PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here

oldguy
April 25th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Hello,everyone. I'm new here, I work construction, and I won't post much except on weekends, but I like reading the posts when I'm home. I play a 52 tele reissue, a Wilburn Versetare, and a Yamaha acoustic. I play through a Traynor Bassmaster, a Traynor ycv 40, and a 66' Fender Super Reverb. Nice to meet you all. oldguy:)

warren0728
April 25th, 2006, 05:25 PM
welcome oldguy...glad you found us...another tele fan here! Those traynor amps are pretty nice too....played one at a friends music store.

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 25th, 2006, 05:27 PM
You dropped into the right place oldguy. Swing your tele & you'll hit quite a few old guys without even tryin'.

Tim
April 25th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Welcome oldguy. We seem to attrack ther older guys. There are plenty of us around. Hope to see you on the forum this weekend.

aeolian
April 25th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Hey, watch out with that Tele! Here's another old guy you may hit.

Spudman
April 25th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Oldguy. Sounds like you took all our nicknames. Enjoy the Fret and welcome.

duhvoodooman
April 25th, 2006, 06:32 PM
A '66 Super Reverb, huh? Don't suppose you'd want to donate that to another deserving "oldguy", wouldja?? He's a heckuva nice guy with the initials "DVM"....

Seriously, welcome! You'll fit right in with all us other old guys....

blogan
April 25th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Hey, another one! Welcome to the gang of old guys, Oldguy! I'm gassing to get a Tele myself... the 52 RI sounds like a nice guitar.:cool:

ZoSo65
April 25th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Welcome " oldguy "
:DR

Robert
April 26th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Welcome, old man! Those are some nice amps you have. I dig that Traynor, and the 50 Blue is cool too. A friend of mine had a 70s Super Reverb that I almost bought, I'm kicking myself now for not doing it. Great amp (although a pain to carry around).

Tone2TheBone
April 26th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Good to have you here Oldguy. Look forward to your posts. :)

Katastrophe
April 26th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Welcome, oldguy! Enjoy thefret... lots of talk about all kinds of guitfiddles, basses, and music in general... along with occasional outbursts of frivolity and good humor.:DR :R :D

M29
June 7th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Welcome oldguy, I am new here as well and have been having a great time with the gang. Lots to learn here and lots of fun.

M29

Robert
July 27th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Hey Oldguy, where are you from? I think it's nice to have an idea in what part of this world people bend (or spank?) their strings.

Iago
July 27th, 2006, 09:18 PM
welcome Oldguy!

Guess you can call me Grandson! hehehe,oh nice amps!!!!:R

oldguy
July 27th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Robert,
Sorry! Never thought to tell y'all I'm from northwest Missouri, USA. I'll try and update my profile when I can. I'm not to good with computers, but I'm working on it. That's one reason I use a digital recorder, (which is another type of computer, ironic, eh?) I don't know a thing about computer recording.
I'm trying, though.
Iago,
(in his best "Grandpa M'Coy" voice)
Hee,Hee,Hee, that's alright, sonny, just show me how ya' play that "Natural World" by Sonny Landreth!:D
Glenn H.

Iago
July 28th, 2006, 08:32 AM
actually I never heard it.. just now his a great slide player....
How does it feel to have the same name as the ex-Deep Purple bassist? :D

Bloozcat
July 28th, 2006, 01:56 PM
What old guys?....who ya calling old...?

Hey!...get off my lawn you young whippersnappers, you...:mad:
(sorry, senior moment)

Welcome aboard oldguy! Don't worry, there not all crazy here...just me...:)