PDA

View Full Version : Michael Angelo, and not the artist

PassIt
April 30th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Anyone heard of this guy?
He has to be the absolute fastest guitarist there is!
His album "No Boundries" has some insanely awesome shredding. But in his more recent stuff, I think he shreds too much and it kind of kills the song. His old stuff though, he knows how to layer it, like when to play fast and when to play slow. He has a website too, www.angelo.com. He has this video of him doing a solo on this crazy double neck guitar that has a left handed neck AND a right handed neck and he plays them both at the same time with only his fingers! If your into shredding and virtuoso style, you should definatly check him out!

Tone2TheBone
May 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
I remember him. At the time I just laughed him off as another gimmick. There were much more tasteful "shredders" during his day that I preferred.

Slowhand
May 1st, 2006, 11:32 AM
Oh come thats just showing off! Mind you if he had played The boys are back in town I would have really been impressed.;)

warren0728
May 1st, 2006, 12:50 PM
i'm not much into shredding...more of a blues guy myself but i can appreciate how hard it must be to play different parts of songs with each hand....

ww

Tim
May 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Can you imagine a "blues shredder"? He would have you up and down so many times through the song that you would think you were on the roller coaster of life.

Buckle up baby ... I'm takin' ya for a ride.

Iago
May 1st, 2006, 09:43 PM
The only thing about him I know is that the kids from the Brazilian Forum I used to go just love him... but I think that Malmsteem is still the king around that area hehehehe

warren0728
May 1st, 2006, 09:48 PM
Can you imagine a "blues shredder"?
here you go....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t_ADPU3muY&search=Yngwie

Spudman
May 1st, 2006, 10:56 PM
No matter what you say it takes a lot of work to be able to do what he does. Still it gets a little old listening to too many notes. Just like the king told Mozart, " it has too many notes." If you haven't seen the movie Amadeus it's a real treat.

SuperSwede
May 2nd, 2006, 02:10 AM
Yeah, Amadeus is a fantastic movie!

Tim
May 2nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
Thanks Warren. Can you slow that down to half time please? That ain't my style of "blues".

Tone2TheBone
May 2nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
No matter what you say it takes a lot of work to be able to do what he does. Still it gets a little old listening to too many notes. Just like the king told Mozart, " it has too many notes." If you haven't seen the movie Amadeus it's a real treat.

Well said Count Orsini-Rosenberg...there's simply...too many notes.

Love,

Emperor Joseph II

warren0728
May 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
not my style either tim....

ww