PDA

View Full Version : classic quotes

Childbride
May 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM
right now, Shiner is talking to Bodie [the byproxy]. ok, you have to revert to frat mentality, he lived here for four years during college at Baylor.

i just actually heard him [Shiner] say as he was flipping through the channels...

'hey, so i hear they are coming out with Titanic II'... :rotflmao:

i won't divulge what other gems are coming out of the other room. they aren't appropriate for forumspeak... although i am laughing too hard to type.

but what hysterical comments have come out of family speak in your world? things come up all the time that just make you giggle. if you would indulge me, share. :)

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 11:25 AM
On my friend's 22nd birthday a few days ago, his girlfriend was driving home (they live together with his parents. . .) and she saw a car upside down in the road, with a hand laying flat. She went over and asked the dude if he was alright, only to find most of his brain on the other side of the road.

Then last night, I went to a pub where this very very quiet, shy, 'special' kid was having a drink (18 is legal age) and he had just killed two crows, which he was proudly showing off. Later on he killed a very small rabbit, and when someone made a joke about skinning it, he did. Then held it's body right in my face.

Oh sorry. . .these aren't actually that funny. I'm just a little upset.

oldguy
May 25th, 2008, 02:16 PM
I got the Titanic II thing....... I think. I think I'd rather wait for Hindenberg II tho....... I'm not a good swimmer.
Killing and skinning animals....... well, if they're not being targeted for the dinner table, that's just wrong, and I'd be upset too.
Everyone has a different sense of humor, I guess. Some get the inside jokes, and sometimes you just have to be there.
Working construction, I hear some off-the-wall things fairly often.
A dry sense of humor helps. Some of the old hands are so used to it they don't bat an eye, just give a matter of fact reply......

"I hear she's pregnant"........ "That dozer caught fire and burnt"......."He got caught stealing and they fired him"......."Showed up hungover, puking their guts up"....."Didn't make it to the Johnny, sh!t his pants and had to go home"....... "Wrote a check w/ his mouth his as$ couldn't cash, took a beating"....... that type of exciting commentary that never fails to bolster one's faith in humanity.
The standard reply.......
"That kinda thing's gonna happen on a job this size......" :rotflmao:

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
No, it was killing animals for fun, which I really don't like. Don't get me wrong, I'm no animal hugger - but death is not something anyone should play with, whether it's with humans or animals. And rubbing a skinned rabbit corpse in my face before popping a crow's eye out of its skull and then actually popping it all over me is not a laughing matter, dry humor or not. The kid was seriously messed up.

In fact, there haven't been many pleasant things to have happened to me as of late. . .

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 02:48 PM
In fact, there haven't been many pleasant things to have happened to me as of late. . .

You found thefret.net;)

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 02:54 PM
And then I was accused of being sexist and racist, which absolutely horrified me.

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I'll admit, I'm sure that particular post could've been taken many ways (I can't even remember what I wrote) but those were not my intentions!!!

Rabies
May 25th, 2008, 02:55 PM
And then I was accused of being sexist and racist, which absolutely horrified me.

After the pub incident???

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
After the pub incident???

No, here on thefret. I wrote some message when I was drunk and a lady took offense to it as well as southerners who didn't care to notice that I live, and was subsequently talking about, people in southern England, of which I am the only person I know on this forum from the south of England.

It was bad times, really.

oldguy
May 25th, 2008, 03:38 PM
I think I understand....... I've never done a thing I can remember when I was drunk or angry that I've been really proud of........ but I didn't know it at the time......... confusion rules when I'm wasted, and I'm not able to defend myself if I don't know what I did, if that makes sense......:confused:

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I think I understand....... I've never done a thing I can remember when I was drunk or angry that I've been really proud of........ but I didn't know it at the time......... confusion rules when I'm wasted, and I'm not able to defend myself if I don't know what I did, if that makes sense......:confused:

We can't see ourselves as others can, especially when we are drunk. I didn't know I said anything wrong, and I had no harmful intentions with whatever it was I said, but someone took it that way. Someone saw me in a way I can't see myself, and it sounds like the same happened to you. It must've happened to us all at some point or another.

oldguy
May 25th, 2008, 03:51 PM
We can't see ourselves as others can, especially when we are drunk. I didn't know I said anything wrong, and I had no harmful intentions with whatever it was I said, but someone took it that way. Someone saw me in a way I can't see myself, and it sounds like the same happened to you. It must've happened to us all at some point or another.

Maybe not all of us, but certainly me, yes. And when faced with that ugly truth about myself, I took some very good advice, and decided to play guitar..........wholeheartedly, completely, consumingly, and let it sweep me away entirely. I find nothing as absorbing to mind, body, and soul than to play those strings and let it all go. Honestly, that's how I feel.:AOK:

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 03:52 PM

I think it's a case of having to been in that condition to fully understand - yep, I get it:D

thearabianmage
May 25th, 2008, 04:03 PM
As long as that outlet is there, that's all that matters. . .

Has anyone here ever tried to draw?

sunvalleylaw
May 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, lets please move this discussion somewhere else out of CB's thread if you please. thearabianmage, I do not believe anyone here thinks you are racist or sexist, at least from your participation so far. We simply like to respect each other here. You have been making good contributions to the group. Please let's move on.

Further discussion, if necessary, should be in another thread. Thanks in advance. BTW, I wish I could play like you. :) :beer:

oldguy
May 25th, 2008, 06:19 PM
You are right, Steve. Enough.
But, "That kind of thing's gonna happen on a job this size."

sunvalleylaw
May 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
You bet folks. Understood.