PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Myself

Epiphone
May 25th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Whats up everbody my name is Jim Bob. I've been playing guitar since August of 2007. That is when I bought my first guitar which is an Alvarez. It sounds beautiful and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I taught myself how to play by reading guitar tabs. I got a Epiphone Les Paul for my birthday. That is the guitar I play most now. I also have a Cry Baby Wah pedal. Thats really all the gear I have now. I'm looking to get a distortion pedal but i'm not sure what kind is good. So if anybody has any tips for a beginner guitarist like me feel free to email me. I'd like to post some videos of me playin but i'm not sure how to do it so is anybody wants to tell me I'd appreciate it.

just strum
May 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome Jim Bob. We have a few fretters here that are from Texas and I'm sure they will be around later tonight or tomorrow (a number of us are "older" and need to get our rest).

I think you will find a lot of information in the stomp box section doing a search and posting some question regarding what you are looking for.

Enjoy being a member here and good luck on your guitar journey.

sunvalleylaw
May 25th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Welcome Epi! I hope to add an Epi LP or maybe a knockoff, to my herd some day. I am sure you will have fun here. As far as another pedal, I think I would look at a Digitech Bad Monkey like a lot of us have here. You can get them cheap used and in good shape. More of an overdrive, but a good, versatile pedal. Search around in the Pedals forum. Lots of good info there. Again, welcome. :)

Also, you could check out this pedal: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=6830

The players here that own them love 'em, and I believe it covers a lot of ground between overdrive and distortion.

Spudman
May 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Hey Epi. I see you figured out how to work the forum. Good on ya mate. Enjoy and do check our older posts. There is a lot of information I'm sure you will find useful.

Jipes
May 26th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Hello Jim Bob welcome on board :AOK:

thearabianmage
May 26th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Hey dude, welcome!

Robert
May 26th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Welcome, Jim Bob!

thearabianmage
May 26th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Hey dude, welcome to the forum and all that jazz (and heavy metal!)

Is Jim Bob your real name? Not that it matters, but I always used to use that exact nom-de-plume on the internet when I was younger - and I've never actually met someone who's name is actually Jim Bob!! :D

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Not that it matters, but I always used to use that exact nom-de-plume -

Let me guess, your real name is James Robert:D

...on the internet when I was younger

At your age you are saying "when I was younger"? Any younger and you would be a fetus:poke:

thearabianmage
May 26th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Let me guess, your real name is James Robert:D

At your age you are saying "when I was younger"? Any younger and you would be a fetus:poke:

C'mon, now! 21 isn't that that young! :D

No, my names are Joseph Edward. . .Joe Ed. . . Joeed. . . . Joed. . . It just doesn't have the same ring. . . Lucky you, Jim Bob!

warren0728
May 26th, 2008, 07:05 AM
welcome epiphone....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

ted s
May 26th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Welcome Jim Bob !

luvmyshiner
May 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Welcome aboard Jim Bob.

Algonquin
May 26th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Welcome to the Fret.

Have a look here http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=7158 for some tips on using Windows Movie Maker, and posting to YouTube, then linking it here.

Cheers :beer:

Brian Krashpad
May 27th, 2008, 07:17 AM
Welcome Jim Bob!

mrmudcat
May 27th, 2008, 07:54 AM
WELCOME TO THE BEST SITE PERIOD!!:bravo:

oldguy
June 14th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Welcome to TheFret! :)

tot_Ou_tard
June 14th, 2008, 07:18 AM
C'mon, now! 21 isn't that that young! :D

No, my names are Joseph Edward. . .Joe Ed. . . Joeed. . . . Joed. . . It just doesn't have the same ring. . . Lucky you, Jim Bob!
Jo-Ed are you related to Jor-L, Superman's dad?

Welcome Jim Bob!

SuperSwede
June 14th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Welcome...

How come no one has introduced themselves with this classic phrase yet:

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I´m a man of wealth and taste..."

duhvoodooman
June 15th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Greetings, Epiphone. Guess I missed this intro earlier.

I've been known to make a quick & quiet getaway on occasion, so to keep Swede happy, I guess I could say:

"Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of stealth & haste." :D