that works really well. The ME-50 isn't a cheap multi effects processor (anywhere between $259 and $299) but the tones and effects are pretty cool. Add up what you get with a multi-effects processor compared to individual pedals, and you get way more for the money,