PDA

View Full Version : Is everybody pickin'?

gpower
April 27th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Hi to all,

I'm a 50 yr. old player who played some in bands as a teen then put my guitar in the closet for many years. I'd take it out, dust it off, and beat on it once in a while but, wasn't really motivated to play.

In the last year or so, I've gotten the inspiration back to play and learn. It's a slow process.

Although I listen to and enjoy many genres of music, my focus has always been electric blues and blues based rock.

Last year I began buying parts off eBay and assembling Strats. I owned one back in the late sixties(sure wish I had it now), and have always liked their versatility.

My current collection of gear is:

Fender DG 14Sce acoustic
Fender Custom Tele FMT HH
Fender MIA Strat - Black, rosewood, vintage trem and pups.
Fender MIA Strat - Crimson transparent, maple, vintage trem, Custom Shop Texas Specials.
Fender MIA Strat - Sapphire Blue transparent, rosewood, vintage trem, Rio Grande Vintage Tallboys.
Fender MIJ Squier Strat - Mid 80's, Olympic White, Mia vintage trem, MIA std pups.
Traynor YCV-20 JJ retube and soon to have Weber ceramic Blue Dog
Dunlop JH-1
Boss BD-2
Boss TU-2
Boss ME-30
Yamaha MagicStomp

Projects in various stages of assembly:

Fender MIA Strat - Vintage Blonde, Warmoth Pro rosewood, Callaham hardware, Kinman's.
Fender Custom Shop body, Warmoth or Custom Shop neck, and Custom Shop 54 or 57/62 pups.

I'm looking forward to meeting folks on here and talking about music and gear.

blogan
April 27th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Gpower, welcome! I think you'll like it here.

That's quite a collection of guitars. Looks like your ebay hunts have been successful. Which one(s) do you find yourself playing the most?

Spudman
April 27th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Welcome aboard Gpower.
You sound like a lot of us so you'll have a fine time fitting in here. Dust off your sense of humor too. It gets pretty funny around here at times.
Enjoy.

warren0728
April 28th, 2006, 05:07 AM
hey gpower,
this is a great forum but it looks like you will need to get a few more guitars if you really want to play good!! :D

All kidding aside (just for this moment) welcome aboard....i think you will like it here!

ww

duhvoodooman
April 28th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Howdy, gpower. Glad to have you here. That's quite a collection of Strats you've got going there! Photos, man, we need photos!! Want to hear all about that Traynor amp, too.

Hey, Spuds, looks like you may have some serious competition in the "Strataholic" category! :DR

Spudman
April 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Maybe we can go through the 12 step/half step program together?

Tone2TheBone
April 28th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Welcome Gpower. Nice to see some Strats with sweet pickups around here. :)

marnold
April 28th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Actually, I'm more "grinnin'".

Mark
April 29th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Welcome G! I just joined up here recently, pretty much similar story to you. Bunch of helpful geezers as well as geezer's in training around here.

Cheers!!

Robert
April 29th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Welcome gpower, some nice strats you've got there. You'll fit in here like hand in glove.

M29
June 7th, 2006, 05:06 AM
Welcome Gpower, I think you will like it here. I have just recently picked up a Squier Strat and just love the sound, I have been pretty much a Gibson guy in the past but I like them both now. You have a nice collection going there, I can't believe what I have missed not playing a Strat years ago.

M29

Tim
June 7th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Welcome Gpower,

Your never to old to re-learn. I am 57 and just learning to play.

oldguy
June 11th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Welcome, gpower! Glad to have you aboard. Sorry so late with a welcome, I work construction away from home and only get back on weekends (if I'm lucky)!:D :D