PDA

View Full Version : Facebook friends

Tone2TheBone
May 20th, 2008, 01:08 PM
What do you guys do with the Facebook friends you never hear from? Keep them or delete them? If you delete them they'll know right? I don't want to piss anyone off but I could clean up my list a little I never hear from some of them.

Brian Krashpad
May 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
I don't consider people listed as friends on facebook or myspace as necessarily actual friends (though some are). More like networking contacts. So the more the merrier. I'd only delete someone if I found out something really bad about them, or if it was an actual friend with whom I'd had a falling out irl.

Tone2TheBone
May 20th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Well I read through the FAQ's in Facebook and you can't delete someone without yourself being deleted from their list as well. Is there a way to stop people's mini-feeds from showing up on your profile page? It bugs me that some people update their pages 20 times a day yet can never find the time to say hello. Their actions show up all the time on my profile who cares what they're doing. Butts. I should just delete them. :rotflmao:

thearabianmage
May 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
What do you guys do with the Facebook friends you never hear from? Keep them or delete them? If you delete them they'll know right? I don't want to piss anyone off but I could clean up my list a little I never hear from some of them.

Hey dude, I delete people off of facebook all the time, it never tells them. They just got to find out. If you do it right, you can really hurt someone's feelings, too. I did that with an ex girlfriend.

Tone2TheBone
May 20th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I think I'll just leave it. I just wish I could edit all the mini-feeds that show up. I guess I could minimize the view by hiding it.

thearabianmage
May 20th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I think I'll just leave it. I just wish I could edit all the mini-feeds that show up. I guess I could minimize the view by hiding it.

Go into the options and you can stop the mini feeds from appearing altogether. And in order to delete people, just look at a list of all your friends and click the 'x'. It'll ask to confirm and that's that. But in all fairness. . . Facebook is gay. I actually prefer talking to strangers about guitar than I do talking to friends about bullshyt. Know what I mean? Maybe it's just because all my 'friends' from around here are just a bunch of 18-21's that live for the weekend so they can get drunk, they take university courses that they don't care about, they are trendy spoiled little brats, have no idea that there is an entire world beyond the pubs'n'clubs, and they are all mostly wastes of space that have no patience to learn any arts, or to have a meaningful hobby for that matter. Maybe I'm just an arrogant misanthropic recluse, though.

just strum
May 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I don't even know what the hell Facebook is!!!

thearabianmage
May 20th, 2008, 05:30 PM

Then just be glad that you still have a life.

Tone2TheBone
May 20th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Go into the options and you can stop the mini feeds from appearing altogether. And in order to delete people, just look at a list of all your friends and click the 'x'. It'll ask to confirm and that's that. But in all fairness. . . Facebook is gay. I actually prefer talking to strangers about guitar than I do talking to friends about bullshyt. Know what I mean? Maybe it's just because all my 'friends' from around here are just a bunch of 18-21's that live for the weekend so they can get drunk, they take university courses that they don't care about, they are trendy spoiled little brats, have no idea that there is an entire world beyond the pubs'n'clubs, and they are all mostly wastes of space that have no patience to learn any arts, or to have a meaningful hobby for that matter. Maybe I'm just an arrogant misanthropic recluse, though.

Man you remind me of me in my younger days. :beer:

sunvalleylaw
May 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM
I'll make sure I write on your wall more often dude, I promise!! Don't delete me!!! LOL!!!

Tim
May 21st, 2008, 06:29 AM

Your not alone JS, either do I.

I have a My Space account, but don't know what to do with it. I may be closing it down.

SuperSwede
May 21st, 2008, 07:51 AM
www.facebook.com

A great way to get in touch with long lost friends or enemies.

Tone2TheBone
May 21st, 2008, 09:41 AM
Actually my geetar playin' friends are great. I've added some people that I really don't even know but just added them out of courtesy and it's those that I don't really communicate with. You're alright Steve don't worry. ;)

sunvalleylaw
May 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
Yah, I wasn't worried. You are one of the few folks that regularly communicate with me there. I have a few other of my ski coaches I keep track of there as they send pics of their adventures. It is a great place to keep track of "younger" folk, if you work with them and need to communicate with them.

player
May 21st, 2008, 10:58 AM
I'll make sure I write on your wall more often dude, I promise!! Don't delete me!!! LOL!!!

have that but no one from here is on it.pretty new to it so finding/asking others to add seems difficult although Robert is on it,besides I am here more than there anyway. true tone those apps can be a pain :D

sunvalleylaw
May 21st, 2008, 11:45 AM
have that but no one from here is on it.pretty new to it so finding/asking others to add seems difficult although Robert is on it,besides I am here more than there anyway. true tone those apps can be a pain :D

What's your facebook name? I'll add you. :beer:

just strum
May 21st, 2008, 03:57 PM
www.facebook.com

A great way to get in touch with long lost friends or enemies.

Hmmm, too many enemies from long ago and too many from the past that were shady characters. Maybe not a good idea.

player
May 21st, 2008, 04:51 PM
What's your facebook name? I'll add you. :beer:

Thanks Steve aka new mod in town:AOK:
put in an actual pic now,an old one but still me :D

SuperSwede
May 21st, 2008, 11:29 PM
Hmmm, too many enemies from long ago and too many from the past that were shady characters. Maybe not a good idea.

Actually you can set your account to private and only let those that you accept view your profile.

player
May 21st, 2008, 11:41 PM
another Thanks to Brian Krashpad before I crash,dang it's late.night all

Algonquin
May 29th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Wow... I was away when this thread went up and missed it completely!

I promise Tone, from now on there'll be no more...

***** has gone to brush his teeth
***** is having a coffee
***** is thinking about lunch
***** is full from lunch
***** is having a nap
***** is tired from his nap
***** is thinking about dinner
***** is having a nap before dinner
***** is wondering what T2TB is having for dinner
***** etc, etc, etc...

:D

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Wow... I was away when this thread went up and missed it completely!

I promise Tone, from now on there'll be no more...

***** has gone to brush his teeth
***** is having a coffee
***** is thinking about lunch
***** is full from lunch
***** is having a nap
***** is tired from his nap
***** is thinking about dinner
***** is having a nap before dinner
***** is wondering what T2TB is having for dinner
***** etc, etc, etc...

:D

hahaha no worries man it's not THOSE comments that bug me. It's the ones where someone added some application or changed their profile pic. One person on my list did this constantly and it bugged me because that person would never take the time to say hello or screw you or anything yet would do all sorts of stuff online in their profile. I eventually deleted the people I never hear from so...I'm good again. :D I actually dig your camping photos keep those coming!

warren0728
August 8th, 2008, 05:21 PM
so i'm adding friends to my facebook account...if you have a facebook account and haven't heard from me....let me know your facebook name so i can add you! :pancake:

ww :greenguitar:

player
August 8th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Warren,if you are a friend of Steves. I just sent you an invite from Facebook.nice beard pic by the way.:AOK:

warren0728
August 8th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Warren,if you are a friend of Steves. I just sent you an invite from Facebook.nice helo by the way.:AOK:
i don't think i am...i only have 3 friends right now (which is about right! :thwap: )

haven't received your invite yet....

ww

sunvalleylaw
August 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Now you have 4!! Nice to see you there too!

warren0728
August 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Now you have 4!! Nice to see you there too!
woohoo....twice as many as i had an hour ago! :beer:

ww

warren0728
August 8th, 2008, 07:01 PM
i'm up to 7! :bravo: keep 'em coming! :beer:

ww

player
August 8th, 2008, 07:13 PM
i don't think i am...i only have 3 friends right now (which is about right! :thwap: )

haven't received your invite yet....

ww
You should any time now Warren via Steve -Thanks Steve:D