PDA

View Full Version : Short improvisation video

mark wein
May 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
4vu1RVouwDA

I tried something using YouTubes video capture tool and my webcam...it looks like crap but I wanted to give it a try...

thearabianmage
May 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Nice one. Very nice tone, as well. The run at the end was pretty sick as well. :AOK:

mark wein
May 18th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Nice one. Very nice tone, as well. The run at the end was pretty sick as well. :AOK:

As much as I don't dig modeling amps I sure do get alot of mileage from my PodXT....

thearabianmage
May 18th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Hey, I've got a PodXT Pro as well (fully maxed out, had to be done). They ain't that bad, but they do have their limits. Have you looked into any other rack units?

mark wein
May 18th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Hey, I've got a PodXT Pro as well (fully maxed out, had to be done). They ain't that bad, but they do have their limits. Have you looked into any other rack units?

Nah....I'm mostly a vintage amp guy but I have one on my desk that I use when I'm teaching or recording small things....mine is pretty old and stock but I can usually get whatever sound I need out of it...

thearabianmage
May 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Nah....I'm mostly a vintage amp guy but I have one on my desk that I use when I'm teaching or recording small things....mine is pretty old and stock but I can usually get whatever sound I need out of it...

That is their charm: once you have all the options (which is cheeky that they ask you to pay for them!) and you know how to navigate your way around the device, you can find just about any sound you want. It's really confusing the first couple times, then it's as straightforward as an analog pedal. But it has a weak wah (or 10 weak wah's)

mark wein
May 18th, 2008, 06:01 PM
That is their charm: once you have all the options (which is cheeky that they ask you to pay for them!) and you know how to navigate your way around the device, you can find just about any sound you want. It's really confusing the first couple times, then it's as straightforward as an analog pedal. But it has a weak wah (or 10 weak wah's)

The easiest thing for me is to use the Toneport software to change stuff around...very easy that way. I typically don't use pedal models though unless it's a modulation thing...