Slowhand
April 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I would have loved to have been there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw9CaPR1yho&search=The%20beatles&watch2
sorry about the pun
& by the way I'm not referring to the Beatles

Spudman
April 29th, 2006, 02:02 PM
So sweeeeettt! Brings tears to my eyes seeing George alive.
Thanks.

Katastrophe
April 30th, 2006, 06:44 AM
My favorite Harrison tune. Clapton on the Les Paul was just freaking brilliant. Did you see where they started soloing together, then Clapton stepped back and let Harrison take over? That's just awesome, and it gives me goose bumps watching the video.

Keep on posting those vid finds, Slowhand. Thanks for sharing!:D :DR :DR

duhvoodooman
April 30th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Clapton on the Les Paul...
Where's Nelskie? He's gonna want to see that!

warren0728
April 30th, 2006, 03:07 PM
great video.....does anyone know the name of the charismatic percussionist playing tamborine on this song. I have seen him play with clapton a couple of times when i've seen clapton live but i don't know who he is.

ww

Spudman
April 30th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Ray Cooper. He's the first westerner to play Russia when he toured with Elton John in the early 70's. Just the two of them. He's also played with everyone else and I do mean EVERYONE.

warren0728
April 30th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Ray Cooper.
cool thanks...i knew someone on here would know...the man is awesome and a lot of fun to watch live.

ww

The G-string
May 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
I lost count of how many times I got goosebumps.

I guess you all already know that Clapton was the only invited outside musician to ever record with the Beatles (and it was on that song).

Slowhand
May 2nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
And of course Alan Civil who Played the Horn on:- For No One (Revolver)
Does anyone Know which concert this was and if it's available on DVD?

Tone2TheBone
May 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
And I thought Mick sang on All you Need is Love? (video footage) Does Billy Preston count too? (Keys on later songs)

Spudman
May 2nd, 2006, 09:20 PM
I guess you all already know that Clapton was the only invited outside musician to ever record with the Beatles (and it was on that song).

I guess the string players on Elanor Rigby and Yesterday don't count as musicians? And, ya, Billy Preston?
Hmmmm.:confused:

Nelskie
May 2nd, 2006, 09:36 PM
I guess the string players on Elanor Rigby and Yesterday don't count as musicians? And, ya, Billy Preston? Hmmmm.:confused:
Let's play nice here, fellas. No one's keeping score on the music trivia. ;)

Slowhand
May 4th, 2006, 01:18 PM
I think Allen Civil & Billy Preston were the only named people who played on Beatle tracks but Quite a lot of other people ( George Martin & members of the London Symphony Orchestra for Example) but mostly they managed in house so to speak.But who cares it's the music that counts in the end I mean would anyone turn down the chance to play on a Beatle track named or not.

tremoloman
May 5th, 2006, 08:58 AM
I guess you all already know that Clapton was the only invited outside musician to ever record with the Beatles (and it was on that song).What about Billy Preston? He is considered the 5th Beatle by most.

The G-string
May 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Sorry - - guess I shouldn't believe everything I read, then.

Oh well.