PDA

View Full Version : Indroducing.....me!

Bordeaux
May 22nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Hello All,

I'm new here and just wanted to indroduce myself. My name is David and I hail from Clayton, NC. I have been playing guitar for about 17 years starting out with a sweet (sarcasm) Hondoe Fender Strat knock off and a Crate 50 Watt SS amp that I still have to this day. My Dad being a fantastic guitar player himself bought me the guitar and amp for Christmas.

I started out playing Metallica, Death, Megadeath, Pantera and any other speed, thrash metal I could learn and then as I got older started mellowing out to Nirvana, Alice in Chains and of course the classic rock that I had always listened to because of my father who is a huge Eric Claypton fan.

I never played in a band or did any gigging because I have always been a casual guitar player, never took myself too seriously but did have a quite a few jam sessions with my 3 best friends one being a drummer, a bass player and another guitarist. We never really wrote any music, mostly just played cover tunes.

About 6 months ago, I went to a practice session with a friend from work and was just gonna observe, they had 1 guitarist, 1 drummer and my buddy sang and played bass. Well one thing lead to another and before I knew it, I had my American Fender Strat Blackie Edition around my neck and was playing along. They ended up inviting me to play in the band after it was all said and done. So now I do play in a band and I absolutley love it! It is one of the high points of my week when we get together. We have a blast! We mostly play ZZ Top, Tom Petty, Eric Claypton, Jimmy Hendrix and of course Lynard Skinnard covers.

Like I mentioned above, I now play with a Fender Strat Blackie Edition that my Dad gave to me as a gift (love you Dad!) and I am currently in the process of trying to choose (see my Peavey Delta Blues 210 or Crate V50 thread on the Amps forum) between a Peavey Delta Blues 210 Tube 30 watt and a Crate V50 Tube 50 watt amp. I have never owned a tube amp and it's high time I did.:D

I have 2 sons, 16 and 11 and both love music and guitars. My oldest son just received a Jackson Dinky for Christmas and my younger son has a BC Rich Warlock. Both have Crate SS amps (go figure). My wife sometimes wants to pull her hair out from all the noise but she also knows that guitars are very much a part of my family (my sons are 6th generation guitarist).

Sorry to ramble but I had alot to cover....:rotflmao:

Hope to get to know you guys better and thanks for the time.

Bordeaux9196

Robert
May 22nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Welcome Bordeaux! You like Bordeaux wine? I do. :)

Looks like you'll fit right in here.

:beer:

evenkeel
May 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
Nice introduction. Congrats on playing in a band. Sounds like you have a great, but maybe a a bit noisy, family. :rockon: :bravo:

Welcome!!! :D

Bordeaux
May 22nd, 2008, 12:13 PM
Welcome Bordeaux! You like Bordeaux wine? I do. :)

Looks like you'll fit right in here.

:beer:

That and the Bordeaux cookies from Pepperidge Farm! Still wondering where my cut is from those damn cookies! :D

SuperSwede
May 22nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome!

We love red wine and guitars here.

Tone2TheBone
May 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Welcome. :)

luvmyshiner
May 22nd, 2008, 01:29 PM
Welcome to the fret!

Simon
May 22nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
What a great intro - not rambling at all!! .. it's wonderful that you as a family shares the pleasure of music... WELCOME!

warren0728
May 22nd, 2008, 01:54 PM
welcome bordeaux....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Katastrophe
May 22nd, 2008, 02:03 PM
Finally, someone who plays regularly on a Crate SS amph besides me!

Welcome, Bordeaux!

Spudman
May 22nd, 2008, 02:12 PM
Welcome:wave:

For the record - dipping those cookies is wine is perfectly acceptable around here.

sunvalleylaw
May 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Welcome Bordeaux! Nice intro. I love family music and like to hear what you have going with your new band.

ted s
May 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM
Welcome David ! What a great intro !
Looking forward to hearing/reading more from you.

pes_laul
May 22nd, 2008, 04:30 PM
welcome dude :AOK:

just strum
May 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
Welcome Bordeaux, as already said, I think you will like it here. A lot of us here are parents of kids of all ages and of course we all love to play and we are all from different levels of ability.

Looking forward to discussions with you.

Oh, and as far as we are concerned, you can dip peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in wine. I've had wine and fried eggs, wine and scrambled eggs, so I'm open to different foods with wine. Ok, maybe not twinkies, that is good with Jack Daniels.

snarph
May 22nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yup some old and some young but every body plays and or learning
Great group of human beings hardly an attitude to found

street music
May 22nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
Welcome to great place for those who love good guitar people.

Childbride
May 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
Welcome! this is a wonderful forum, hope you like it here! :)

player
May 22nd, 2008, 10:10 PM
Welcome aboard Bordeaux I know you will like it here.have not met one sour puss yet.partial to soft baked Pepperidge farm cookies myself..absolutely vino crazy too :AOK:

Jipes
May 23rd, 2008, 02:46 AM
Hello Bordeaux Welcome on board ! Great pseudo indeed specially for me the French man ;)

BTW I was wondering if I was the only french in the Fret :confused:

Brian Krashpad
May 23rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
Welcome David! I've got some kin up in NC not too far from you. My folks moved up to Rolesville about 3 years ago, and one of my sisters' family lives near them (maybe in Wake Forest, not sure, still don't have my NC geography down).

It's cool that your boys are taking up guitar. My daughter's learning bass.

oldguy
May 25th, 2008, 12:50 PM
A bit late, but Welcome to TheFret, David!
Nice introduction, nice collection, nice to meet you, and nice to hear you hail from a musical family, as do I. :beer:

Algonquin
May 25th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Welcome to the Fret :AOK:
Cheers :beer:

Iago
May 25th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome David!

mrmudcat
May 27th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Welcome!!!