PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Card -MSI NX8800GTS - $124.99!

Justaguyin_nc
May 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
For those on a budget..

Well, I thought this was a great buy at newegg so I thought I would pass it on.
If your computer is in the 2.5 ghz and faster with pci express slot..
you will be quite happy for the next few years playing any game out there!

Playing a game on the computer is the most tasking thing a computer will do.

Adding a good graphics card will make life so much more pleasureable.

It will also speed up your music programs by relieving the task put on the cpu and most likely built in graphics chips...

This thing sold for $300 less than a year ago...

You can have one for $144.00 - $20 rebate = 124!

thats a great deal.. it is up there with the 300-400.00 cards being offered and will run any game out there in High Detail!

It actually out runs their newer 9600 cards if you go look up stats..

make sure you have a pci-express slot...
Note this also takes two slots up.. pretty large card.

MSI NX8800GTS 320M OC GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127328

the 320 mb is plenty of memory.. and the Overclocked chip actually will out perform the 512 versions in anything but maybe role playing games.
I think the free game deal is not included anymore..sold out..
but 20.00 rebate good till end of this month.
144.99 - 20.00 = 124.99.. is a great price.
prices are dropping!

duhvoodooman
May 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Man, it's AMAZING the performance you can get for your dollar right now. My son (the gamer) needed a system upgrade and I used part of my "Dubya" tax rebate to order the parts tonight. Between discounts and rebates, I was able to put together a killer box at Newegg for a final cost of just over $700, delivered. Here are the specs:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/New_PC_5-08.gif

The Geforce 8800GT 512MB video card will give him great graphics performance, and the Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 processors overclock like a mother! We should be able to get 3.5GHz clockspeed or better on it, since these 45 nm Wolfdale core processors run so cool. Really looking forward to building this puppy and seeing what she'll do this weekend!

5/20/08 UPDATE: I looked into the stock CPU cooler that comes with the E8200 and it was pretty pitiful looking, so decided to add the very popular Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro cooler to the mix. It was an extra $34, including shipping, bringing the total final cost to $716. I'm thinking 3.8GHz looks very possible now....

Justaguyin_nc
May 20th, 2008, 10:41 AM
My son (the gamer) needed a system upgrade and I used part of my "Dubya" tax rebate to order the parts tonight.

Will you adopt me? :beer:

Sounds sweet DVM!!

I think this is yet another newegg :master: :AOK: thumbs up thread!

I would have thought it would be another year or so before prices dropped this much..
amazing how far tech is advancing and prices are dropping!

Main reason to never buy what just came out.. just to much of a price cut a year or two later..

pricewise.. you just have no reason to have a slow machine any more.
and no xbox or ps3 is going to keep up with it..:)