PDA

View Full Version : New delay pedal - Danelectro PB & J

Robert
April 28th, 2006, 02:54 PM
It just arrived in the mail, haven't even unpacked it yet. I'll try it out tonight. I bought it because my other delay pedal needs a separate power adapter than the One-Spot adapter I'm using, and I'm tired of the hassle of using two adapters. I've heard good things about the PB & J so I thought I'd wing it and find out.;)

I'll say more after I've played with it a bit.

duhvoodooman
April 28th, 2006, 08:09 PM
I looked into the PB&J a bit when I was looking for a delay pedal, but ended up getting a used Digitech Digidelay off eBay. I'll be very interested to see what you think of it, Robert. The Danelectro pedals are certainly reasonably priced!

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2006, 01:48 AM
Do you have several different delay types on that one?

warren0728
April 29th, 2006, 06:57 AM
i bought the danelectro french fry auto wah pedal for my son and was not impressed. I am wondering if it is because we are using it in front of his roland microcube modelling amp. I just can't get any true "wah" sounds out of it.

I might hook it up to one of my tube amps to see if it sounds better.

Now i have an older danelectro cool cat chorus pedal (the bigger metal one) that i really like....

ww

Robert
April 29th, 2006, 08:42 AM
It has a long and short setting, which is quite useful. I can go from longer echoes for soloing to country style slap back echo by stomping one one button. Other than that, it is just a standard delay.

It sounds really nice for being so cheap. It's a keeper for me. It even has longer delay time than I thought, over a second I think. I

Another bonus is that it's small. My pedal board is always crowded but this one will fit in better than my old delay pedal.

Only drawback is the buttons are so small to stomp on.

warren0728
April 29th, 2006, 08:57 AM
good deal robert...i am going to expirement with the auto wah a little more....maybe it is defective. I bought it for conner because he likes the autowah setting on the vox ad30vt and his microcube doesn't have that effect. But it just doesn't work well with his cube. Could it be the whole digital effect in front of ss digital modelling amp...

ww

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2006, 11:33 AM
Only drawback is the buttons are so small to stomp on.

Skip the shoes and try to learn stomping with your toes, but beware of broken beer bottles on the stage floor :p

Robert
May 3rd, 2006, 09:02 PM
I find delay pedals into the modeling amp I have, the Vox AD50VT, can sound a bit unpleasant if the amp is in high gain mode. It would have been nice to have an effects loop on this amp, as that would give the opportunity to place the delay pedal after the gain section, and that always sounds better to my ears. That isn't always the case with a tube amp - in my Hellhound, the delay sounds good without using the effects loop.

Warren, could it be that you are using the auto-way with a high gain tone? If so, see how it sounds on a clean sound.