PDA

View Full Version : I think the joker laughs at me

Rabies
May 24th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Because I'm still a choking smoker...:thwap:

Wicked addiction, folks.

On a lighter note, I have to mow grass today. I needed gas...just a little. So I figured I would just get gas with what little cash I had on hand. Which happened to be $4.00. I couldn't even get a complete gallon of regular unleaded.

Beyond words...:confused:

aeolian
May 24th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I'm not a smoker, but I sympathize with the addition. How about quitting smoking and use the money saved for gas? Sounds to me to be a win-win, that is if you actually want to quit.

WackyT
May 24th, 2008, 10:55 AM
How much is regular unleaded in Kentucky? We're up to 3.79 here in CO.

Spudman
May 24th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Quitting smoking would be the best thing that you could do for yourself and your family...but do you guys really pay for gas? Just asking.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Junk/57658267.jpg

just strum
May 24th, 2008, 11:11 AM
...but do you guys really pay for gas? Just asking.
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w149/srspud/Junk/57658267.jpg

I see an infomercial. With all the gas saving gadgets, you could get a good six month run out of this and make a fortune. Of course in the end you would be hiring SVL to sort of clean up.

just strum
May 24th, 2008, 11:12 AM
How much is regular unleaded in Kentucky? We're up to 3.79 here in CO.

I paid $4.10 on Thursday, but I would say the average is $4.00 here in Ohio. I had no choice, I was driving on fumes.

just strum
May 24th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Because I'm still a choking smoker...:thwap:

Wicked addiction, folks.

Probably one of the worst.
Thirty-six hours
Rolling in pain
Praying to someone
Free me again

Oh Ill be a good boy
Please make me well
I promise you anything
Get me out of this hell

Cold turkey has got me on the run

-John Lennon

sumitomo
May 25th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Now if ya switched your diet to refried beans you could use that hose and run on fumes right on past the gas station! Sumi:D

ZMAN
May 25th, 2008, 06:03 PM
We are paying 4.53 a US Gallon in Canada our imperial gallon is 5.67. 1.259 per litre.

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 06:07 PM
We are paying 4.53 a US Gallon in Canada our imperial gallon is 5.67. 1.259 per litre.

I don't know exactly how much petrol costs in England because I don't drive (failed the practical 3 times and my theory ran out so I have to do everything over again - and before anyone says it - driving in England is approximately 1000x harder than driving in America, and that is by no means hyperbole!!!)

But I can tell you, petrol over here is around 3-5 times more expensive per litre than it would be in the States. Just consider yourselves lucky.

WackyT
May 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I don't know exactly how much petrol costs in England because I don't drive (failed the practical 3 times and my theory ran out so I have to do everything over again - and before anyone says it - driving in England is approximately 1000x harder than driving in America, and that is by no means hyperbole!!!)

But I can tell you, petrol over here is around 3-5 times more expensive per litre than it would be in the States. Just consider yourselves lucky.

Agree with that. You guys were going over $5 / Gal when I was over there '98 - '01 @ RAF Lakenheath. And we're screaming now approaching $4 / Gal here in Colorado. Gotta feel sorry for those people driving solo in those dually pickups.

Tim
May 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I was a chain smoke2 back in the 60s and 70s. 1.5 packs a day. I quit after getting married and my 5 year old daughter climbed on my lap and asked me to please stop smoking. It seems she did not want me to die of cancer. That was back in 1983. So I quit and I now dislike the smell of tobacco smoke.

Now for the next question. How much money would you have for gas if you did not smoke. I understand that a pack of cigarettes goes for around $4.00 each.

For your future health and quality of life, stop smoking now and live longer to cut more grass (lawn grass that is).

Tim
May 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Agree with that. You guys were going over $5 / Gal when I was over there '98 - '01 @ RAF Lakenheath. And we're screaming now approaching $4 / Gal here in Colorado. Gotta feel sorry for those people driving solo in those dually pickups.

I was in Slovakia and Czech Republic back in 2005. They were paying $7.00 back then. Ouch!!!

Spudman
May 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM
The bummer is that America was built on cheap gas. Our population spread out and didn't think anything of it because it was easy and cheap to go see friends and family in other states and towns.

This is going to make us become a bit more remote from each other. Oh well, at least we have the phone and now I won't be forced into going to the in-laws when I don't want to. "It's too expensive" is my excuse.