PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Photos

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM
No matter what size I set my camera or if I enlarge it on Photobucket, it always posts at the same size every time - any clues on what I need to do?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture246-1.jpg

I can't get the photos any bigger than this.

Spudman
May 26th, 2008, 11:53 AM
In Photobucket use the second url (direct link) then post into the forum using the yellow mountain/photo button. Past the link into the little window that opens.

If your pictures were uploaded into Photobucket at a large resolution then they should transfer right into your post that size.

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks. That wasn't it, it was what I was doing during the transfer to Photobucket. Geez, you would think the medication from the 70's when I was in my late teens would have worn off by now. Did I say early 70's, I meant late 90's:D

t_ross33
May 26th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Check your settings in 'bucket. They have a default setting (under the "Upload Images & Video" box that will automatically resize them. Change the setting from 640x480 to something more appropriate/desired.

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Check your settings in 'bucket. They have a default setting (under the "Upload Images & Video" box that will automatically resize them. Change the setting from 640x480 to something more appropriate/desired.

That is exactly what I realized I wasn't doing. I stay off of PB for a few weeks and they redo their site.

tjcurtin1
May 26th, 2008, 06:46 PM
I've used the forum's vbimage host for pics here, with the same sizing problem. I see that you guys seem to be using Photobucket, whatever that is - can someone do a post telling how to use this service and how then to send images from there to posts here?

Thanks!

just strum
May 26th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I've used the forum's vbimage host for pics here, with the same sizing problem. I see that you guys seem to be using Photobucket, whatever that is - can someone do a post telling how to use this service and how then to send images from there to posts here?

Thanks!

These instructions are slightly dated, but should do the trick

Save your photos to your harddrive and then go to photobucket.com and set up an account. Once in photobucket, upload your photo(s) from your harddrive. You will see an upload button, click on it and pull the photos from your harddrive. Once uploaded it will ask you if you want to save - click save

then just click on the bottom selection (just below the photo titled IMG Code), that will copy the photo, then go to your post, right click, hit paste. (this last part can also be done the way Spudman describes above in the second post of this thread).

Spudman
May 26th, 2008, 07:02 PM
TJ

Sign up for your free Photobucket account. Then follow the directions earlier in this post.
It's also a great idea to take pictures of all your stuff and put it on Photobucket in case your house burns down or is broken into.

http://photobucket.com/

tjcurtin1
May 26th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Done! Thanks guys!