PDA

View Full Version : Mark Knopfler - guitar GOD

Ger the man
May 19th, 2008, 04:09 AM
Myself and my wife are going to see Mr Knopfler tonight. He is without doubt one of the best, most original players ever. I admire his individual unassuming style and his expressive warm tone.

duhvoodooman
May 19th, 2008, 05:21 AM
He is without doubt one of the best, most original players ever. I admire his individual unassuming style and his expressive warm tone.
+1 :AOK:

And he's one of those few guitarists that you can recognize after he plays a handful of notes.

Coincidentally, I was watching some of his live performance videos on YouTube this weekend. Had my Strat plugged in and set on the bridge/middle, so I could follow along. Yeah, right....

Let us know how the show was!

just strum
May 19th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Myself and my wife are going to see Mr Knopfler tonight. He is without doubt one of the best, most original players ever. I admire his individual unassuming style and his expressive warm tone.

+1 I couldn't agree more. Looking forward to hearing about the concert.

Spudman
May 19th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Lucky you. Have a great time. I have a great admiration for him too.:AOK:

Ger the man
May 19th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Thanks guys! I hear a lot of people saying he is boring and dire straits were boring too but thats there opinion I suppose.

warren0728
May 19th, 2008, 07:50 AM
enjoy the show...i doubt you will be bored!

ww

Spudman
May 19th, 2008, 08:01 AM
He may not be a showman but you are most certainly going to get a perfectly played performance. Playing is what he does best.

duhvoodooman
May 19th, 2008, 08:27 AM
He may not be a showman but you are most certainly going to get a perfectly played performance. Playing is what he does best.
Precisely. I'll take substance over glitz every time....

thearabianmage
May 19th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I have a friend (well, not really a friend, just some twat that I know) and he went to school with Mark Knopfler's son. He punched him in the nose and gave him a black eye. Apparently he had a reason for it, but to be honest, the way he brags about it nowadays, I bet he was just being George and Knopfler's son just got in the way. Small world.

sunvalleylaw
May 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I am happy for you! I hope also to have the opportunity some time.

Ger the man
May 20th, 2008, 01:43 AM
Well, what can I say? The man is one of the most fantastic sounding players I have ever seen. He used a few guitars (his LP cut through the air like a knife!). I would highly recommend you go see him if he plays near you.

Cheers

Kazz
May 20th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Precisely. I'll take substance over glitz every time....

Randy Travis is much the same way.....sits on a stool most of the night....but the songs will be very close to how they were on the cd...some call it boring....I enjoy the faithful reproductions.

bigoldron
May 20th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks guys! I hear a lot of people saying he is boring and dire straits were boring too but thats there opinion I suppose.

Some people are idiots. Knopfler is one of the greats, without a doubt! :dude:

Sprinter
May 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM

Mark Knophler, is one my favorites too. There are very few people I'd like to see in concert and Knophler is one of them.

Sprinter

FusedGrooves
November 30th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Some people are idiots. Knopfler is one of the greats, without a doubt! :dude:

+1 what TRIPE! Knopfler is GOD

In fact, I don't think some ppl are idiots, it's more like MOST are ppl are idiots.....a look at the Top 50 will tell ya that! :D