PDA

View Full Version : Anyone visiting Denmark shortly?? :)

Simon
May 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Gassing for a little electronic gadgetry - Garmin GPS navigator (http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPSMap-2-6-Inch-Mapping-Handheld/dp/B000CSOXTO)

I glance at these GPS'es once in a while, and as I today have joined a paraglider club, I see another potential application, tracking flights... But still I find the local price tag ($530) steep for what would mostly be a toy, so if anyone is heading this way and would front me the $300 ... ?? :D

Iago
May 20th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Maybe you can find someone on eBay that would ship it worlwide?

I`ve done paragliding a couple years ago. Great experience.

Simon
May 20th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I am SO looking forward to this flying thing! :dude:

You're right, it can be found on ebay and shipped to Denmark - but the biggest obstacle is my fear of it being picked up in customs, adding tax and VAT will quickly spoil the deal... :eek:

SuperSwede
May 21st, 2008, 08:15 AM
Simon, you can order from sweden.

Its seems to be a bit cheaper here, check with www.pricerunner.se

Simon
May 21st, 2008, 02:47 PM
Thank - You're right, given the exchange rate of 0,8 from SEK to DKK there'a a slight saving (300 DKK = 60 US$)... I'll see if I can contain my GAS! :p

SuperSwede
May 21st, 2008, 11:32 PM
Thank - You're right, given the exchange rate of 0,8 from SEK to DKK there'a a slight saving (300 DKK = 60 US$)... I'll see if I can contain my GAS! :p

No you cannot, soon you´ll be smiling with a cold Carlsberg in your hand while you press "complete purchase".

Simon
May 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM
I just did - although the purchase was a 160 GB harddrive, a replacement for the 40 GB in my laptop that always holds 39 GB no matter how often I throw stuff away! :) Had my eye on that for a while too, and suddenly the price dropped 35% to only DKK 260 = US$ 53 ... very cheap... That will take the edge of the GAS.