PDA

View Full Version : The Eagle has landed!!!

Mark
April 27th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Mr. FredEX showed up today with my new EC signature Strat. For those that didnt read my first post here last week I havent played in about twenty years and all I can say is wow Im in love with this thing! The feel of the action along with the endless sounds I can get with this axe and the Vox are just too much to put in words at the moment.

What was also neat is next Tues. is my 14th anniversary so when my wife came home I had her open the case to check out the guitar well I blindsided her. When she opened the case hanging off the cut away with the beautiful Black Strat as the background was a emerald and diamond pendant for her anniversary present. What a great day I consider myself one lucky guy for all this good fortune. Oh I asked my boss for tommorrow off and since and I work for the nicest guy I know ME!!LOL I got the day off! So I will be in a conference all day with Mr. Fender and Mr. Vox!

Spudman
April 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Yippie! Rock on and happy anniversary.

Um, I like emeralds too. :rolleyes:

warren0728
April 28th, 2006, 05:12 AM
sounds like you are a very smart man....i have learned to let the misses have the stuff she wants so she doesn't complain when i get the stuff i want!

As for bosses....i work for myself too so in honor of your self given day off i'm going to take today off too....besides i'm taking my 9 year old son to see BB King tonight at the House of Blues....don't want to spoil the day with work!

ww

Mark
April 28th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Warren why go ahead and take Monday off as well, Oh and Spud you too, take a couple of days off. This will give ya time to go shoppin for some emeralds you like LOL.

tremoloman
May 3rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Congrats on your EJ! I tried one of those at GC... if I could spare the cash I would snag one in a heartbeat. One of the best sounding Strat tones I've ever heard and it is a thing of beauty. :)

warren0728
May 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
hey mark...now that you've had thing for a few days...what do you think...still lovin it?

ww

tremoloman
May 5th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Congrats on your return to the music world! Remember that guitar is like a drug... once you start playing you won't be able to stop! :)

Tim
May 5th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Mark,

Congratulations on the new ax. Sounds like two happy puppies in the same house (not to be confused with a dog house). Keep us posted on your progression.

Happy belated Anniversary!

jpfeifer
May 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Hi Mark,

Congratulations on the EC Strat. I have one of the older EC Strats from back when they were still using lace sensor pickups. I've had it for about 7 years now. I love it. That V-shaped maple neck is really nice. I've been considering updating it with some of the noise-less pickups. It sounds great through the Vox amp. When you turn up that mid-boost you get more of a Les Paul kind of tone. That's the one feature that I really like on that guitar.

Have fun with it.

-- Jim

duhvoodooman
May 5th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Congrats, indeed! I have an '89 Strat Plus, which is very similar to the early EC model--lace sensor p'ups, locking tunes, roller nut. Love it to death! I guess the EC model switched over to the Vintage Noiseless p'ups in 2001 or so, I guess. But I still think of mine as a "poor man's EC Strat"! I'm sure you're gonna love it more each time you play it....