PDA

View Full Version : How many here post on YouTube?

Algonquin
May 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Just curious how many Folks here post on YouTube?

You don't have to give your YouTube alias, but I know quite a few Folks here that have posted videos on YouTube. Maybe you've posted a clip on your motorcycle interests, or maybe it involves Area 51 (the ET cover up, not the pickup).

I like the concept of YouTube, not a huge fan of some of the silly comments I read, but it's the internet... and you get all kinds.

sunvalleylaw
May 25th, 2008, 10:02 PM
I have posted some ski footage from my kids' ski program.

Robert
May 25th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Loads of youtube videos, me have... :)

stingx
May 25th, 2008, 10:28 PM
OOH OOH Me!!!

Tone2TheBone
May 26th, 2008, 12:28 AM
My link to my tubing is on the bottom of my posts.

Jipes
May 26th, 2008, 03:43 AM
I do as well as on Daily Motion where the space is larger and the storage bigger ;)
http://www.dailymotion.com/fr/videos/jipes/1

Algonquin
May 26th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Cool stuff Gents... Stinx, care to share your vids?

I know a few more Fretter YouTubers here that haven't spoken up, and that's fine... some want a level of separation, and I can respect that.

I've thought of recording and posting something, but I'm a hack by nature in most things I do and would want to post something of reasonable value.

You Fretter YouTubers... how did you feel when uploading your first vid? I'm curious, because you are basically putting a pice of yourself out there for the masses to critique.

I actually took my new MiniDV camera canoing this week. I didn't take a lot of shots, but a few to get an idea of where I camp. Nothing too outback mind you... but no water or electricity supplied. Didn't see any bears either, so that was a plus! :AOK:

M29
May 26th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Hello Algonquin

I just put my first vid up on youtube. I am a hack but I thought shoot ya gotta start somewhere and I am not looking to get famouse. Maybe this will get me more serious. I kind of rushed it but ah...it is not very flattering but it is there non the less. Here is the link I was trying out a new speaker some of the guys wanted to here it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgH9KPCEVBA

M29

Algonquin
May 26th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Hello Algonquin

I just put my first vid up on youtube. I am a hack but I thought shoot ya gotta start somewhere and I am not looking to get famouse. Maybe this will get me more serious. I kind of rushed it but ah...it is not very flattering but it is there non the less. Here is the link I was trying out a new speaker some of the guys wanted to here it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgH9KPCEVBA

M29
Killer! Awesome post Barry... you've got a subscription and rating from me!

Cheers,
David

Tone2TheBone
May 26th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Barry dat you? Dude you're holdin' out man!

sunvalleylaw
May 26th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Nice Barry!

M29
May 27th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Thanks all:D

M29

Lev
May 27th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Cool vid M29.

For those youtubers I just discovered youtube insight today whaich shows you stats about who has watched your videos. My viewers have been 82% male and mostly in the 45-55 age group.

I think I need to jazz up my videos to appeal to the younger female market. Maybe I should do Fall Out Boy songs and get some dancers!! It's been about a year since I last posted a video so I need to come up with something new.

To see your data click on 'My Account' and the 'Youtube Insight' link is at the bottom of the page.

Jipes
May 27th, 2008, 06:58 AM
To see your data click on 'My Account' and the 'Youtube Insight' link is at the bottom of the page.

Great tools, Thanks a lot for pointing that out :AOK:

M29
May 27th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Thanks Lev and thanks for the tools. I have alot to learn about this youtube, all I have done is watch stuff on it and not really got into the rest of it.

Thanks again, this is very helpful. Great job on your youtube vids by the way!

M29

Skip77
May 30th, 2008, 04:54 AM
I used to have about 20 videos on youtube but noticed they changed the "raw file" names for my more recent additions to a direct path to my C: drive. I also noticed my hard drive taking off like a bat out of hell now and then and suspected youtube was actually directing viewers to video filess on my own pc. I have been unable to confirm this because youtube tech support, who has answered email inquiries in the past, has not answered my questions about this. I suffered a horrendous multi-virus infection about 5 months ago - took weeks and many long nights working with experts online to resolve and remove them all. I am not taking any chances in the future and for that reason, I removed all videos from youtube.

If anyone can offer information about the "raw file" names at youtube and whether they actually are links to our own pc's, I'm all ears!

oldguy
June 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM
Here's what I got, Algy. Look quick, look often, you never know when I might add or remove one........:rotflmao:
Kidding...... I haven't add anything for quite a while.
BTW, great job, M29, I just caught your vid......nice!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Deesman&p=r

just strum
June 1st, 2008, 12:36 PM
Here's what I got, Algy. Look quick, look often, you never know when I might add or remove one........:rotflmao:
Kidding...... I haven't add anything for quite a while.
BTW, great job, M29, I just caught your vid......nice!

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Deesman&p=r

Wow, the whole collection - can I do an infomercial and split the profits with you. You know, the customary artist takes 3%.:D

oldguy
June 1st, 2008, 12:51 PM
Wow, the whole collection - can I do an infomercial and split the profits with you. You know, the customary artist takes 3%.:D

I'm a construction worker (GPS survey/staking) by trade, "artist"....... dunno what that is, but I wouldn't do it for 3% customary or otherwise.......... although it is more than the customary savings acct. pays nowadays. I spent most of my money on GAS, women, and partying.......... the rest I just sorta wasted.:rolleyes: :bootyshake:

thearabianmage
June 1st, 2008, 01:39 PM
I also noticed my hard drive taking off like a bat out of hell now and then and suspected youtube was actually directing viewers to video filess on my own pc. I have been unable to confirm this because youtube tech support, who has answered email inquiries in the past, has not answered my questions about this. I suffered a horrendous multi-virus infection about 5 months ago - took weeks and many long nights working with experts online to resolve and remove them all.

I post on youtube, but this scares me. . . . .

just strum
June 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM
I'm a construction worker (GPS survey/staking) by trade, "artist"....... dunno what that is, but I wouldn't do it for 3% customary or otherwise.......... although it is more than the customary savings acct. pays nowadays. I spent most of my money on GAS, women, and partying.......... the rest I just sorta wasted.:rolleyes: :bootyshake:

Now we spend our money on gas, but not related to guitars or gear.:cry: