PDA

View Full Version : What should my next toy be?

Robert
May 22nd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Thinking I need a new toy. Not an expensive amp - I think I'd have to settle for what I have now, for a while. I'm thinking I might need another pedal. I mean, come on, I only have 24 or so of them. :D

What else should I throw some "minor" money at? Some good Lava cables maybe, oh yeah - I need another daisy chain for my 1-Spot Adapter so I can have an obscene number of pedals hooked up at one time, with only one power supply.

I am thinking a nice multieffect for my amp might be cool too. I have a good reverb, but it would be nice to have access to more than that in the fx loop of my amps.

For pedals, I've been contemplating an Octafuzz, Fuzz Factory, some kind of good vibe pedal, EX-7 Expression Factory, or maybe a new wah - Crybaby 95Q, or maybe a RC Booster.

Rabies
May 22nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
A POG seems like it would be wicked fun...:AOK:

sumitomo
May 22nd, 2008, 04:56 PM
I vote for th RC Booster and maybe a ZVEX amp for on the go! Sumi :D

Spudman
May 22nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
TC Electronics G System (http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-System.asp)or

Nova System (http://www.tcelectronic.com/NovaSystem).

Tim
May 22nd, 2008, 06:36 PM
I can only imagine!!!!!

Katastrophe
May 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
I think you could do really cool things with a guitar synth, but methinks they are a tad expensive...

marnold
May 23rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
An EX-7. All the cool kids have one. Come on. You know you want one.

Gil Janus
May 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
The JangleBox (http://janglebox.com/) seems to be very interesting. A little pricey - but you can't let cost get in the way of good GAS :rotflmao:

Gil :cool:

Spudman
May 23rd, 2008, 01:14 PM

:rotflmao: :bravo: :rotflmao: but true.;)

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM

Cool kids is fine, but the more important question is, are there any cool old men (like me) using it? :rotflmao:

Spudman
May 23rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Cool kids is fine, but the more important question is, are there any cool old men (like me) using it? :rotflmao:

None that are still living. Most of them give out by the time...well...just thank your industrial sized veins.

Guitar Gal
May 23rd, 2008, 04:27 PM
I think you need to pursue your quest for a guitar with humbuckers :rockon:

Get the Hagstrom Robert.....you know you want one........:poke:

GG

luvmyshiner
May 23rd, 2008, 04:46 PM

It's all a matter of perspective my friend. Here's a picture of Strum and I at our last High School reunion.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/two-old-men-park548x361.gif

Now shut the hell up ya' young punk and go get that Hagstrum like GG suggested.
:rockon: <--how come we don't have an "old man rockin' out" icon????

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 06:11 PM
Shiner, which one of you passed out first, and why?

luvmyshiner
May 23rd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Shiner, which one of you passed out first, and why?

It was Strum . . . he had gas . . . not the good kind.:poke:

Epiphone
May 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
What type of distortion pedal should I get? Everyone I have talked to so far says I should get a Boss Metal Zone, but I want to see what everyone else has to say. Any suggestions?

dws
May 23rd, 2008, 07:14 PM
Not to go back on topic or anything :D, but...

I'm not sure if 600$ (U.S.) is near what your looking to spend in the money department, but there are 2 Marshall amps that are availible...phenomenally versatile with vast ranges of sound qualities in every genre. The two models are:

1) Marhsall MG100HDFX/MG412 Slant Cab Half Stack

2) Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 Half Stack with Digital Effects (the better buy imho).

Just my little bit of imput.

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
I'm just not a fan of the MG series Marshalls. If I were to get a Marshall, I'd save up and get a used Jubilee or perhaps a Vintage Modern. But then we are talking plenty of dough.

Rabies
May 23rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
So have we given you any good ideas yet? What are you leaning towards?

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 08:01 PM
Ummm.... it will probably be cables and a pedal of some sort.... hmm....
:whatever: (oops)

Rabies
May 23rd, 2008, 08:09 PM
Ummm.... it will probably be cables and a pedal of some sort.... hmm....
:whatever: (oops)

Any hint as to what type of pedal? Dirt, mod, etc.? :confused:

Inquiring minds...:AOK:

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Well... I don't know yet! That's what the whole thread is supposed to help me with! :deadhorse:

Rabies
May 23rd, 2008, 08:23 PM
Well... I don't know yet! That's what the whole thread is supposed to help me with! :deadhorse:

So you're getting a POG, right? :deadhorse:

:rotflmao:

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 08:24 PM
POG? Is that a Piece Of Grit?! :) :D

Rabies
May 23rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
POG? Is that a Piece Of Grit?! :) :D

No. Picture Of Girls. :beer:

marnold
May 24th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Well, Robert, my definition of "kids" has changed a bit over the past couple of years. It now means, "Those who aren't, you know, technically dead."

Robert
May 29th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I am thinking I need a new pedalboard and some more daisy chain cables for my 1-Spot adapter.

Anyone got experience with http://www.pedaltrain.com/ ?
Seems like nice pedalboards.

I have been using my home made pedalboard for years. It's made out of a suit case. It's starting to fall apart, and I'm thinking I'll skip the handyman approach this time.

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Get some more games for your Xbox! Or a Zvex Fuzz Factory...the fancy fun painted one!

Tone2TheBone
May 29th, 2008, 09:00 PM
PS - That Pedaltrain Pro is coooooool get that one.

Robert
May 30th, 2008, 07:24 AM
The Pedaltrain Pro looks huge. I think the PT-2 would be enough for me. I should get that hard case for it too, in case some one gives me a hard case about how I transport my pedals... ; :twap:

Tone2TheBone
May 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
The Pedaltrain Pro looks huge. I think the PT-2 would be enough for me. I should get that hard case for it too, in case some one gives me a hard case about how I transport my pedals... ; :twap:

If you get the Pedaltrain Pro you could always pack your running shoes inside it too. ;)

sunvalleylaw
May 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
The PT-2 looks really cool. I have been thinking of a "build my own" one like Robert has, and currently just carry the ones I want in an old softside laptop case. I think a large enough laptop case could do me just fine if I found one, for less dough.

Yep, I just looked, you can find soft side laptop cases for cheap on fleabay. If I got one more of those, I could carry all my stompboxes and my wah, looper etc. in two cases and connect them with a short cable. I like that PT-2, but don't want to spend $200 on a case.

Robert
June 1st, 2008, 04:24 PM
Well I ordered another 1-spot multi-plug 5 cable.
The Pedaltrain is on my list now. Just have to figure out what the best way to get one would be. Shipping with the hard case is quite expensive. I've been quoted $40 for that. I'm hoping I can find some Canadian dealer for a Pedaltrain.

Kazz
June 1st, 2008, 05:52 PM
What type of distortion pedal should I get? Everyone I have talked to so far says I should get a Boss Metal Zone, but I want to see what everyone else has to say. Any suggestions?

Typically the rule is....start your own thread on your topic instead of piggy backing on someone elses...it helps reduce confusion...and with the suggestions of what distortion pedal is right for whom....the list can be long and distinguished.....but most here would agree....Duhvoodooman's Zonkin Yellow Screamer seems to be the best.