PDA

View Full Version : Jackson/Charvel guitar - I need a bit of info. . .

thearabianmage
May 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM
I've recently bought a Jackson/Charvel CX692 from this kid for £80. . . It was in terrible condition, so I've fully fixed/cleaned it up (replaced all internal electronics, strap buttons, hex bushings on the headstock (one was missing, so I had to buy 6 to replace it. . . nice. . .) straightened the neck, gave it [my first] fret job, cleaned the fretboard, replaced all the rusty screws, trem posts. . . all that kind of stuff) and one of my guitar students really wants to buy it. . . When I first mentioned it to them, I said I could do it for £150 - but I'm wondering if that may be too cheap. It's got a low serial number, which to my understanding is desirable.

Maybe it's just because I'm jobless and watching every penny that I think £150 is too cheap, but does anyone here know anything about the worth of these guitars?

The information I know about it is that it is a poplar body, HSS, it has a ghetto tremolo (cool rhyme), made in Japan in around 1992-93, maple neck/rosewood fingerboard, 22 frets plain dot inlay. . .

Any info/advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Cheers y'all

marnold
May 28th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I assume that this is what you're talking about (http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=32&pos=24)? The Jackson/Charvel forum (http://www.jcfonline.com) has a little more information. It's apparently one of the last Charvel models made in Japan. They don't seem to be as popular or as common as the earlier Model series. 150 pounds comes out to about $300 US, right? From what little I've been able to find, you're not going to get a better deal than that.

thearabianmage
May 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM
150 pounds comes out to about $300 US, right? From what little I've been able to find, you're not going to get a better deal than that.

Well, it seems it may be that way - but it's hard to judge the prices of guitars in that sense. . . usually it's the numbers that count - not the value. For example, Bessie was $501.16 when I got her in Georgia, and then I came to England and saw that the same guitar would've been between £450-500. . . numbers not value. Things have changed a bit, but on the whole that seems to be how it works. . . . .

Cheers for the link though. I was there earlier on today and I guess the server was busy or something because it wouldn't let me do anything, but I've registered now so I'll carry this thread on over there. . .

Not many people here seem too knowledgeable on guitars outside of Fender, Gibson, and Gretsch (no offense, anyone. . .) :AOK: