PDA

View Full Version : How to save a guitar video with Windows Movie Maker

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
Windows Movie Maker works great for making simple videos.

This is the method I recommend for creating videos for putting on youtube and similar sites.

Follow the instructions here - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/moviemaker/create/savetopc.mspx

But when you save the file, choose "Show more choices..."
then choose "Other settings: Video for broadband (512 Kbps)".

Then when the file is saved, you can upload it to a file storing service like Box.net. The easiest is probably to put it on Youtube. You can use the embed function on the Fret, if it is a youtube video. Otherwise, you can just create link to the video file.

Box.net and Youtube are free to join by the way, as most of us know already.

Fore more Movie Maker Tutorials, check here - http://www.WindowsMovieMakers.net/

Robert

thearabianmage
May 23rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Hey dude, I have one question, even though it doesn't directly relate to WMM.

If you couldn't notice, my camera is in my laptop monitor and the microphone acts funny. So what I do to record my videos is I have Sonar PE6 open as well as NeroVision (which captures the video)

I record the movie silent because my Pod can only be used by one program at a time, so when I press record on Nero, I quickly switch over to Sonar and press record. Then I have to sync them later on, which usually goes alright.

But here's my problem: if I were to just try and record using the camera and the mic in the computer, the sound does something funny: it echoes, but each echo gets louder and louder until the speakers sound like they will bust. I nearly dropped my guitars the last time that happened, the pitch was so high. But it didn't do that when I first got it.

I noticed that the audio is default at 'LC AAC - 80kbit/s' and if I were to move this right down to 16kbit and turn the volume down a bit in the Nero program, then the echo isn't so bad, but is still there, and annoying. Do you know what the problem could be?

Cheers

Oh, and, I think you've guessed right. I am very new to WMM :D

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 08:31 AM
That's a feedback issue. You can solve that by turning down the volume on your laptop speakers as you record.

thearabianmage
May 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
That's a feedback issue. You can solve that by turning down the volume on your laptop speakers as you record.

Give me a bit of credit :D

I've tried that

I also went into the Control Panel and turned off all of the effects (echoes, delays, etc.) that are default on playback. No joy.

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 04:23 PM
Get a cheap digital camcorder. I use a Sony which uses Mini-DV tapes - works really well.

thearabianmage
May 23rd, 2008, 04:38 PM
Get a cheap digital camcorder. I use a Sony which uses Mini-DV tapes - works really well.

That requires money and job (ever been to Cheddar?)

It worked before, it should again. I'm determined!

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM
I thought you wrote "I worked before, I should again"... which actually sounds like a pretty darn good idea to me! :AOK:

thearabianmage
May 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
I thought you wrote "I worked before, I should again"... which actually sounds like a pretty darn good idea to me! :AOK:

Let me ask again. . .Have you ever been to Cheddar? :D

I've worked in a fish n chip shop, cheese factory, curry house, tourist shops, £ store, grocery stores, convenience stores, several pubs. . . I have no problem working. But it's Cheddar. Not America (aka the 'Land of Opportunity' for a reason!)

Cheers for the support, though. :AOK:

Robert
May 23rd, 2008, 06:30 PM
Sounds like there HAS to be a good cheese factory there! Build a cheese empire and you're all set, mate.

thearabianmage
May 23rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Sounds like there HAS to be a good cheese factory there! Build a cheese empire and you're all set, mate.

HAHA! Dude, the cheese factory here is awesome! If you have never had actual Cheddar, which if you've never been to Cheddar than chances are you haven't, you are seriously missing out!!!

Thank the Gods for the internet, eh?

http://www.cheddargorgecheeseco.co.uk/index.php

That is where I worked. The cheese is expensive. It's worth it.

Real Cheddar is absolutely not bright orange - and it breaks far less consistently than 'American Cheddar' (a lot of crumbs, etc). Plus it has much more natural flavor from being matured in 'rind' (which is actually part of the process of cheddaring cheese - thus it's name. Cheddar refers not only to the town it was 'invented' but also to the process with which it's made) which is why calling the cheese in America 'cheddar' is similar to calling a hammer-on a 'slide'.

I hope you believe me when I say I worked there.

Buy some cheese, it's lovely. I recommend vintage (if you like strong 'tangy' cheese) and mild if you just like cheese.

:rockon:

marnold
May 24th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Sorry, but all this talk of cheese reminds me of . . .

B3KBuQHHKx0

Algonquin
May 24th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the tips Rob... I just bought a Canon MiniDV a couple of weeks ago. The prices on these cameras are really affordable now. I haven't used it that much, but was interested in learning a bit more about movie maker. Thanks for the post.

David

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry, but all this talk of cheese reminds me of . . .

Hey, hey!!! Monty Python! John Cleese is from a town called Weston-Super-Mare which is about a 20 minute drive from me. Very funny man. All of them are, really!