PDA

View Full Version : Delta Blues,,,blues

ZoSo65
April 25th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Well, the itch has really gotten to me,,,supposedly they just shipped my DeltaBlues 210 today,,,for the 3rd time!!!!
This sucks,,,LOL

Tim
April 26th, 2006, 04:06 AM
Patients my friend. All in its own time. Once it arrives you will forget about the problems you had getting it.

warren0728
April 26th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Once it arrives you will forget about the problems you had getting it.
or use the experience and write a blues song about it!

ww

Spudman
April 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Have mercy, been waitin for my amp all day. :rolleyes:

duhvoodooman
April 26th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Have mercy, been waitin for my amp all day. :rolleyes:
Inspiration, Spuds! You got me working on....

FedEx Man Blues:

Lawd have mercy, been waitin for my amp all day.
Said Lawd have mercy, been waitin for my amp all day.
Just heard from FedEx, said there gonna be another delay!

Shoulda gone to GC, coulda walked right out with one.
Said shoulda gone to GC, coulda walked right out with one.
Maybe instead of a Peavey, shoulda bought myself a gun!

C'mon Mr. FedEx man, gotta bring that amph to me.
Said c'mon now Mr. FedEx man, gotta bring that amph to me.
Gonna hear your screamin' solo, when I shoot you in the knee!

Have mercy.... (solo break)

That's as far as I've gotten....

Tone2TheBone
April 26th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Due to my insane lack of patience I couldn't possibly order any music equipment via mail. I have to place my grubby hands on stuff firsthand! Hope your amp shows up soon. *bites nails*

Tim
April 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Caution: This forum maybe monitored for quality & safety reasons

warren0728
April 26th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Due to my insane lack of patience I couldn't possibly order any music equipment via mail. I have to place my grubby hands on stuff firsthand! Hope your amp shows up soon. *bites nails*
same here tone...i don't even like to order cd's and dvd's online!

ww

SuperSwede
April 26th, 2006, 01:24 PM
I havent bought a cd for quite some time.. I buy most of my music in digital format.

warren0728
April 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM
i buy some music digitally online...but as a graphic designer i enjoy checking out the cd packaging...and sometimes buy cd's based soley on the appeal of the design!

ww

duhvoodooman
April 26th, 2006, 02:47 PM
...but as a graphic designer i enjoy checking out the cd packaging...and sometimes buy cd's based soley on the appeal of the design!
I'll bet you end up with your fair share of crummy music in pretty packages! ;) :D

ZoSo65
April 26th, 2006, 02:48 PM
LOL,,You guys are too funny :D :DR :R :cool:

warren0728
April 26th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I'll bet you end up with your fair share of crummy music in pretty packages! ;) :D
some of it sucks...but sometimes i'm pleasantly surprised!

ww

Spudman
April 26th, 2006, 08:39 PM
I like the lyrics Voodoo. That was in 13/8 time, right?

Mark
April 26th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Dont feel alone Zoso. My Strat arrived at 3:45 today and the Fedex facility is about 10 miles from me. So I called this afternoon and asked hey how bout I come pick it up? BUT NOOOOOO their answer was "we get paid to deliver it to you" well if you miss me tommorrow the I will STILL have to come here and get it wont I? I guess commn sense isnt very common. Just another case of them FedEx git me my stuff now blues.

r_a_smith3530
April 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
i buy some music digitally online...but as a graphic designer i enjoy checking out the cd packaging...and sometimes buy cd's based soley on the appeal of the design!

ww

Yeah, I don't know what I'd do without the liner notes. I like to see who's playing on a given track, where it was recorded, you know, stuff like that.

And yes, for the record, I've bought CD's and DVD's off the Internet. In fact, my latest find is Cathy Jean. She got a really good write-up in Blues Revue, so on a chance, I ordered her latest CD, "Little Sick Twist" through Amazon, opting for the "New and Used" section. I got to tell you, it's a fun album, and if the liner notes on this CD don't convert you back to Old Skool, then nothing will!!!

:R :R :R

Hey, I can relate to those "waitin' on the FedEx truck blues" too. Remember my little wait for the G&L bass recently? BTW, that's the first time I ever got a guitar without holding and playing it first.

warren0728
April 27th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Yeah, I don't know what I'd do without the liner notes. I like to see who's playing on a given track, where it was recorded, you know, stuff like that.

me too

my latest find is Cathy Jean. She got a really good write-up in Blues Revue, so on a chance, I ordered her latest CD, "Little Sick Twist" through Amazon, opting for the "New and Used" section. I got to tell you, it's a fun album, and if the liner notes on this CD don't convert you back to Old Skool, then nothing will!!!

cool...i will check it out

ww

duhvoodooman
April 27th, 2006, 05:14 AM
I like the lyrics Voodoo. That was in 13/8 time, right?
Not sure. I can't count that high. Wait a minute--song comin' on!

Feelin' kinda stupid, can't count my way past ten.
Said feelin' pretty stupid, can't count my way past ten.
And I'm tryin' to fit too many words into the last line of this triplet, don't think I should write another complete waste of time blues parody like this again!
OK, I feel better now....

warren0728
April 27th, 2006, 05:18 AM
OK, I feel better now....
i guess that's what's important.....right? :rolleyes:

ww :D

ZoSo65
April 28th, 2006, 05:29 PM
YES! YES! YES! Guess what finally came today?!!!! :D :D :DR
MR. DELTA BLUES 210!!!!
After 10 minutes with it, all I can say is,,I'm glad I made the switch.
The DB 210 sounds better to me by my ears then the ValveKing, and I think I'm saying this based on how I like a vintage sound a tad more then the modern sound. But please don't get me wrong, the ValveKing sounded totally awesome, but there's something about the DB that really catches my ear, I think DVM can vouch for that. ;)

blogan
April 28th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Very cool! :cool:

I remember you returned the VK because it was too loud. How's the DB?

Also, we need pics and clips.

duhvoodooman
April 28th, 2006, 08:00 PM
...but there's something about the DB that really catches my ear, I think DVM can vouch for that. ;)
Sure can! Love the tones I'm getting from my DB. Always looking for more & better ones, but I guess that's human nature. The fact is you can get great chimey, clean tones, as well as some terrific breakup by cranking up that PRE knob on the Lead channel. These are amazing amps for the money! :DR

r_a_smith3530
April 28th, 2006, 08:15 PM
But please don't get me wrong, the ValveKing sounded totally awesome, but there's something about the DB that really catches my ear, I think DVM can vouch for that. ;)

It's that Peavey Classic sound man. I'm here to tell 'ya. I could own a reissue Twin Reverb if I so wanted, but I've never found another guitar amp that does it for me like the Classics. Hartley sure got them right!

Now, if I could only find a great deal on a Classic 400 to run my bass through, I'd be about totally set!

ZoSo65
April 28th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Well, it's 12:43 AM and I just got my "Ibby" home. Of course I can't play it tonight,,LOL,,I need to set it up first. I can't wait to hear it through the DB though, it's bee a long time since "Ibby" has been bleed through a "real" amp ;)

warren0728
April 29th, 2006, 07:15 AM
It's that Peavey Classic sound man.
amen brother....i love my classic 20....great tone and even at 15 watts that sucker is loud!

ww