PDA

View Full Version : EQs, Sonic Maximizers, and G-Forces. . .

thearabianmage
May 18th, 2008, 05:38 PM
These are three things I'm curious about. Considering that I'm not yet a gigging guitarist and that I don't tend to play very loud at home, I was wondering whether getting an EQ (I had in this: http://www.bbesound.com/products/equalizers/EQA131/index.asp in mind) or a BBE Sonic Maximizer (a lot of people rave on about these) would be a worthy investment.

And with the T.C. Electronic G-Force - I've got a PodXT Pro, and it's alright but there is not as much control over the sounds as I want there to be. Don't get me wrong, you do have a lot of options, but you are still at least slightly 'on rails', if you know what I mean. Has anyone used a G-Force? What are they like?

At the moment, I quite like racks and due to certain electrical limitations in my room, having an 'all-in-one' is really the only option (otherwise I'd be all analog)

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Plank_Spanker
May 19th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I used a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer for a couple of years with my guitar rig and it was OK - not miraculous by any means. The highs are more defined and pronounced and you can dial in Richter Scale lows with the Lo Contour control.