PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Castle Magic - Yngwiee Malmsteen

Robert
May 16th, 2008, 09:41 AM
From 1989, in Leningrad.

EQWyNr0pKvk

Katastrophe
May 16th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Is that Joe Lynn Turner on vocals? It's good to hear Yngwie playing bluesy (kinda) stuff, even if he did the 80s approved high kick.;)

Good vid, Robert!

Tone2TheBone
May 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Spacebo Lenigrad! Had that cassette when it came out. Mixed weird but the music was cool.

Spudman
May 16th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I have this video. Yup, that is JLT on vocals. I love this version of Spanish Castle Magic. Thanks Robo.

marnold
May 16th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I've got that on a CD. You can definitely tell it's YJM, but he remains faithful to the vibe of the original, IMO. Contrast that with Shawn Lane's cover of "All Along the Watchtower" which I really like until the end when it descends into just a bunch of mindless wanking. And this is from someone who likes himself some shred.

Big_Rob
May 24th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Awesome!

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 11:30 AM
... when it descends into just a bunch of mindless wanking.

So the word 'wank' is used in America? How many meanings does it have and what are they?

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Malmsteen is such a legend by the way. And don't forget: he doesn't like donuts!!!

marnold
May 25th, 2008, 03:09 PM
So the word 'wank' is used in America? How many meanings does it have and what are they?
Mainly it's a euphemism for, umm, err, well, let's look at the dictionary definition. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=wank) By extension (pardon the pun) it refers to overplaying on the guitar or to tug on the whammy bar violently or repeatedly.

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Mainly it's a euphemism for, umm, err, well, let's look at the dictionary definition. (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=wank) By extension (pardon the pun) it refers to overplaying on the guitar or to tug on the whammy bar violently or repeatedly.

Mate, it's an English word, I know what it means. I just wasn't aware it had crossed the pond. I always hear of Englishmen going to America and opening cafe's called 'The Wanker's Corner' because the word has, or had, no meaning in America. Well, I guess that's changing now.

I'll just have to blag y'all about other bollocks from now on :D

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Oh, and just because I'm a wanker about these things, the correct term you are looking for is that is slang for particular activities. It's not a euphemism. An example of a euphemism for the same act would be to 'rub one off.' :D

Epiphone
May 25th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Awesome. I love that song.

snarph
May 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM
He dose a great version but it would be better if he did not always seem he was infatuated with him self