PDA

View Full Version : Check out these Firefox Extensions

Robert
May 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM
http://cybernetnews.com/2008/05/14/cybernotes-top-10-firefox-extensions-to-impress-your-friends/

Some interesting extensions for Firefox. I haven't tried any of them yet myself.

Rabies
May 16th, 2008, 12:38 PM
I love Firefox. Been using it for years. I haven't tried any of the extensions mentioned in the article, but I think I'm gonna try a couple of them. There are SO many available and I just don't have time to keep up on the latest and greatest.

I have used many other extensions, most of which I love and use every day. They also have many different skins available to make your browser a little easier on the eyes.

Turned my back on IE a long time ago and never looked back.:AOK:

Rabies
May 16th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Just got Tab Scope...full of win. :AOK:

Rabies
May 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
WOW! Just got PicLens. This is the coolest extension EVAH! Firefox users GET THIS NOW!

Thanks Robert!! :AOK:

Tone2TheBone
May 17th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I've been using Firefox for a while now but I forgot the reasons why I switched......

what were they again?

Rabies
May 18th, 2008, 08:40 AM
I've been using Firefox for a while now but I forgot the reasons why I switched......

what were they again?

:D :D

Well when I switched, tabbed browsing was the deal maker for me. Which I understand IE has now. The extensions and add-ons were the coolness too.

Recently I've read that Firefox has a smaller memory footprint, as well. It used to be that Firefox was way more stable and secure from T3h H@XX0rS, but I've also recently read that because it's more widely used now, they've started chipping away at it, too.

I don't know. Just what I read.

t_ross33
May 18th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I've been using Firefox for four or five years now. We had a Mac networked system at my old job and I was totally jazzed with OS X, Safari etc. Firefox seemed to be a reasonable alternative to maintain some "Mac-ness" on my old boat-anchor PC at home :D

Kazz
May 19th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I love the fox.

birv2
May 19th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I'm a huge fan of the fox.

And that tab effect extension has gotten some wows at my house.

Bob

duhvoodooman
May 19th, 2008, 07:10 AM
I've had Firefox on my desktop for several years now, but only recently switched it over to be my default browser. Finally got tired of the constant IE7 crashes and freeze-ups. Only problem I'm having is that I get a "can't find site" error message everytime I click an internet shortcut now--even though Firefox launches and opens the web page normally! Anybody here know how to fix that glitch? MS probably coded it in to Windows on purpose! :flamemad:

Some of those extensions look very interesting--gotta try a couple! But what's with the "impress your friends" angle?? I feel sorry for anyone whose life is so pathetic that they have to rely on browser extensions to get attention.... :whatever:

marnold
May 19th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I don't use the ones listed in the article, but I do use:
Adblock Plus (which I disable on TheFret, FWIW)
ChatZilla
Favicon Picker 2
Gmail Manager
MailFrom
Permit Cookies
translator
Web Developer

just strum
May 9th, 2009, 06:44 AM
There are a number of new add-ons and I was just curious what some of the folks here have found worth the download.