PDA

View Full Version : Caught BB KING last night at hob - orlando

warren0728
April 29th, 2006, 07:44 AM
We went to the bb king show last night at house of blues - orlando and my son was in heaven! There has been alot of talk about bb's health and he has had to cancel some shows because of it. His diabetes is getting to him and he has a hard time getting around. Sometimes he has had to be helped onto stage. On a positive note...i noticed that although bb was brought to stage side in a wheelchair, he did walk across the stage unaided and even did a little dance before sitting down.

He did mention his diabetes and that his knees and back were bad so he would be sitting during the show. He was very personable during the show and his voice was strong. His playing was excellent too but a little limited (he let his band play quite a bit and he did a lot of talking)..he really worked the crowd. He played for 2 hours!

If he comes anywhere near you guys you owe it to yourself to see him because i don't think he will be touring much longer....

ww

tot_Ou_tard
April 29th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Cooool, Warren!!

ray82609
May 2nd, 2006, 02:59 PM
I got to see him here about 9 months ago. Truly amazing 80 year old! I saw him about 30 years ago and he played more and talked less, but still has the same personality and charm. He's got to be one of the best story tellers around.
-Ray