PDA

View Full Version : In transit

M29
May 22nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
Well... It is blue and in transit and due today.

Type: Package
Rescheduled Delivery: 05/22/2008
Shipped To: COLUMBIAVILLE, MI, US
Shipped/Billed On: 05/19/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 10.50 Lbs

:poke:

M29

ET335
May 22nd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Uh Oh! Another GAS Attack.
Hmmm Lets seeee .a Squire Deluxe Strat?:D

Spudman
May 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
I don't know why you don't just go to the grocery store to get your cantaloupes like everyone else. UPS is going to make a mess of them.

If it is a guitar we'd better see some photos or we'll be sending pictures of tractor dude to your wife.

luvmyshiner
May 22nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
VROOM VROOM . . .

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/20060920174509990046.jpg

Oh, sorry Spud, I was just getting it warmed up a little.:beer:

piebaldpython
May 22nd, 2008, 02:53 PM
It's BLUE???????????? and 10.5 lbs???????????

Damn, sounds like that's a whole boat-load of those special "little blue pills"!!! :rotflmao:

Just bustin' your chops my friend. ahahaha

warren0728
May 22nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
It's BLUE???????????? and 10.5 lbs???????????

Damn, sounds like that's a whole boat-load of those special "little blue pills"!!! :rotflmao:
now that's funny!:beer: :rotflmao:

ww

just strum
May 22nd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Well... It is blue and in transit and due today.

Type: Package
Rescheduled Delivery: 05/22/2008
Shipped To: COLUMBIAVILLE, MI, US
Shipped/Billed On: 05/19/2008
Service: GROUND
Weight: 10.50 Lbs

:poke:

M29

A 10.5- lbs of:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/098-0351-802.jpg

Katastrophe
May 22nd, 2008, 06:47 PM
VROOM VROOM . . .

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/20060920174509990046.jpg

Oh, sorry Spud, I was just getting it warmed up a little.:beer:

You HAD to encourage him, Spud?:thwap:

just strum
May 22nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
You HAD to encourage him, Spud?:thwap:

Trust me, it doesn't take much.

Spudman
May 22nd, 2008, 08:15 PM
So...we are still waiting to find out what your new toy is. If it is another of those inflatable girls we'll understand that we have to wait a while, but if it isn't you'd better tell us what you got before the suspense makes us burst a vessel.

Robert
May 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Are you getting these guys for a private show (I hope they don't arrive by tractor!)

http://www.allegiantair.com/aaImages/shows/BMGdeal.jpg

M29
May 22nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
You guys crack me up, I love this place:D

Well...I received my Celestion Blue today:D This speaker is the dream:rockon: I cannot believe what a difference it makes. It is one of those things where you do not want to stop playing. I have been through a lot of speakers in the last year and I am very happy with this one. My other speakers always sounded somewhat harsh and this one is so smooth and balanced and very defined. I can' t wait to play it some more tomorrow when everyone is gone. One thing I did notice is that is gets into breakup pretty early. I do wish it had more headroom. I guess I will have to get another one.....These babies aren't cheap:thwap:
Now for how it arrived. I came home today and saw it setting on the porch. That is the way UPS usually does it they just leave my stuff on my porch. Sometimes it bugs me and sometimes I am happy that I did not have to be there to sign for it. This time though the box was full of extra tape that was not original. It had tape all over the place and the darn box was still open. I just lifted the flap and the thing came right open. The speaker had no packing and was just flopping around in side. I don't know why it was this way, I have bought a number of Eminence speakers over the last couple years and they have always been packed very well with Styrofoam support all across the basket with the cone protected. I am surprised this speaker did not have any damage. I am going to let MF know how I feel.

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/blueship.jpg

I had trouble finding a Vox Blue in 16 ohms and MF is the only one that had this if I wanted to back order it. They said about two weeks so I thought I would wait on the backorder. This was the beginning of May.
Oh well so much for that. I know I know clips clips clips. I don't play very well yet but I will do a clip because I am so excited about this speaker:rockon:

Thanks for all the fun...you guys crack me up:D

M29

Robert
May 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
What amp are you using this speaker in?

Congrats! We all had good chuckle guesses, at least!

luvmyshiner
May 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Wow M29 that's sweet! And I'm glad your UPS experience turned out better then a few of mine. Maybe Homeland Security opened it to make sure it wasn't a terrorist speaker?

Congrats brother. But I have to admit, I had a few more sweet guesses to make.:D

M29
May 22nd, 2008, 08:50 PM
Oh man I wanted to let you guys stew for a while but gave in. We need to make this a standard happening around here. I thank you Spud for pioneering this type post what a great time we had with your purchase. I hope you don't mind me horning in on your idea. What a great time, you guys and gals crack me up:D Sorry for missing the ladies, I got it right this time guys and gals. You all crack me up.

Oh Robert...I am sorry I almost missed your question. This is with my 18watt GDS. I have this Vox Blue in one cab and an Eminence Texas Heat in another. I have not tried them together yet.

M29

Spudman
May 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
You didn't mention what size your speaker is but you might want to check this out. I've heard good things so far.
http://warehousespeakers.com/proddetail.php?prod=black_blue

M29
May 23rd, 2008, 09:16 AM
Hello,

Well... I put up my first video. It was done rather quickly and the quality and playing is not that great but it was fun non the less. I am getting a clicking sound I did not have on the video, does anyone know what might be causing that?

This is a GDS 18 watt kit I built last winter. I am using only the bottom cab with the Celestion Blue speaker that I am testing, the top cab is not being used in this video. The guitar is my Warmoth Jazzmaster project that has not been setup yet and had a proper nut cut for it so there are some buzzes. The neck and middle pickups are DiMarzio Area 61 (thanks for the tip marnold) and the bridge is a Semour Duncan Pearly Gates. The pickup selector is on the neck/mid position. Please excuse my sloppy playing I kind of rushed it.

wgH9KPCEVBA

Spud, This is a 12 inch speaker. Thank you for the info I did not know Warehouse had an alnico speaker and a blue at that!

M29

M29
May 24th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Hello,

I just thought I would post my experience with MF on the purchase of this speaker. I wrote and email concerned about the way this speaker was packaged and shipped. They emailed back the same day and said they were sorry it happened and that they were giving me a 30.00 credit on my next order. I thought that was pretty good.

M29

Spudman
May 24th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Sounds great. I didn't hear any clicking. Nice job on the amph and guitar.

M29
May 25th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks Spudman! I don't know what the clicking was, I updated the video and I don't get the clicking now.
Thanks again, it is wierd having my playing on youtube, I would have never thought I would ever do that. It is a start I suppose. I will get something better up there soon.

M29