PDA

View Full Version : Washburn D-10

TS808
May 25th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I was out yesterday and stopped in a local music store as I've been thinking about buying an acoustic lately. The local store carries alot of off brands and low-end (price wise) guitars, both acoustic and electric, so I really didn't expect that I would see anything I was interested in.

The store owner gave me a Washburn D-10 to noodle with for a bit..he recommended it, and had it on sale for $275, and offered to throw in a strap and a set of strings...okay, I was skeptical because of the price until I tried it.

I have to say, I was impressed with the tone AND the build, and needless to say I walked out with a new acoustic. I compared it to my old Takamine which is basically unplayable anymore due to warping, and the Washburn, despite being half the price I payed for the Takamine, sounded better, and just felt more solid.

I'd recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a decent acoustic. It's not a Martin or a Taylor, but sounded as good as some Yamahas and Takamines that I've tried in the past that sold for $450-$600.

The Washburn is made in China, and the build is flawless. It has that nice high end sparkle as well as a nice bass response, and the tuners are very good, and the neck is solid.

Kazz
May 25th, 2008, 07:11 AM
The D-10S is what rekindled my love of acoustic guitar....somewhere back in 2004/2005.....and I bought a 96 model that was amazing.

4 years later I have a new D46 Southwest Series that is phenominal

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 07:36 AM
A good percentage of the Washburn crowd has or had a D10. Some had it as their first guitar, others had them for that acoustic needed for variety. Whatever the reason for owning, your comments have been stated thousands of times over.

Enjoy.

t_ross33
May 25th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Apparently the best selling acoustic for under $500. I really like mine. Sounds and looks great! :bravo:

It had a couple of finish flaws, but other than that the build is very good and it is a very playable guitar.

luvmyshiner
May 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM
My first guitar when I started out two years ago was a D10S. I still have it, still love it, and it remains my go to guitar. It's the guitar that goes with us on our vacations. I did spend a little extra money and upgraded to a bone nut and saddle, and based on the return they gave me in terms of sound, they were well worth the extra coin.

Congrats TS, she's a great guitar and you're going to love her.