PDA

View Full Version : Group Shot

just strum
May 24th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I was attempting to get a new desktop photo and still have to do a little adjusting and probably wait for some morning lighting, but here's the current group - distant and a little zoom.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture239.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture240.jpg

luvmyshiner
May 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Great lookin' family there Strum.:beer:

HEY, you have as many guitars as I do! This won't work, looks like I need to buy another guitar.:bravo:

Rabies
May 24th, 2008, 05:07 PM
How you dig that Peavey Tele? I dig the looks...How's it play and sound?

dws
May 24th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hey, is that Lucille?

warren0728
May 24th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Hey, is that Lucille?
lucille doesn't have f holes....must be her sister!

ww

just strum
May 24th, 2008, 06:56 PM
How you dig that Peavey Tele? I dig the looks...How's it play and sound?

So far, so good. I'm getting some nice sound out of it. Running through the RP350 I am finding some really nice tones.

It still needs to be worked on, but it's getting there.

Great lookin' family there Strum.:beer:

HEY, you have as many guitars as I do! This won't work, looks like I need to buy another guitar.:bravo:

Oh, please don't buy another, I'm tapped out and can't keep up. A little over a year ago it was one electric and I believe four acoustics.

Hey, is that Lucille?

I wish!!!

lucille doesn't have f holes....must be her sister!

ww

I never knew that or never noticed it.

tjcurtin1
May 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Oh, please don't buy another, I'm tapped out and can't keep up. A little over a year ago it was one electric and I believe four acoustics.

Good God A-mighty, Strum - you done gone crazy! How many fingers can one man have...?

Of course, in comparison to some of the other guys around here, you seem sane, chaste and reasonable.

Beautiful herd.....

just strum
May 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Good God A-mighty, Strum - you done gone crazy! How many fingers can one man have...?

Of course, in comparison to some of the other guys around here, you seem sane, chaste and reasonable.

Beautiful herd.....

Thanks TJ.

I keep on thinking about doing a little thinning, but the only ones I would get rid of are the Squier and the Epi SG. I would take a hit on both, but those are the only two at the moment I think I could part with. The Squier would be close to a freebie and the SG I would most likely lose money. A trade would probably be a better option when it comes to the SG.

I was kicking around the idea of selling the Ibanez ARC300, but I've been playing it and taking it as my lessons guitar. I've grown a new attachment to it.

I am at the point that I will have to sell in order to buy.

Kazz
May 25th, 2008, 07:00 AM
If you decide you want to get rid of that squire...at a low price....or a freebie:-)

I have a 16 year old son that could certainly get some mileage out of it.

street music
May 25th, 2008, 07:24 AM
Nice collection strum, I would like to add another but really should learn to play what I have before collecting another, plus I want an acoustic amp.

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 07:28 AM
If you decide you want to get rid of that squire...at a low price....or a freebie:-)

I have a 16 year old son that could certainly get some mileage out of it.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Smiley/gotpm.gif

wingsdad
May 25th, 2008, 10:10 AM
... I was kicking around the idea of selling the Ibanez ARC300, but I've been playing it and taking it as my lessons guitar. I've grown a new attachment to it.

I am at the point that I will have to sell in order to buy.

My, oh my, Strum :) how you have morphed ;) from the acoustic to the 'dark' side :thwap:

As for the ARC300, I feel a bit guilty about that one...and you know why. :poke: It's a really nice 'LP' type, different in a postive way in that it has that fine-tuner tailpiece and the 'pickup blender' circuitry instead of sep tone pots for each pup.

As you know me well, as a Looney Guitar Hunter & Trader, just as you've come to that point, my ARC300 became a trade-in commodity a month after I got it and upgraded the pots'. It went first even-up for a used Epi LP Standard, which in turn became part a few weeks later of a 2-guitar swap with the used-but-almost-new Fender Am Vintage Series '62 RI Strat (that cost me a Gibson BluesHawk that appreciated in value by about 15% in the 2 years I had it, and a couple of Benjamins) even up for my G&L Comanche.

I may have 'taken a small hit' on paper in the deal. But, in the end, I got more guitar in that one for the money, to me, one that kicks both their butts together. And I couldn't have gotten it any other way. And I didn't lay out a cent of hard cash for it.

To the point: if the SG & Squier have outlived their appeal to you, and if something comes along that knocks your socks off and you'd prefer to the ARC300, don't think about them as losing you money. They may have depreciated in value, but just as with a car, that 'loss' was/is your 'cost to own them' for the period of time you did.

tjcurtin1
May 25th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hmmmm... if, as some of you seem to feel (and 'Lucille' certainly indicates, at least in one case), that a guitar should be considered a 'she', then perhaps I should have said "Nice harem" instead of 'Nice herd"....

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
My, oh my, Strum :) how you have morphed ;) from the acoustic to the 'dark' side :thwap:

As for the ARC300, I feel a bit guilty about that one...and you know why. :poke: It's a really nice 'LP' type, different in a postive way in that it has that fine-tuner tailpiece and the 'pickup blender' circuitry instead of sep tone pots for each pup.

To this day, I have no regrets of making that purchase. It remains a fun guitar to play, good sound and tone, easy to play and an eye catcher when I take it to lessons. The fact that they are no longer in production makes it even more difficult to part with, but for the right price....

Hmmmm... if, as some of you seem to feel (and 'Lucille' certainly indicates, at least in one case), that a guitar should be considered a 'she', then perhaps I should have said "Nice harem" instead of 'Nice herd"....

I could never get use to calling them her or she, and I don't name my guitars. They are "its" and if they had names it would be Guitar 1, Guitar 2....but their friends would refer them a guit 1, guit 2 or just G1, G2,...

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM
You don't name your guitars? Can I ask how you perceive your guitars? In terms of - do you think they are just pieces of wood with strings, or do you see them as an outlet for expression (emotional, intellectual, or otherwise)?

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 12:41 PM
You don't name your guitars? Can I ask how you perceive your guitars? In terms of - do you think they are just pieces of wood with strings, or do you see them as an outlet for expression (emotional, intellectual, or otherwise)?

they are ways of expression, without me they eventually go out of tune, components rust and wood will rot. They have no way of being self sufficient and unable to make a sound without me.

They come with names Strat, Dot, Tele...

If I told you to hand me Betsy which guitar would you hand me? If I told you to hand me my Strat, would you give me the Dot?

They already have names and they are objects. If I was to lose one, it wouldn't be the end of the world. BTW, I don't name my cars either.:D

piebaldpython
May 26th, 2008, 06:36 AM
Hey Strum, I can't name my guits either. Must be a Northern thing in us, in that it "already" has a name; i.e. the Black Strat!!! That's a mighty nice herd that you have. I'm thinking of adding a lap steel to mine; maybe a tricone in the future too!!

thearabianmage
May 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM
they are ways of expression, without me they eventually go out of tune, components rust and wood will rot. They have no way of being self sufficient and unable to make a sound without me.

If I told you to hand me Betsy which guitar would you hand me? If I told you to hand me my Strat, would you give me the Dot?

They already have names and they are objects. If I was to lose one, it wouldn't be the end of the world. BTW, I don't name my cars either.:D

I see what you mean, totally (I haven't named all of my giddyfiddles, just the ones that are special to me)

The reason is because Bessie is my friend. It's this friendship which I feel connects us - it graduates her from wood strings 'n' rust to an embodiment or a manifestation of my desires musically, creatively, intellectually, etc. This connection, I feel, is very important with anything you do.

I know I have also mentioned many times that I am an artist. On a similar note, I don't name my pens and pencils, but I still try and hold this connection. It's not just a piece of plastic tubing with pigmented ink or strips of graphite lead. It's a means of connecting my inside with the outside. See?

But everyone does work in their own ways, do what suits you best. :dude:

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I see what you mean, totally (I haven't named all of my giddyfiddles, just the ones that are special to me)

The reason is because Bessie is my friend. It's this friendship which I feel connects us - it graduates her from wood strings 'n' rust to an embodiment or a manifestation of my desires musically, creatively, intellectually, etc. This connection, I feel, is very important with anything you do.

I know I have also mentioned many times that I am an artist. On a similar note, I don't name my pens and pencils, but I still try and hold this connection. It's not just a piece of plastic tubing with pigmented ink or strips of graphite lead. It's a means of connecting my inside with the outside. See?

But everyone does work in their own ways, do what suits you best. :dude:

It's not that they don't have names, I just let them keep their birth names. When I reach for my Strat or talk about my Strat it's with intent because I know what it can do and/or I am trying to capture a specific sound (even as a beginner, I have sounds I strive for).

I have no problem with people naming their guitars, but it just never was my thing. Hell, if people didn't name guitars we would be saying things like "you know, that black guitar BB King uses".

thearabianmage
May 26th, 2008, 07:15 AM
It's not that they don't have names, I just let them keep their birth names. When I reach for my Strat or talk about my Strat it's with intent because I know what it can do and/or I am trying to capture a specific sound (even as a beginner, I have sounds I strive for).

I have no problem with people naming their guitars, but it just never was my thing. Hell, if people didn't name guitars we would be saying things like "you know, that black guitar BB King uses".

It's all good!

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 12:28 PM
After trying to figure out how to get a bigger photo posted, here is the shot again. Gone is the Squier, headed one state east of Ohio.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture249-1.jpg

Brian Krashpad
May 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM

This works both ways though.

If I asked you to hand me my "Tele," which of these would you hand me?

http://static.flickr.com/33/64187960_82afefb188.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/25/64208937_f659426fdf.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/43/90598563_113a47e647.jpg

:D

Conversely, if I asked you to hand me "Brownie," I'd bet I'd get the right one. Also, even if I didn't, saying "Brownie" is a lot easier than saying her "birth name," "Fender Tex-Mex Telecaster Special."

Brian Krashpad
May 27th, 2008, 07:32 AM
After trying to figure out how to get a bigger photo posted, here is the shot again. Gone is the Squier, headed one state east of Ohio.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture249-1.jpg

It just struck me that neither your Strat nor your Tele are the trad pickup configurations. Do you like the trad configurations less, or were your choices more a matter of price and availability of these particular models?

just strum
May 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
It just struck me that neither your Strat nor your Tele are the trad pickup configurations. Do you like the trad configurations less, or were your choices more a matter of price and availability of these particular models?

The Strat was availability. That one was Plank's American Deluxe that he mod to an HSS. I like the sound and love the overall guitar - it's a keeper. As for the Tele, it was the only one available at $149. Again, I like the sound and the feel, but really have no experience with Tele's for a comparison (see Ugly thread).

Plank_Spanker
May 27th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Good to hear that the honeymoon was good with the Strat. :D