PDA

View Full Version : DSL Issues Tonight

just strum
May 15th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Every once in a blue moon my connection acts up and makes staying on-line a pain in the butt, so good night.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/mixed-smiley-030.gif

Tone2TheBone
May 15th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Happens with Broadband wireless internet too I've learned. See you tomorrow. :)

TS808
May 18th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Out where I live, the only DSL provider I can get is Windstream (formerly Alltel). I constantly have to re-boot my modem, especially when it rains because it goes out alot. It beats dial up, but it is a pain to deal with every so often.

just strum
May 18th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Out where I live, the only DSL provider I can get is Windstream (formerly Alltel). I constantly have to re-boot my modem, especially when it rains because it goes out alot. It beats dial up, but it is a pain to deal with every so often.

I have Windstream too. Funny thing is, when it was Alltel, I didn't have the problems. Now you call customer service and you get India. One time I was so pissed I kept on insisting to talk to someone in the US, when they finally transfered me, just by luck I got someone that was about 5 miles from my house. The guy knew the exact box where the problem was located. He was actually very familiar with the area.

Rabies
May 18th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Funny...I have Windstream, too. And every once in a while, I have the same problem.

And I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM racist, but the Indians are very hard to understand when you do have to call. :thwap:

just strum
May 18th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Funny...I have Windstream, too. And every once in a while, I have the same problem.

And I am in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM racist, but the Indians are very hard to understand when you do have to call. :thwap:

When they switched me back to the States, I was expecting Atlanta or some other State because that's what I use to get. I noted India, but it could have been another country and I would have made the same request. The problem is in the States, I want to speak to someone in the States.

I'll end it here to avoid drifting into the world of politics.

Let us move on to the world of guitars.